Rustica Scarf

Frangipani

I made this scarf last night using Panda Rustica. It's all in double crochet and then I weaved two different colours of yarn through the scarf. Waddya think?

Scarf:

th_IMG_4582.jpg

Close up Detail (click me):

th_IMG_4580.jpg

Bec

It looks great! I've never seen that yarn.....

Great job!

Thanks everyone. It's a brand (Panda) I discovered here in Australia. Nice and cushy stuff!

The scarf is really nice. :manyheart I just jumped over to your Sidneys Stitchers site. It is looking really great. I love the hats you have done & of course I love the onesies. I really like making those.:c9 It is such a quick, gratifying project & a good cause all at the same time. I am supose to show a friend of mine how to do that pattern next week. Can't wait. Ok, I know I got off subject. Sorry, but at least it was still Crochet:lol

What a great idea to weave in different color yarn. I like it :clap

Is it getting cold down there now? Guess you will be wearing it soon :)

Barbara

Thank you everyone for the encouraging comments! Yes, it's getting COLD down here. The days are starting to feel like those cold/crisp/sunny fall days we get back in California in late October (descriptive, eh?).

We're due for some serious wet days though which will be great!!

This was my first time working with a yarn that gets FAT then skinny then FAT again (very technical I know) so that's how it got such a fluffy effect.

Thanks again!

Bec

The scarf is really nice. :manyheart I just jumped over to your Sidneys Stitchers site. It is looking really great. I love the hats you have done & of course I love the onesies. I really like making those.:c9 It is such a quick, gratifying project & a good cause all at the same time. I am supose to show a friend of mine how to do that pattern next week. Can't wait. Ok, I know I got off subject. Sorry, but at least it was still Crochet:lol
they are adorable. crochet is THE thing and i love doing it almost as much as eating pie!!!!!:lol :lol :lol the onsies are nice too for babies, and i think its great that you both do them, bec your scarf is wonderful. i wondered how that kind of yarn was to work witha(not the brand , but the thick, thin stuff) and it is beautiful. feels like fall here right now, is down in the 40's. i am ready for some sunshine and WARM temps!!!!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol vicki

Archived