Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very beautiful! (And I see a daisy pattern in there... makes my heart glad.. :manyheart )

I love the daisy square, there are six in this afghan and 20 in the one that was sent to Jessica. Thank you for a wonderful pattern, if you look close there are a couple Eternity Squared squares in both of them too:c9

THis is great Bonnie. You're doing such a wonderful job putting these together from donated squares.

Joyce

this is the latest afghan put together from donated squares from participants

faawareness002_edited.jpg

forgot to add; this one will be going to Jimbo for the FA auction along with my own personal contribution.

Bonnie it is just beautiful!
The beauty comes from all those squares from so many people coming together :c9
AMAZING!! Bonnie you take my breath away!

And thank you just doesn't seem enough.

But.... THANK YOU!!!

humbled

Jimbo

The beauty is a group of ladies and gentlemen that are helping to make a person'e life easier and help find a cure for those afflicted, thank yous belong to every person that contributes a square.

BTW there is a challenge coming up in a few days. The month of October is the month I would like to challenge everyone to make as many squares as they can for FA awareness. I would love to receive enough to make several more afghans.

• 1 month later...

I sent a registered letter to the last person that the hook was sent to. I have not heard back thoough I know that the letter arrived. I will be so sad if the hook is not returned or forwarded:blush

I was giving the person a reasonable amount of time to respond to me.

The original Traveling Hook III has gone MIA. After speaking to Jimbo, we have decided to leave it up to all of you if you want this thread to continue.

Jimbo has offered to make another hook and send it to the next person that should receive it, BTW if we decide to keep this thread going, we will continue adding participants.

With a change in what to make with the hook. I suggested that members can make anything they want with the hook when they have it, we will contiue making 8 " squares as those are easy, but if you want to make something else for the auction to be held in WA. to benefit this disorder, you are free to do so. The squares will still be sent to me, but everything else shoudl be sent directly to Jimbo. He may ask that you hold on to them until shortly before each auction as there are storage issues and he would hate for anything to be damaged while waiting.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???? Want to continue? :hug

I think we should continue on too. Even if the hook is MIA, we can still continue to make squares, etc.....until each person on the list has contributed. I think that we should keep going :cheer:cheer:cheer

I will ask Jimbo to make a "replacement" hook then. I really wanted to see this continue as there is so much talent herethat has been untapped and look at the list of participants that haven't had a chance to "feel the love" yet. As I said, it can be 8" squares or anything else you can do in your time frame. If you need a couple extra days, I am sure we will understand. Once the new hook is made it will go to Wildthing1058 if she is still interested. I do have all the addresses and after you use the hook I ask that you pm or e-mail me to get the next address, it helps me keep track of where it is andwhere it is going, no more MIA hooks in our future.:devil

Cherri, as part of this group you DO get a vote. I think this is a great project and happy to see so many wanting it to go forward. I do not think it was intentional, just somewhere in the states, hoping to see it return home like a lost pet.

I would love to see it continue. There is a lot of love in this group and I think we all want to keep it going. Jimbo you are a wonderful man for making a second hook. Who knows maybe one day the missing hook will rejoin us. We can hope can't we? I would hate to think it went MIA on purpose and hope that it just went on a little vacation from all the hooking its been doing. Jessica please come home to us. We miss you!

back from the crick... caught up on posts.... and making plans to make a Traveling Hook III-2. I'm heartened to see all who want to see the project continue.

But just a little help please.... I don't remember what size the original hook was. I'd like to make the new one the same size for consistency.

Can someone help me out?

Jimbo

back from the crick... caught up on posts.... and making plans to make a Traveling Hook III-2. I'm heartened to see all who want to see the project continue.

But just a little help please.... I don't remember what size the original hook was. I'd like to make the new one the same size for consistency.

Can someone help me out?

Jimbo

I'm pretty sure it was about an "H", Jimbo. It sure was nice. :yes

• 1 month later...

Hello ladies,

I know that this has been idle for a while, the hook disappeared for quite some time. NBut alas our wonderful creator has come through and provided a new hook. It is a size H and made of RedHeart. I am making a cozy for the little guy and not only did Jimbo provide a new hook to fuel our passions, he donated the first Crick square. I will get the picture on here after the sun rises today. Great job Jimbo.

:yay:yayLadies are you ready to keep this moving? :yay:yay

Archived