2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all did have a terrific week. Even a -4 really isn't a "Shoot the Moon", compared to other weeks. Terrific job, everyone!

Now, can we keep it up?

:manyheart

Near the end of a yard sale I got 3 afghans. 1 large, 1 baby and 1 doll/premie all for $5 :clap. Then they offered me 3 slightly used skeins of :yarn FREE, with how little I spent on the afghans, how could I say no :sigh (- 6). Maybe I'll "shoot the moon" this week :lol.

WTD Score: - 6

Ellie 13

I gave 13 skeins away this morning at church so I'm already +23 for this week!!! SO I'm back in the positives, Yay! :yay:yay:yay

I was also good this afternoon at the local flea market...I saw a box of yarn....25 cents a piece....and I bought Nothing! :)

Well, my mom came home from my grams's house today with a bag of yarn - all for me. 3 skeins in total, so I get to start the week at -6.

A silver :eek now I'll go from Silver to shoot the moon probably :lol

I'm starting with busting 2 skeins +4 but tomorrow I'll count that yarn and all will be lost I have a feeling :lol

Ok I went ahead and got my counting over with :lol I've got 15 skeins and 2 balls of yarn between the thrift store and the yard sale so that's -32 with my +4 = -28 to start my week.

Hmmmm what can I work on this week to use up yarn. :think

Bought some yarn to finish up a pair of socks. So that's -2 to start the week. But I'm almost done with a skein; the scarf that would not end is almost done, so perhaps I'll end the week at least even? :lol

I came out even last week so I didn't post my score. I started this week in the hole - Walmart had a sale on RHSS, and I got 7 skeins to make a travelghan for my granddaughter. -14! Ugh!! And I won't have much time to use any of it this week. Double ugh!!

I resisted the 2.00 RH at Wal-mart This Time :lol but I did get 4 skeins of baby yarn on clearance. :( but I finished up a skein on the spiral ghan so only -6 to add to my score. :D Which is now -33 WTD :sigh

Hubby called me a little bit ago and said the yarn gods knew it was my birthday today. The Big Brown Truck delivered a 15 pound box of yarn on our front door step. Last week's score was zero. Guess this week's won't be zero again. lol

Happy Birthday!! :birthday

Hubby called me a little bit ago and said the yarn gods knew it was my birthday today. The Big Brown Truck delivered a 15 pound box of yarn on our front door step. Last week's score was zero. Guess this week's won't be zero again. lol

Happy Belated Birthday Jana!!

I used up two balls last night finishing the hexagons for a scarf. I tried to get them stitched together, but couldn't managed it properly and had to put them down. Off to finish them and a hat. Hopefully, I get some more done!!

Bought two of the 7oz Vanna baby skeins today to make a baby blankie on a road trip I'm leaving for tomorrow morning. I have some more balls that I will try to bust this evening and will post my wekk-end number before I leave tomorrow since I probably won't be back til late Saturday evening.

I finished a scarf last night which used half of 2 skeins - +2.

However, I also visited e-Bay and bid on (and won) some beautiful alpaca and mohair yarn. If it is delivered before Saturday, that will be an additional -4.

So my week so far is -12 with a possiblity of -16. :eek Gotta get working!!

:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Archived