Hello Kitty Tote

Yarnster

Hey guys. I wanted to show you all the tote I ended up making for my sister. It will hold all the other little gifts I'll make her for being flowergirl at my wedding.

HK_Tote.jpg

Its from Oslofia's krochetalong. I used one strand of Bernat Softee Chunky and an I hook and I made the straps shorter than what the pattern called for and it came out perfectly.

I know I haven't been online much lately. I lost a dear companion (Jinzo, my rabbit) and have been feeling down a lot but I thought I would give an update as to the things I'm making my sister. I have this tote and a baby blanket for her teddy bear. I'm currently trying to finish her purse and lipbalm holder. The letter K Pillow is next and then a shrug, capelet, shawl or poncho. I can't decide which yet.

I will keep you guys up to date on the gifts as I finish them. Thank you again for the wonderful suggestions :hug

-Wendy

Here is the link to the crochet-along blog.

http://hellokittykal2.blogspot.com/

-Wendy

:) Thank you

It was my first real project in where I had to change yarn and work off a chart. I've tried it before and made a mess but I was determined to make this as best as I could. I'm such a beginner but I finally got the hang of it :)

Sorry to hear about your rabbit:cry :hug

:cry Its still very hard to deal with but coming here this morning has made me feel a little better. I hadn't noticed how much I've missed and how comforting it actually is to see others so happy and proud of their creations and just being here with friends they cherish. My fiance even offered to dig into savings (knowing we can't afford to) to buy me some yarn or a book or something to help me not be so depressed. Thats what made me come back to the group a lot sooner than I thought I would. I don't need yarn or books.. I just need company when I'm alone. And thats what you guys are to me. Friends that keep me company. I know I'm still new around here but it feels like I'm getting to know you all little by little. :hug I know I always feel better and leave with a smile and ideas after spending some time here.

Wendy I'm gald you find comfort here :hug I can imagine that nothing could make you not be sad about losing your dear friend. I have two chihuahuas that are my babies and I know I'd be inconsolable if something happened to one of them:cry I hope you feel better soon :hug

That is just sooo adorable! I think my niece would love that someday. She's not even 1 yet and here I am planning on getting her hooked on Hello Kitty!!!

Great job!!!

Bec

Archived