Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

Paton Ripple

Not much crocheting (or anything for that matter) going on around here this past week. We've been battling the latest virus/cold going around and is it ever a whopper.

Nonetheless some :crocheting happens! ;)

I needed some immediate gratification last night and stitched up Beverly Button's Fire Blossom Dishcloth (sans shell edging b/c I ran out of :yarn).

Now, I need to figure out how to load up an image directly. Maybe my photo was too big......

:cheervery pretty...keep up the great work and hope every 1 feels better!!! We had it hear to...mine started New Years eve and I still have a cough lingering...def a "super" virus!!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<waves to friends>

I love it Janet!

Sherilynn - that is lovely - what colors did you use?

I started 1, and needed to put it down to finish a baby bearghan for another pregnant teacher.

BUT I fear Im going to ruin my stash busting score and buy yarn for a colorful 6-12-24 star ripple soon.

Here's an update pic on my soft waves ripple...Just saw the christmas all year Cal. and this could be my 1st completed for both this and that Cal...which I think is ok right??? Not exactly sure ablout the Cal rules...lol!

Anyway, here it is...

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg150/bk101495/rippleafghan003.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg150/bk101495/rippleafghan004.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg150/bk101495/rippleafghan001.jpg

Hope all are well...Happy crocheting:yay:yay

I will try to get a picture of my progress posted tomorrow; today I probably won't have time. I got a little more done on it last night - less than a row, but it's something. I'm getting excited watching how it's turning out!

Easy Ripple finished--finally!!!

It kept getting wider-operator error on my part,, had to frog most of the last red/black and redo tighter:( I've never done a 2 strand before-I sure like it.

DH says it looks like tire tracks:lol

It's 51/2' x 56"

<a href=th_100_1304.jpg' alt='th_100_1304.jpg'>

Wildcat I can't wait to see this with the greens,, Want to see your sons camo afghan,too!

<waves to friends>

Sherilynn - that is lovely - what colors did you use?

Thank you, I'm using Paton's Decor Tapestry Variegated.

:yay for your finished ripple, nss!!! I love red!

Rippleaddiction your waves are coming along so nicely. I like your colors.

Auntbubbles, I love your RR!

:cheer

That should really please my oldest son. He's 16 and crazy about trucks and cars. He bought a 70's pickup (in top shape) but has to wait to :drive it till he get's his full licence in April.

Got an email yesterday to tell me that part of the :yarn order was shipped but the camo yarn is temporarily out of stock and will be shipped as soon as possible.:bang They should have let me know that when I placed the order.:rant

I love your finished afghan. :cheerWhat size is it? I like the look of using 2 different colors at the same time. Guess I'll have to pick a fairly bright green to make it contrast well with the black.

Easy Ripple finished--finally!!!

It kept getting wider-operator error on my part,, had to frog most of the last red/black and redo tighter:( I've never done a 2 strand before-I sure like it.

It's 51/2' x 56"

p><p>Wildcat I can

:clap:clap Beautiful!!! :clap:clap

Sherilynn--love your Ripple,,sorry everyone is so sick--we need spring to get here. Thanks,, I love red,too!

Aunt Bubbles-love the RR

Rippleaddiction - That is SO nice,,love the colors

CyM-- looking forward to seeing yours.

isserlie--I'll look for your bear afghan

Wildcat--this one is 51/2' x 56" I just knew I wanted it about that big so I did a foot of the red then did the black and grey in blocks that were about a foot total then just did the rest from that,,DH helped plan it.

So are there 2 green and camo afghans for your boys or one??

How cool he already has a great truck. What's also fun about this red afghan and it looking like tire tracks is that it's going to a guy we know that builds hot rods.

So are there 2 green and camo afghans for your boys or one??

I think my post was a bit confusing. There will be 2 afghans. 1 camo for my youngest and one like yours in green for my oldest son.

Now if only my yarn arrived soon so I can get started.

I love to see all the progress pictures here. They are all so beautiful. :cheer

Happy :crocheting everyone.

Wildkat,, I thoought I had read an afghan for each boy. On the quickie ripple I made a huge mistake and had to live with it all the way through. I think the pattern had said to go through both loops at the top of the point,,,,I only did the back loop all the way. It would have been more distinctive had I known how to read a pattern:lol,,, check it out and see which way you like it. Pesky back order !!

:rantI am out of yarn AGAIN!!! That RH Bay Print is very popular around here. Bought 2 skeins originally (before I knew what I was going to do with it), started the afghan, ran out, had to wait until it was back in stock...bought the only 2 skeins I could find, ran out today, went to get more and what do ya know....OUT OF STOCK!!!:bang

So, It looks like I will be working on something else tonight....may start another afghan...whichs means I will now have 4 in the works...I think that is a record for me....hope I have the ambition to finish them all!

well, it's done!!:cheer:cheer

i tried putting "edging", but it just ended up looking better without it...i'm not as experienced as most of u! ha ha But i do like my colors

th_IMG_0073.jpg

th_IMG_0072.jpg

nss I read the pattern. Doesn't look like you made a mistake. From row 2 on everything is worked in back loop only. The picture of the pattern also shows that it's ridged. So I'm pretty sure it was worked in back loops. I did practice on a similar pattern that was also worked in back loop only. It's here (just scroll down): http://crochetliving.blogspot.com/2007/09/heres-one-for-menfolk.html . But I will make samples with backloop only and both loops and see which one he likes better. I saw a couple nice greens. One was Bernat Super Value and the other TLC essentials. Are these good brands?

rippleadiction I know it must be frustrating to run out of yarn again, but at least this way you'll still be here when I get going on mine and I need some advice (sorry I'm selfish :embar). Nothing wrong with starting a 4th one.

dwiggicb Yay onother one is finished. :cheer It's beautiful. What kind of multicolor yarn did you use? And those puppies are sooooooo adorable.

OOOOH! I want to be in please! :clap I am in the middle of another ripple right now.

Here are some pics. I am using pattern#71 American School Of Needlework , 101 Ripple Stitches to knit and crochet. By Jean Leinhauser.

Not sure if I like the color combo now, but I'm too far into it to change now. lol.

img0913yn5.jpg

img0942rl3.jpg

img0943ji0.jpg

OOOOH! I want to be in please! :clap I am in the middle of another ripple right now.

Here are some pics. I am using pattern#71 American School Of Needlework , 101 Ripple Stitches to knit and crochet. By Jean Leinhauser.

Not sure if I like the color combo now, but I'm too far into it to change now. lol.

img0913yn5.jpg

img0942rl3.jpg

img0943ji0.jpg

Very Pretty...I like the colors...we would love for you to join us.

nss...the multicolor yarn is Gemstone

yep, puppies eyes are open now (they will be 3 weeks old Saturday)

AND....i live in North Carolina so it's a little more than a "hop, skip, and jump" from you!! ha ha

wish u did live closer...already sold 2 of them

rippleaddiction....mine was from the 200 ripple stitch book and there is one in that book that looks very similar to urs.....is it very difficult? it is VERY pretty and YES i do like the colors:clap

Archived