Latest Interweave Crochet- Finally

Just noticed this morning that the next issue of Interweave Crochet is coming out April 1st. Their website has pics of several projects and I can't wait to get a hold of it!! The sister-interweave knit magazine has been out for awhile and I was beginning to wonder about the Crochet version!

IK also has more to offer. Did you see the IK Felting issue? Came out before Christmas. I would have LOVED an IC version.

But I will say Interweave Crochet is really a great mag.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to get mine. The Woodsland Tunic is so beautiful that I've just got to make one!

I agree, I think I'll have to try my hand at that also.

Hmmm, I don't think we've checked the mail since Friday, so hopefully my issue is in the mail today.

Got my issue in today's mail (March 25). Honestly I'm not impressed. There isn't anything in it that I can't live without...and they certainly don't think about larger women's needs.

Got my issue in today's mail (March 25). Honestly I'm not impressed. There isn't anything in it that I can't live without...and they certainly don't think about larger women's needs.

yeah, i really wish some of them had been sized up to 1 or 2 x

yeah, i really wish some of them had been sized up to 1 or 2 x

:c9 I got mines today also (3/25).

:ghug I agree with the larger size comments.

:tup I like a lot of the projects, but I'd be doing very well to make 2-3 of them. I'm focusing on the Woodsland Tunic for myself and the Floral Lace Belt as a gift for someone I could see this on. If I get really serious I would like to make Geometry Dress and the Baby Doll Dress.

:think Observation: Does anyone else have some of the older issues where the binding is more squared off? I prefer that binding method, it's more durable than just the "stapled" binding currently being used.

I have to agree with you. The toddler dress is about all I would do. Love the shawl, but nothing I would use. Absolutely nothing that would fit me or even be appropriate for my age. Lovely work, but not for me.

I got mine a couple days ago. I agree that it seems like previous issues have had more large sizes, and this issue was lacking that. I like the fact that there is a range of patterns, some more complicated and advanced, and some that would be good for new crocheters, or a quick project for anyone. I like the Ring around the Posy top, and it seems like it would be easy to adapt to larger sizes. Actually my favorite garment in the issue is the lacy dress designed by Gayle Bunn in the Nashua Handknits ad--I think it is lovely (alas I am the wrong age and size for it:sigh ) I like the technique articles and articles about designers.

I definitely agree the early renewal notices are annoying, but every mag I've ever subscribed to has done that so I guess it's part of the business.

Kathy, I have to agree with you, I really was drawn to that same lacy dress in the Nashua Handknits ad! So much so that I had to jump online to see if I could somehow download it! :lol

But yes, larger sizes in the patterns would have made me a little happier...but I can still make things for other people :D

~k

Mine finally came today. I am pretty excited about some of the projects. I really LOVE the Troubadour socks. I'm trying to decide if they are too difficult for me... I also really like the Bouquet Stole, the China Doll and the Butterscotch Cardigan. Now we'll just have to see how many of these I actually end up making...

Archived