Twin Preemie sets

sem464

A friend of a friends daughter recently gave birth to twin boys 3 months premature - 2# 3z & 2# 8z. I told my friend I would make onesies. Here is what I ended up with.:lol I just can't resist the chance to make these.

twinspreemieset.jpg

you did A awesome job. your friend will love them. i hope the babies do well, its amazing how they can help even babies that small. both of my nephews were about 3 pounds when they were born and both are now healthy adults. god bless them and also you for doing such a nice thing:hug :hug vicki

I'm glad you all like them. I just love making these. Here is the link to the pattern http://pantherdragon.bravepages.com/all-in-one.html I have made one change to the pattern after making several. When you are making the diaper cover portion, row 10, I think: I made dc dec's, instead of ch 3, skip two stitches. Just makes the edges cleaner. It is great either way.

I used Bernat Softee Blue Marble & Softee white for the yarns. They are so soft. I used "Bev's easy booties" & adapted the 1 hr hat pattern (it calls for afghan stitch which I just fight with). So what I did was - using a G hook -This sometimes needs adjusting depending on what yarn you use. (I crochet a little tight) ch 40, 20 rows of sc. Then followed the pattern for assembly. After sewn together, I just crocheted a row of dc around the bottom & turned it up, using the same size hook. Obviously, I did not put the pom pom on. Someone told me they thought it made it too top heavy for preemie.

Archived