Latest Interweave Crochet- Finally

I'm looking forward to the next issue too. But I've got to say that they were pretty quick in getting out subscription renewal letters!

No kidding! IC has a lousy fulfillment dept. DH renewed my sub for two years (!) without asking me, which would be OK except that IC isn't so good at getting the mags to their subscribers: I receive only about every third magazine, and they're always on the newsstands for two or three weeks before I get those.

I just got my issue in the mail yesterday. There are some really beautiful designs in this issue. There is a pair of crocheted socks in there that are the most attractive crochet socks I have ever seen! I might have to try them!

Renee' :yes

I was at Walmart this morning and they already had it out for sale. I looked thru it but decided against buying it. There wasn't any patterns I really wanted this time. The summer edition sounds interesting , supposedly all white or off white patterns.

wendyb532

I really like this issue. I like that the patterns are more advanced caused that gives me a chance to stretch my skills. I've already got the yarn for the socks - hope to start them sometime next week.

I love the China Doll pattern. Doris Chan so totally rocks!!

:bounce

That pattern is the whole reason I splurged and got this at Walmart this afternoon :hook

• 2 weeks later...

I love this issue. I've been really into knitting lately and ignoring my crochet, but this issue is going to make me come back. I love that they have garments in finer gauges, to me that makes much more sense for crochet since crochet is naturally bulkier than knitting. The Butterscotch Cardigan is at the top of my list, but I also like China Doll. I think China Doll might look nice in a shiny viscose or silk or rayon yarn with a contrasting color on the trims and the knot button/flowers. I like the Marianne mobius wrap, too. The socks aren't bad looking, but it doesn't make sense to me to do stranded colorwork with crochet on socks. Maybe if they had called them "slippers" that would make more sense, but with crochet's natural bulkiness and the added bulk of the colorwork, I think it's going to be hard to fit those in shoes.

Archived