Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:eek Wow!! You've really got a lot done :cheer Now you've inspired me to get re-started on mine :hook But, i gotta get a couple headbands made...I let a friend who is a licensed beautician color my hair and it doesn't look good. Can't do anything for at least a week or more until my scalp heals and my hair gets better. (we did 2 treatments and I did 1 treatment to try to get the color better, but no luck :blush) so now I look goofy.

yeah!!! I worked more on my farout ghan last nite and finished 28 2rnds, and 2 4rnds, and 1 8rnd!!! I cannot wait to be able to start sewing this baby togather!

I love this group and reading about and seeing all of your 'groovy' work, especially the babette afghans! When I get going and pick colors, I think I want to make one for a bedspread for our room. If and when I do, I'll be back to join you guys!

deb

My Babette blanket is all done now :clap I finished the border on it this morning. I am not 100% happy with the final product though. It is a bit ripply and wonky but I still love the colors and the overall effect :manyheart My two round squares didn't fit in quite right. They seemed to be a bit big compared to the rest. I didn't block anything while I was making it so maybe that was the trouble... Oh well, it's done and I may just have to try a nap under it this afternoon (just to test it out :yes )

th_DSC07836.jpg

Great job, Karen! The colors on the border are perfect.

...and sometimes when I see I;m getting a wavy border I decrease as I need to and it helps.

Personally, I think the border being a little wonky goes with the whole 60's look of the ghan!

OK, you've done it! I can't resist joining this CAL anymore!!!!! I loved the Babette blanket when I saw it in Interweave Crochet, but couldn't imagine how long it would take me - low and behold, when I started looking at everyone's photos and colors...what an inspiration!! I started right then with all the random Simply Soft scraps I had lying around. I finished one BIG square and about half the two-round squares needed. Thanks for the inspiration, everyone - now let's hope I can finish this one!:manyheart

Well, I finally started working on my babette again yesterday. I did a couple of 2 round squares....had them on my coffee table...and while vacuuming around my coffee table this morning.....I sucked up two of them!!!! I thought about saving them....but there was just too much junk and dirt......so I chucked them! *LOL*....stupid me! :hook

Well, I finally started working on my babette again yesterday. I did a couple of 2 round squares....had them on my coffee table...and while vacuuming around my coffee table this morning.....I sucked up two of them!!!! I thought about saving them....but there was just too much junk and dirt......so I chucked them! *LOL*....stupid me! :hook

:lol lauging because it sounds like something I would do.:blush

In honor of National Crochet Month, I am going to make myself a lap-size version of the Babette in yellow, blue and soft white. I made a 12-rounder and some 4-rounders while watching Ty and Oprah last night. I have a new digital camera-hope I can figure out how to use it to post pics at some point.

In honor of National Crochet Month, I am going to make myself a lap-size version of the Babette in yellow, blue and soft white. I made a 12-rounder and some 4-rounders while watching Ty and Oprah last night. I have a new digital camera-hope I can figure out how to use it to post pics at some point.

That is going to be a pretty afghan!

I've put mine on hold for a while. Need to do something else for now. Plus working on the *Contest/Challenge* Hooking for a Cure *Contest* squares. But I will finish it. This is something that will be a great item to have.

Debbi

How is it going everyone!!? I've been taking it a little slower lately since I've started working full time again. Gasp! Not as much time to crochet! But I did finish all the two-rounds, both big squares, and I've done about a dozen four-rounds. I'm not looking forward to blocking all these, but it will be so pretty. I decided to use all Caron Simply Soft in various colors I had lying around from other projects: turquoise, vibrant purple, brown, tan, white, plum pink, medium blue, deep green, and navy. Not sure how it will look when finished, since it is such a hodgepodge of colors, but I'm sure I will love it.

I've been taking it ALOT slower...I haven't picked up my hook in over a month!!! WOW....that's long!! I have to get my butt into gear because I recently found out my neighbour is having her third child......so a baby blanket is next on my list of crocheting to do!!

:hook

Here is my Babette so far.

th_P1030073.jpgIm only using 7 colors and havent gone through a skein of any color yet. If I had known that before hand I would have just used all my scraps and used more colors. Oh well might do another later on.

I have been lucky. I sent an ebay question to a person that was selling the latest Magazine of the Interweave Crochet and asked if he had the Spring 06 issue. He had and so I bought it from him as well as the current issue Jan08. Im hoping I will have it in the next week or two.

That is awesome. I love the colors!

Here's a pic of the squares I've joined so far. I love working with this yarn but I'm not really into the rusts and golds that I picked for it....so it's going a little slow but the squares are fun to make!:manyheart

crochet003.jpg[/img]

I just noticed in the pic that on the small round squares the inner circles look off but that's because one of the rounds is a variagated yarn. It looks good up close...I promise.:blush

Kim

OOO. I love this one too!

I also have put this down for a while. I am making a wrap from Crochet magazine, and then i'm gonna get started back up on my babette. Just needed a break. So when you starting your's, bizzyboppers??? Its fun!!

Archived