2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I finished my 2nd doll and 2nd tortoise. Used 1 ball and rolled a skein to a ball (+2). I'm not sure what to make now :think. I have lots of brown (3 or 4 shades) and 2 pinks. Maybe some teddy bears or an afghan :think.

Score: + 2

Ellie 13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I started a big rebound from the other week's -33...

Last week, I used a bunch on a baby blanket, shopping bag and a dishcloth, and returned one skein of baby yarn... Total for 3/9-3/15= 10pts

So far this week... +2 by using up a skein of sport yarn (part of that -33) on squares for a sweater I'm "designing"/"making up". :crocheting:crocheting

Might not get back to post this week's final tally, but I'm keeping up everything. I swear, as soon as I get a spreadsheet for my points, the computer's power cord dies and I'm back to doing it all on paper... :angry

Have used 4 skeins on the new blankie so far... helped that the puter finally died and I couldn't sit here :crocheting Fixed that tho, Office Depot was having a good sale :lol Might I mention, I don't think I like windows Vista?!?!!!!! :yuck

Finished up with a friendship hat that I started on Sunday, also doing Cancer squares so between all of that this week I am sitting at +9

Hoping the week gets better ;)

Might I mention, I don't think I like windows Vista?!?!!!!! :yuck

I've heard that from quite a few others. I'm starting to look at a new system and thinking I will get one with either dual boot or the windows XP download option. :D

I won an auction for a dozen skeins of yarn on ebay :clap and it arrived on Monday (-24 :P ). It included one RH soft (never tried this before), two Caron ss, one Lion Brand wool, one Lion brand woolease (which I think will become a one skein scarf) and seven Vanna skeins (also which I have never tried). I think I may combine the Vanna yarns into an afghan - they are mostly different colors (except for three in linen which may become a scarf or stole for me). I'm looking forward to working my way through this stash. :D

I did use up two and a half skeins of cotton on potholders (+5). I hope to get more done this week to get me back to positives :lol

Ok, so I sent out 5 more skeins, sorry :heehee

AND... honestly not trying to help me or hurt any of you... but I have 5 bags of caron mill ends that are looking for a home.... anyone interested in them?? For charity work, or any other work for that matter... they just need to leave.. let me know!Look here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74030

Ok, with that said... going to see if dinner's done :D

OH, I was SOOO ogling the mill ends.. they were CALLING ME like a siren's song. I was justifying buying them for using in an afghan for BIL and his soon-to-be-wife... but at the last minute, my finger clicked the little "X" in the corner and the spell was broken... WHEW! :whew that was a close one.

I've used another skein of yarn on dishcloths.

That puts me at +20

BUT.......I went to Hobby Lobby to get the rest of the Susan Bates Bamboo hooks to complete my collection since they were 40% off, and made the mistake of walking past the clearance aisle. They had 2 colors of Sugar 'N Cream yarn for .89 a skein, so I got 11 skeins. Then I used my 40% off coupon for a cone of Sugar 'N Cream.

So, +20, take off the 12 skeins (-24), and I am now at -4.

Archived