Hobby Lobby coming soon?

mva5493

I was just looking for the nearest hobby lobby (I am trying to find some red heart holiday yarn, not much luck was hoping to find something that hadn't sold out). Anyway went to hl's site and under store locater It said opening 2008, and listed and address and phone number. That won't help me with this project (trying to get finished before 2/10) but I am happy there will be a new place to buy yarn. The only place here now is walmart and what I occasionally find at big-lots (mostly specialty)

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:claphappy, happy, joy, joy

Where 'bouts in KY do you live? I can think of at least four Hobby Lobbys in KY.

I am in Richmond, right now the closest one I can think of is in Nicholasville (it was supposed to have opened in October, but I don't know anything about Nicholasville so I had not checked into it yet.

that is great news! wal-mart always carries those standard colors and types of yarn and it must get frustrating to have only that to choose from. Things are so much easier now with ordering online, but it is nice to be able to go in and browse and get ideas for projects. Hope that building goes quickly!

I do order some online, but I like to be able to see and feel what I am ordering. Also, when on a deadline, sometimes waiting for an online order is not an option.

I love my local HL! The have a good selection of current yarns at generally good prices and clearance sales on discontinued ones, and the people are very friendly (they know me). They even have a good selection of their new "I LOVE THIS YARN" which I really like. Michaels is even closer to me and has a pretty good selection, for a Michaels, at prices typical for them, and their sales are usually good too. Walmart, OTOH, has a lousy selection and so-so prices. Their whole fabric and crafts section seems to skrink everytime I go there (which is as seldom as possible).

You will be happy when you do get a Hobby Lobby. I just love the place. Their selections of yarn are just fabulous.

:manyheart

• 4 weeks later...
I was just looking for the nearest hobby lobby (I am trying to find some red heart holiday yarn, not much luck was hoping to find something that hadn't sold out). Anyway went to hl's site and under store locater It said opening 2008, and listed and address and phone number. That won't help me with this project (trying to get finished before 2/10) but I am happy there will be a new place to buy yarn. The only place here now is walmart and what I occasionally find at big-lots (mostly specialty)

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:claphappy, happy, joy, joy

I'm really looking forward to this one opening! It is down the street from where I go for doctor's appointmet once a month (by Norton Suburban Hosp)! I live in Hardin Co., KY and the only place to buy yarn here is WalMart, Hancocks and Michaels. Their selection seems to be shrinking. I have found yarn once in a while at Roses, Big Lots and Dollar Tree. As far as the thrift stores here, I never have luck. I asked one worker at Goodwill if they ever got yarn in and she said yes, but they usually threw it away because of tangles! I told her that I would buy it anyway to please not throw it away!:cheer:clap

I know Nickolsville, my brother used to live there. You are not far from Lexingotn, go there, plenty of Big lots, Hobby Lobbys and Michaels and wal-marts. I cannot remember if there is a Joanns tho. I am close to Ft. Knox, and all we have is Wal-marts and a very very small Michaels. I do alot of on-line ordering.

sunnywolfgar

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

Hobby lobby is opening on Friday June 6, with grand opening on Monday June 9.....have been watching the construction on the store and just couldn't wait for it to be finished. Didn't mind going to lexington, or ordering yarn online but it's just great to know it will be closer.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

*sniffle* I'd really like to have a Hobby Lobby up here in Maine! :cry JoAnn's, Michaels, and ACMoore just isn't ENOUGH!!

I have often said I would like to go to ACMoore, none of those around here. and Jo-Ann's is no longer here either.

I love Hobby Lobby. I know in the past I needed some yarn, more than what they had in stock of what I wanted. They ordered all so it would be the same dye lot. I got it at the sale price and it didn't cost any shipping. Can't beat that. They called when it came in..:cheer

Wish Hobby Lobby would come to Pennsylvania. I went to my first HL in TN and boy it was better then our Michael's, AC Moore and Joanne's. I went yarn crazy in TN. I know that I have to go back some day soon.

just wanted to say that I think I foun a second home......HL opened on Friday and I spent two hours just looking the place over. Most of the time was spent in the yarn section, but it was well worth it. Hadn't planned on buying much (the grand opening is tomorrow, and I plan to make a return trip), but I still managed about $32.00 worth of clearance and sale priced yarn. nothing like lots of great colors and textures to put you in a good mood. I am still on :c9:c9:c9 two days later!

I would love to see a Hobby Lobby in my area. A couple of years ago, we finally got an AC Moore (already have Michaels and Joanns and Wal-mart) but it would be great to see different yarns (though I do order I Love this Yarn online right now).

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...
just wanted to say that I think I foun a second home......HL opened on Friday and I spent two hours just looking the place over. Most of the time was spent in the yarn section, but it was well worth it. Hadn't planned on buying much (the grand opening is tomorrow, and I plan to make a return trip), but I still managed about $32.00 worth of clearance and sale priced yarn. nothing like lots of great colors and textures to put you in a good mood. I am still on :c9:c9:c9 two days later!

I live in RIchmond also. Three of my co-workers have gone and i am so jealous. My husband won't step foot near it.

I live in RIchmond also. Three of my co-workers have gone and i am so jealous. My husband won't step foot near it.

My husband hasn't made it there yet either, I have now been twice. I had to go back to get more I love this yarn. I have started a granny square afghan and really like this yarn. I only purchased two skiens of it last week because I had never tried it before. I don't think I can go back to rhss. So that means even more time in Hobby Lobby.:devil

Archived