Where do you stash your stash?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must warn you, you may not like my method,lol I store may yarn in a 20 gallon plastic tub( recently down graded to a 10 gallon) and I usually store up against the wall in my room on my side of the bed because my bedroom closet has the 20 gallon tub with my fabric and other craft supplies in it but I have been doing most of my crocheting in the living room so it now sits right next to the couch.

Thought I would share since no one has replied yet.

P.S. I know my method isn't a very good one..maybe I will learn something here,lol

Any place I can :lol:lol:lol

I have about 12 totes in varying sizes, an old toy box I now use for yarn, my linen closet (I can still call it that since one shelf has towels and sheets on it), dresser drawer, plastic bags, tote bags and my new wicker basket.

I have some of it in plastic bins ...then I have some canvas hanging bags that I guess you would use for sweaters and such ...those are really cool. Got that idea from a user here on the ville. Gonna go see if I can find her post - she had pics.

Ahh here it is: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=729104&postcount=45

Hey, I like that idea. :) Mine is on shelves, in totes, and in tons of boxes. However, partly, that's because we just moved (the 4th time in 3 1/2 years, but the LAST I hope) again, but mostly because that's just where yarn goes, right? :)

Victoria

I keep mine in 20-gal storage bins in what I call the "scary room" ... a.k.a. the storage/craft room. I try to buy the clear bins so I can see what's inside and I bought a 6ft tall x 3ft wide x 2ft deep shelving unit that I stack the bins on. Helps get things up off the floor.

Happy crocheting!

EagleEye

Mine is ALL over my room,but I have been informed that the painters are coming soon and it is time to get neat. Ever since I filled the storage areas in my room with other stuff I have thought you know those would be really good places for yarn. So now I HAVE to get those cleared out so I can put my yarn there and the painters can get into my room! The only organised place in my room is my closet. :)

I like the idea with the bags in the closet! Me, I have my baby yarn in one tote bag, soft yarn in another tote bag, yarn to make project I am working on now, in a tote bag, and the extra yarn is in a box. Plus, I have more yarn in a tote bag that was for sheets! :lol

I do like the tub ideas. Now, if I can only bring myself to part with my girls "stuffed animal menagerie", I would have plenty of totes! :P

I do want to get myself at least one tote bag, or basket to throw my yarn in.

It's mostly in totes of varying sizes. I also have an antique copper boiler that I have full of thread and a big redwing crock full of yarn. All of it is neatly stacked in my corner of the den, except one big tote which is in the 'catch-all' spare bedroom.

I use sweater hangers...I figured this out in the dorms! I had no space for my yarn or other craft stuff! I got a few of these and put my t-shirts, sweaters, undies, socks, shoes, and yarn in them. By the way, don't get the plastic ones...I get cloth ones at Target, the plastic ones DO break and actually fairly easily at that. The cloth ones hold up with lots of weight! I also use the plastic containers...they are portable and work well!

I bought three-drawer rolling containers (two of them) for my stash to get it out of my closet, but those are over-flowing and I think I need a third. I keep them in what is supposed to be a dining room in my apartment but has been turned into an office/craft room.

Joyce

I've learned alot from all of you. Now to get motivated to do something with my stash! Now, I have my stuff all piled willy-nilly in plastic tubs and large ziploc bags in the extra bedroom. I had tried the space bags (I think thats the name) and they were a hassle losing air and reexpanding. It is really hard keeping a path clear to get into this room!:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

i keep some in a plastic laundry tub beside the couch (gasp!) some in a diaper box on the bookshelf and a jumbled up messy plastic moving box in the basement. i do have pretty little cases for all my crochet hooks though.

One large oak dresser is filled, one closet is filled, most of the hutch in my kitchen is filled, and there are bags and bags all over. Bags. I keep thinking I've got to put these somewhere. Uh-huh.

Archived