2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just discovered it too....a 3SUB stands for 3 Strand Ugly Blanket. I saw a pic of someone's and had to try it. But I won't be doing another one. They really are ugly. You are supposed to pick three random colors and when one runs out pick another one at random. I didn't exactly pick at random, but had so many different colored scraps, it still came out ugly. I used a P hook and dc's.

However, I love the idea of one...they go FAST, use up lots of yarn in no time and make very thick and squishy afghans. I'm already at +22 for the week. I will be doing more 3 strands, but in a few coordinating colors. My next one is already planned: blues and white.

I backtracked just a little today. Not supposed to buy yarn, but this was on Clearance at Wally World. A big cone of Peaches and Cream For $5.

So I brought it in and hid it. He won't notice just one.

So I am at a -2 this week. Sure hope I get some crocheting done at my group tomorrow. Haven't picked up a hook all week.

:manyheart

I went to a thrift store today and found lots of yarn but only bought one bag of mercerised cotton 8 balls and 3 full skeins for only .69 :eek so of course had to get it since I've wanted to make a few things with that kind of yarn and can't afford those little skeins :lol so another -14 making me a total of -30 for the week :eek

I might just have to start making my goal getting the bad award every week :lol I just can't seem to get away from clearance stuff no matter how I try. :rolleyes

I made a dishcloth and used up a skein of yellow varigated cotton. So I'm at a 0 for the week. I sure hope I get some time to crochet and get another one used up.

I was working on daisy square #3 and looked at all the bright yellow (center color) I had left on the small ball and thought, "I sure would like to get at least one point this week." So I used up that small ball making four daisy centers. I'm committed now! :lol Finished #3 (one small misstitch) and am now working on a black one. They are still a challenge for me, alas.

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: 0

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

Okay I started out today at +38, I mailed off some yarn, +28 which equals +66. THEN my huge yarn order came :eek, -124 which brings me to -58.

I don't think I'll get to do much crocheting, if any, by tomorrow night...got company coming. We'll see.

:blush

On Sunday I was at +8. Wednesday I bought a big skein of yarn which took me to +6. I made 2 2 strand scarves and used 2 partial skeins which took me back to +8. I am now making a 2 strand ghan and have busted through 2 skeins, so that puts me at +12

posting early. Going to the Columbus Day dinner at Church. All kinds of good Italian Food. Yum Yum.

So I only crocheted a little this week.

WTD =+2

I'll try to do better next week.

Archived