Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

NSS, mine is about 36 inches wide (i tend to make more of lapghans rather than full afghans, because i get "burnt out" too easily working on the same thing FOREVER!) ha ha

thanks for the compliments:c9

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Everyone:)

Here is a picture of my progress so far. It is for my neice and I have another one to make just like it. She picked out her own colors. This is the first time I have posted a picture. And I hate to admit it but it took me forever to figure it out. Now I hope to share many.

RippleAfghan.jpg?t=1201663736

I am using TLC Essentials. She Chose dark brown, taupe, dark green, lgt. green, brownberry and surf & turf. It is 51" wide.

I so enjoy seeing everyones pictures and progress....the yarn, colors and patterns that everyone has chosen. Each ripple is so unique.

:crochetingHappy Rippling:crocheting

:manyheart

KathyWho

Please ignore the date on picture...was wrong on camera.

I love it...very pretty!!

Cynthia - your soft waves look lovely!

My afghan is only 36" wide, too. It was supposed to be 40" -- live and learn. So,I guess it will be something between a lapghan and an afghan......I think I'll call it a cuddleghan. ;)

KathyWho - love how that blue jumps out.

Hello Fellow Ripplers:)

:confused:shrugThis afghan wasn't planned at 51".:confused:shrug It was supposed to be the size of a throw like 36":yes. I make the chain:hook and it begins at 36" then I begin to crochet:crocheting:crocheting....with each row it begins to grow and grow in width:oops:ohdear and it takes on a life of its own:think:eek. I never know:huh how wide one of mine is going to end up:scared.

Does any one have this happen to them:?:?:?

Think I will make this one for my neice's husband and make my neice one at 36"-40". If I can find a way to keep it from growing on me:D:2blush

KathyWho

I hardly ever try to estimate the width of mine...probably for that reason!!! I used to make all "throw" sizes mainly because if I worked on something to long I got bored with it, but now that I have made some full size afghans, I'll go back and forth depending on what I am making, what colors I'm using and if I am making it for anyone in paticular!!!

Not that any of that really helps you, sorry, just thought I would add my 2 cents...lol...

It is really pretty though, no matter what size it ends up!

I've had that happen on some projects. I forget what it was but it was a small project hat grew by several inches after a few rows. I guess that's a good reason to do a real gauge swatch (instead of my 1" by 2 row things).

when u make a ripple ghan, do u normally make a border on the sides or not? the top and bottom ends look nice as they are, but those sides????

let me know what u think, please.

I finally started my 1st ripple afghan tonight. I had a false start, got to the end of the first row and realized I had the wrong #of chains, so frogged it and started over. I only did 4 rows before I put it down, but I like it. I don't know why I have put off making one!

Anyway, I hope to learn how to post pictures soon, and when I do I will start showing my projects!

when u make a ripple ghan, do u normally make a border on the sides or not? the top and bottom ends look nice as they are, but those sides????

I don't mess with a border. It might look nice, but my edges are relatively straight (straight enough, anyway ;)).

if anything I just will do a row of sc up each side. covers the ends of the rows and finishes it off.

rippleaddiction:hook

I have not had the pleasure of doing a round ripple yet so as to the size I have no suggestion but I really like the colors you chose it looks lovely.:yes What kind of yarn did you use and what colors did you choose?

KathyWho

I always do a rsc (reverse single crochet) on the sides of my afghans unless I am doing a more decorative edge. This was suggested instead of a regular sc because it holds its shape better. I have used a rsc for some time now for my edges and found this to be true. It is a fun stitch to do.:crocheting

KathyWho

rippleaddiction:hook

I have not had the pleasure of doing a round ripple yet so as to the size I have no suggestion but I really like the colors you chose it looks lovely.:yes What kind of yarn did you use and what colors did you choose?

KathyWho

Thank you sooo much! I'm using Caron-Claret and Cream and Red Heart-Coffee and Cafe. Had a hard time deciding which order to do them in but I like the outcome so far. RR is def. addictive...works up quick! Thanks again. Will post more pics when I get some more work done on it!

For all the wonderful compliments...I think I will repeat the colors one more time, and then try to figure out what kind of border to put on it! Thanx again everyone, it's so nice to be able to share with people who have the same interest...or sickness...lol, either way Thanx!

I would love to join this cal. I'm going to make an afghan for my youngest son. He wants it in camo and I'm using black and beige for contrast. I wasn't able to get enough of the camo here so I placed a :yarn order online yesterday. Hopefully it will be here before you guys are done your projects.

I'm new to crocheting, new to this forum and this is going to be my first project. I know it's a bit big for a first but I picked Susan B's Easy Ripple Afghan pattern. I've been busy doing swatches with different patterns before I picked it.

I love seeing the progress pictures. They are all so beautiful. If mine is half as nice I'll be happy.

nss I showed my oldest son your afghan and he loved it (just prefers it in green). What kind of yarn are you using and what size hook for the 2 strands? When I finish the camo I think I would like to try that one.

I would love to join this cal. I'm going to make an afghan for my youngest son. He wants it in camo and I'm using black and beige for contrast. I wasn't able to get enough of the camo here so I placed a :yarn order online yesterday. Hopefully it will be here before you guys are done your projects.

I'm new to crocheting, new to this forum and this is going to be my first project. I know it's a bit big for a first but I picked Susan B's Easy Ripple Afghan pattern. I've been busy doing swatches with different patterns before I picked it.

I love seeing the progress pictures. They are all so beautiful. If mine is half as nice I'll be happy.

nss I showed my oldest son your afghan and he loved it (just prefers it in green). What kind of yarn are you using and what size hook for the 2 strands? When I finish the camo I think I would like to try that one.

Here's the pattern I used,WildKat

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17132&highlight=Quickie+Ripple

Your sons plan for the greens and camo is going to be a beauty!! My friend had given me 6 skeins of red heart cherry is why it has so much red. I kinda like it,, It's done now, just gotta get picts and get it posted. Thanks so much

Here's the pattern I used,WildKat

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17132&highlight=Quickie+Ripple

Your sons plan for the greens and camo is going to be a beauty!! My friend had given me 6 skeins of red heart cherry is why it has so much red. I kinda like it,, It's done now, just gotta get picts and get it posted. Thanks so much

:ty for the pattern. I love the colors on yours. They're perfect and I'm looking forward to the pictures. My oldest son wants it in green because that's his favorite color. I'll probably do this one for him once the camo afghan for my other son is done. Hopefully I'll get the :yarn soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22650791@N05/2242787778/

Not much crocheting (or anything for that matter) going on around here this past week. We've been battling the latest virus/cold going around and is it ever a whopper.

Nonetheless some :crocheting happens! ;)

I needed some immediate gratification last night and stitched up Beverly Button's Fire Blossom Dishcloth (sans shell edging b/c I ran out of :yarn).

Now, I need to figure out how to load up an image directly. Maybe my photo was too big......

Archived