Which charities do you crochet for?

I just go into the Charities section of this site. There are a lot of charities listed there along with links to the various sites. But I have to say that the Pine Ridge Project, and the ones for our troops are my primaries at this time of the year.

Excellent question. I'm always on the look for new places to donate my work. Now I do pieces for the links in my signature.

CareWear is great for finding hospitals that need babies/preemies items.

The Crochetville Charity Forum is also one of my favorite places to visit in here. I check it often for ideas.

Hi,

We crocheters have many charities to donate to. Young and old alike need what we can produce.

My favorite charity is CareWear Volunteers of America. The addy is in my signature. If you join them, they send you a quarterly newsletter, which has many articles, letters, pictures and other things about the people in the organization, plus listings of hospitals and other places that need donations.

Some items generally needed are preemie hats, booties, blankets, and burial gowns.

Places all around the country can use your handmade items. It is worth checking out.

check on it in my signature to get started. It's great to donate!

:manyheart

i do all mine for heavenly angels in need, their website is heavenlyangelsinneed.com, and for now i lay me down to sleep.. both provide outfits for parents to bury their babies in, and for preemies going home from the hospital.

I crochet for Oakland Children's Hospital. They were the NICU that my son was flown to when he was born with a very rare disorder. This Christmas, with help of people here at the Ville, I was able to bring 45 afghans to the NICU for the babies there over the holiday.

I'm always collecting donations if anyone is interested. You can read more about the hospital and the people who helped me by clicking here:

http://crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59881

I do a lot of blankets for Project Linus. My LYS has a drop-off right there in the store -- A perfect excuse to go there and browse at the same time. They also collect baby things for our local Manchester Hospital. I've also knitted scarves for the World War II Museum, which they distribute to veterans:

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/education/faq.html

• 2 months later...

Due to a baby/wedding boom with friends, I haven't had a chance to really do any charity stuff. But I did commit to providing squares to Sissy for lapghans for seniors. She committed to making 100 for members of a senior center for Christmas.

I make burial gowns for the local NICU. I am doing several square swaps on ****** to make lapghans for the local hospice house. And of course, like us all, making afghans for those we know that need a "hug."

Debbie

uwcheese

I also belong to a church group who donates finished projects to Catholic Charities to give to clients. I make a lot of nice, warm hats to donate.

I like hats because they are pretty fast to make, they are also well received. In this northern Illinois climate, they are well-appreciated. I have actually seen people wearing my hats around town and that makes me feel good.

I like to give to charities. It helps me grow as a person.

:manyheart

I go to the the charity section here in the 'ville. Right now I am making baby hats for the March

Charity Blitz, lapghan for sissie44, blankets for Denver General that TMKA is sponsoring, next month on the Blitz is Spot's month, and I make Furryghans for my local humane society.

Also I am always making a square here and there as the need arise.

here's the link where all the charity needs are posted

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

In January, I began to hunt for charities in need of items. On another forum that I belong to, someone made the suggestion to me to donate to WUA and The Snuggles Project. So, those are my very first charities that I have donated to. Then in February, I stumbled across Crochetville and have become actively involved in the charities posted and hosted by members here. So now I am crocheting squares for Prayer Afghan Ministry, Hooking for a Cure, HAP, squares for Sissie who is making lapghans for seniors in a long term care facility and for those who post the need of squares for comfortghans. I am also crocheting squares for the babies in Denver General which is being hosted by TMKA. I have also made several squares (that I committed to) for you Esther for your charity, which I will get mailed on Tuesday.

So,for the time being and as long as the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, all of my charity work will be committed to those in need here at Crochetville. :hug:manyheart

I totally forgot about this thread. Now that I've started my own charitable organization, most of my time and effort is going to making squares and setting up contacts. A dear friend's mom has recently entered our local hospice house, so I'm trying to finish a prayer shawl for her as quickly as I am able.

I crochet awareness pins for breast cancer awareness (lost my mom to breast cancer) and for Alzheimer's awareness (I work with the elderly).

I'm currently crocheting an afghan that will be sold (drawn on) for tickets to be won and the monies collected will be given to a local traumatized therapy home for children (Harmony Home).

• 2 weeks later...

I make caps for the local hospital's NICU; both my kids were NICU babies and it's dear to my heart. I make caps for school children through the local Caps for Kids. I do dishcloths and such for a domestic violence shelter where women & their children are about to leave to start over again.

I crochet (as does my Mom to help me out) 12" squares and send them to our very own, Victoria, who I met in another group and didn't know she was a member here, too. She puts the squares together for afghans for foster kids.

It's a charity close to my heart because my youngest 2 are adopted, when they had been foster kids, and in 4 different homes at the ages of 4 and 5 year old. They are 10 and 12 now and thriving beautifully and our 15 year old biological is a great big brother, he was 9 when we adopted his siblings.

My little ones came with nothing to call their own, so I worked very hard at crocheting them blankets and toys and shawls for my daughter.

Sorry to ramble on, but I get emotional when I think of the "condition" my little ones were when they came to us. I love knowing I am a part of someone else's life, when they need to know they are loved and cared about!

I've made baby items for our local hospital's maternity ward. I checked first to see if they would be interested in donated hand-made items, and they were grateful, and gladly accepted any donations.

Archived