2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

+30 jeannie1205 GOLD MEDAL!!!

+12 DreamsOfYarn SILVER MEDAL!!!

+11 Walker1021 BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+10 basjordan

+6 Jenny Bunny

+5 Ellie13

+5 appy lover

+2 CLLinda

+2 Mollyanna

+1 Marzee

0 KellyA

-3 dragonpuck

-8 econ-nerd (as of 10-07)

-38 hseger

-58 Tia SHOOT THE MOON!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmm......not very good at this game am I?

Don't worry, we all fall of the wagon at least once. I know I do :yes

I would like to join this game. My husband is always telling me to use the yarn I have before buying more! So this game would help me destash. Which would make him happy!

Welcome to the group :D

Michael's has the Vanna and Vanna Baby on sale for $2 a skein. Snuck out and got 6. But I picked up Oberwies Ice Cream on the way home, So I guess I'm not that bad.:lol

-12 for the week, and it's only Sunday.

:manyheart

Wal-Mart Got me again, but not too bad. I bought 5 skeins, but 3 of them are not for me. I am making a crochet kit (yarn, a set of hooks, and a how-to book) for my step daughter. I'll mail it this week so those won't count against me by the end of the week. I may also include some other stuff in what I sent to her. She was telling my over the summer that when she worked on the stuff we were teaching her last year it helped her concentrate in school because her hands were busy. She said her teacher suggested she continue to bring it to school.

I did get 2 skeins of the new simply soft eco a project. I am already half done with that, so I may finish in the positives this week after all.

Currently -10 WTD, -120 ytd

So, I'm back in the game after a 7 month hiatus of dramatic proportions. I've lost an insane amount of yarn (about 95%) of my stash due to moving woes. However, I am stocking up doing some work for craft shows and Holiday crocheting.

So, I'm going to start over at 0 for 2008, because I have no clue how much I have or acquired or whatever.

So, I'm back in the game after a 7 month hiatus of dramatic proportions. I've lost an insane amount of yarn (about 95%) of my stash due to moving woes. However, I am stocking up doing some work for craft shows and Holiday crocheting.

So, I'm going to start over at 0 for 2008, because I have no clue how much I have or acquired or whatever.

Glad to have you back. Missed ya :yes

I haven't been in since the 8th and then library was closed all weekend. But it's now open on Sundays from Oct. to May :clap (only 3 hours though :() so I can check in more often. I used 1 ball and 1 skein (+3) :yay, but I didn't get to post, so I'll add it to this week. I went to Micheals to get googlie eyes for my spiders, ghosts and pumpkins and didn't get any :yarn:cheer. I may have to get some blue for an afghan though. A co-worker wants a baby afghan in blues and I don't think I have enough. I'll wait until next week.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

:cheer I made gold....but paying it for it dearly with major shoulder/arm pain :eek

Received 2 skeins of yarn from swap partner and used 2 skeins of RH supersaver on a shawl which leaves me pretty even at

WTD = 0 YTD = +277

I finished off 2 more skeins this morning on my spiral ghan :yay so another +4 putting me up to +10 for the week and no plans to go shopping for yarn :cheer

Now I'm going to get out some small skeins and make some quick things to try to use up more yarn. I really want to get above -300 this week but I doubt that will happen so just as close to that as I can get will make me happy :lol

Archived