Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Emily -

Your ripple looks wonderful :woo! How long did it take to make & what are the final measurements?? Also, for us "newbies", can you tell us what type & how much yarn it took to make?

Marie

WOW...thanks for all the compliments. I don't know the measurements...I never even thought to measure it. I used an L hook and chained 230. I used Red Heart Super Saver and two skeins of each shade blue & black. I still have some light blue and navy blue left over. It took me about 2 months to do. I thought it would go alot quicker but it didn't. I am really happy with the way it turned out. One Christmas present down!!! 5 to go!

I have started 2 more afghans...was going to take a break from ripples and do one in my version of the harlequin pattern

2315736262_6c3bc5be4f_m.jpg

then I had to go to Michael's the other day to return something and my 6 yr old son asked me to make him a blanket :D so I let him pick his colors and of course had to start it that night...

2314924311_37631f9330_m.jpg

Just wanted to share with every 1...even though the 1st one isn't a ripple!! Happy crocheting every 1:hook

:D thank you...I do really like the harlequin stitch...so having that and a ripple to work on...is wonderful! Will probably finish my son's before I get back to that one though...it's not everyday that your 6 yr. old boy asks him mommy to make him something :D. So far we have a thumbs up from him on the progress...he's so funny!

Wow, love the harlequin pattern! I had to laugh when you said it wasn't every day your little boy asks you to make him something. My "little" guys are 8 & 12 (oh excuse me....almost 13 :eek) and they have seen how nice my ripple is going and have asked me to make them both one....but in more "manly" colors :wink.

One has requested Red, Black & White. While the other has asked for either Black, Royal Blue & White or Black, Gray & White.

The one I am working on now looks like its gonna be huge 58" wide x probably 70" long so it may be a while before I start another. I'm not very good at working on two things at once. If I start something else, I seem to never get the other one done. So they may need to wait a while.... or I may just make them both a throw size one for Christmas (hey, I may be able to get them both done plus the main one). Considering we have our house up for sale, are looking at new homes, have to pack. etc., etc. 3 crocheted gifts for Christmas this year may be all I can handle.

Marie

I have started 2 more afghans...was going to take a break from ripples and do one in my version of the harlequin pattern

then I had to go to Michael's the other day to return something and my 6 yr old son asked me to make him a blanket :D so I let him pick his colors and of course had to start it that night...

Just wanted to share with every 1...even though the 1st one isn't a ripple!! Happy crocheting every 1:hook

Love both of your ripples! :cheer I especially like the first one with the fall color variegated yarn!! What brand and color is that one! I have to have it!! :yes:lol

Wow, love the harlequin pattern! I had to laugh when you said it wasn't every day your little boy asks you to make him something. My "little" guys are 8 & 12 (oh excuse me....almost 13 :eek) and they have seen how nice my ripple is going and have asked me to make them both one....but in more "manly" colors :wink.

One has requested Red, Black & White. While the other has asked for either Black, Royal Blue & White or Black, Gray & White.

The one I am working on now looks like its gonna be huge 58" wide x probably 70" long so it may be a while before I start another. I'm not very good at working on two things at once. If I start something else, I seem to never get the other one done. So they may need to wait a while.... or I may just make them both a throw size one for Christmas (hey, I may be able to get them both done plus the main one). Considering we have our house up for sale, are looking at new homes, have to pack. etc., etc. 3 crocheted gifts for Christmas this year may be all I can handle.

Marie

lol...isn't it funny how you think the pay no attention to it...then all of a sudden admit they like it and want one for themselves..:lol Good luck with all your afghans and selling your house!!!

I am working on 3 ripples right now.

One is AggieMay's RR, another is a regular ripple in a baby blanket size, and the 3rd is a queen sized ripple for my bed.I am now calling the last one a Monster Ripple as it will be Huge, LOL.

RR is being made with RH baby econo, Baby Ripple is being made with RH soft baby, and my Monster Ripple Im using Pound of Love.

I don't think I posted my finished pics of the 9 point RR I was working on. I used my pink and yellow scrap yarns to make it and it turned out huge. I made it for my friends 20 month old baby girl Lailey. Okay here are the pics:

ScrapRipple1.jpg

here is Lailey with her RR you can see that it is pretty big:

LaileyRR1.jpg

I finally got her to look at me and stand still for this one:

LaileyRR4.jpg

and I just had to add this one in:

LaileyRR6.jpg

I posted this in the Babies and Children Show and Tell but I also thought about adding it here to. It is 57" across and 37 rows made with a I hook. Lailey would not let anyone take it from her and if you tried she would say "No!" or "Stop!" and b/c it's so big she has to drag it lol. Now my god daughter's Lucy(4) wants one in purple, Sierra(7) wants one in pink and Carissa(14) wants a rainbow colored one so I guess I got my hands full lol. Lucy get's hers first b/c her 5th birthday is next month and it will be huge lol.

as for working on more than one at a time!

having hip surgery thursday and i wanted plenty to keep me busy during the "mend"...ha ha

3 rr wips:

th_IMG_0104.jpg

th_IMG_0102.jpg

th_IMG_0097.jpg

and a "easy ripple" wip:

th_IMG_0098.jpg

Hi, I was wondering if it's okay to jump in and join. I have started a ripple for my 9-year-old nephew. It's in orange and blue (he wanted to match his bedroom). I have about 18 rows done. I'll post a pic in the next couple of days. Also, I love this harlequin. Could you tell me where you got the pattern?

Wow all these are beautiful ripples! Now that I finished my simple squares I get to come back to my ripple! :clap Hopefully will get a few more rows done and be able to post a new pic soon!

welcome...can't wait to see a pic. The original pattern I got off of a Caron simply soft leaflet...I have modified it a little bit to my liking....but it is basically that pattern. I think I got it at wal-mart!

Thank you, I'll go looking for it.

K,I'm back ,, Here's progress just over a week,,

th_100_1314.jpg

Should click

I couldn't figure out how everyone is changing colors and working in the ends at the same time,,,

Archived