2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can I just say that I totally messed up my score at some point and it just took me an hour scouring threads to figure out where I was!

Its probably still not right but I am keeping track in a spreadsheet now. :sigh

I did not get my score in before midnight last night due to severe weather in my area, but I ended the week at:

(05/31) WTD +12

Hopefully, next week the weather will not be against me. But I probably won't get much done anyway since we have VBS all week.

I can crochet! I can crochet! The way I hold my yarn on my left hand doesn't even go near the cut on the tip of my finger. So I am taking my project and going to crochet outside. It's a beautiful day!

:cheerI am so happy. I am working on a project for my mom and thought I would have to not crochet for a while. But I tried it and I am fine.

So off I go.

:manyheart

I do not quite understand this. I know you get points for using them up. But do you start out with so many points or what. I would like to join. I want to bash my stash. But do not know how it works.

Salli

Salli - You get negative points for buying and receiving yarn, you get positive points for selling, using or giving away yarn. A ball is one point, a full skein is two points. You don't count what's in your stash, you start at zero. The goal is to be the one to use up the most yarn in a week, so you get the highest positive score (WTD = Week To Date, or weekly score). Most people keep track of the sum of their weekly scores to keep a running tally of whether they've used more yarn or bought more yarn since starting (YTD = Year To Date). The YTD score is for your own purposes, not part of the competition.

I hope this helps - feel free to ask more questions!

Sorry for being late, got company and never got back here til now,

Sahm2gbl, ldyer, and rstultz, So sorry about your late posting, but I have to stick to the rules, since there was an issue about this earlier, just remember to start next week with those numbers to insure your yearly totals do not get messed up. ;)

Jenny Bunny +125 GOLD MEDAL

DreamsofYarn +26 SILVER MEDAL

Legalwoman17 +17 BRONZE MEDAL

Nght +14

hseger +12

Yarncat +10

Ellie13 +8

basjordan +8

Alwayscrafting +3

Krystal +3

raelynn +2

CLLinda +2

HappyOldCro +2

YarnMonkey +1

darski 0

2kute 0

lpgeorge123 0

walker1021 -2

itzhunic -6

EconNerd -24

Schmetterling -45 SHOOT THE MOON

Anyone who didn't make the list, start next week with your ending number for this week, it will all balance out for the year.

Newbies, or anyone who hasn't been here for awhile, the cut off for posting WTD scores is 12 midnight on Saturday, posted in big, colored digits please. Daily figures do NOT need to be highlighted that way. I go through the weeks scores since the previous listing and pick up the WTD in your post (not your siggy line). Making it Bigger than the regular text and colored makes it stand out and easier to find.

On another note, while company was here we made trip to Ollie's and picked up some TLC and Mainstay for 1.99 a skein. I will be starting next week with a -4 :P. I'd better get hooking to try and make that up. The TLC was a lovely lilac color and I was all out of it in worsted. The Mainstay (my DD got) was a light yellow. Also got some scrapbook stuff and some lace tablecloths, I had a 15% off total order coupon, so I was very happy with my bargains.

Well off to work on my wheelchair tote...

I'm off to a good start - went shopping this afternoon and bought 7 skeins of Bernat Satin Sport for a sweater pattern I am testing along with 2 skeins of other stuff for SP treats. -18 to start the week... :devil

I have to try and redeem myself after my Shoot the Moon award last time!

I never went to bed last night so I made use of the time and busted through 2 skeins.

Starting out the week with a +4 so far. :)

I can crochet! I can crochet! The way I hold my yarn on my left hand doesn't even go near the cut on the tip of my finger. So I am taking my project and going to crochet outside. It's a beautiful day!

:cheerI am so happy. I am working on a project for my mom and thought I would have to not crochet for a while. But I tried it and I am fine.

So off I go.

We are happy for you :clap:yay

I think I am actually going to finish a couple of balls and maybe even a skein this week. :faint

Some of my mill ends (which ran my score up to the moon and back) are smaller skeins and I have a CPK that needed a new suit. I'm actually going to finish a skein

:woo

:yay:crocheting:yay

Still haven't used any yarn or thread... still workin' on packing candle sets. DID throw away 37 misc. balls of yarn tho while cleaning the LR today. Still cringing from that, but they were GROSS! :lol

On another note, while company was here we made trip to Ollie's and picked up some TLC and Mainstay for 1.99 a skein. I will be starting next week with a -4 :P. I'd better get hooking to try and make that up. The TLC was a lovely lilac color and I was all out of it in worsted. The Mainstay (my DD got) was a light yellow. Also got some scrapbook stuff and some lace tablecloths, I had a 15% off total order coupon, so I was very happy with my bargains.

Oooh, Ollies has TLC for $1.99??? Might have to stop there... who am I kidding? It's 50 minutes away! I wonder if there's anything I need in that area? :think

Must. Resist. Ollies.

Must. Resist. Ollies.

Wow! I got the Gold Medal?

I'm already down -10; bought some sock yarn for a vacation project. I may not be around for a couple of weeks. I'm going on vacation and I'm hoping to relocate permanently. I'll let you all know what's what when I know for sure.

Still haven't used any yarn or thread... still workin' on packing candle sets. DID throw away 37 misc. balls of yarn tho while cleaning the LR today. Still cringing from that, but they were GROSS! :lol
:eek:eek:eek

Oooh, Ollies has TLC for $1.99??? Might have to stop there... who am I kidding? It's 50 minutes away! I wonder if there's anything I need in that area? :think

Must. Resist. Ollies.

Must. Resist. Ollies.

:laughroll You are a strong person if you can, It isn't so much resisting the yarn that is my problem, it's resisting the bargains. always concerned that I will need something I can't afford, so I grab them up when I can :yes:devil

Well, I finished up 2 skeins on the afghan, so I'm at +4 for now! Of course, there's always that trip to Walmart tomorrow where I need to buy more. :blush I don't think I'll ever make any more progress! I keep using it up and then buying, using it up and then buying! One of these days I will finish this afghan. I'm just dreading the order of 17 skeins of CSS Paints to use on this afghan. :eek There go the points... for what will seem like forever!! lol

Working on the sleeves of Mom's jacket tonight. I hope I have enough yarn. Wouldn't want to have to purchase a skein. That will start my count for the week.

I am going to do the trim around it in white, so if I run short on the sleeves, I can always break out the white yarn.

I want to have it finished by Friday, so I can mail it in the same box as my Dad's day gift to my dad.

Archived