Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using about ten colors and am mixing them up. So far I have not two squares that are the same. I think it just takes a bit more planning to keep them all different. I also do not have the pattern and am kind of winging it based on the pictures I have seen online of finished Babettes. I still have about half of the four rounds to do and most of the two rounders left to do. I write out all the colors that I am planning and then cross them off as I make them. For example with the four rounds I am doing a bunch with two rounds in one color and the last two in another color. I am also doing some with four different colors. If you take a few minutes to write down all you combinations it makes it easier. I also used short hand for the colors to save time.

Thanks! I think that I will do mine using a fewer amount of colors then. I was planning on using the pattern and just assigning some colors to other colors, but maybe I will just write them all out and work it that way instead.

I'm all done all the four round squares now and am on to the two rounds. I probably have about thirty or thirty five of those left to do. I'l work on them some this evening and hope to start joining next week. I've already warned the hubby that I'll be taking over a corner of the living room floor to spread the squares out on before I start to join. It may have been a mistake to wait til the end to join but it's happening that way now :lol

Phew....luckily, I didn't have to frog it all...like I had planned on doing. My problem was that I just needed to strettttcccccccccchhhhhhh out one square a bit longer!!

Here's my progress on sections 1 - 6....

th_004.jpg

I am working on panel 6. I'm wondering if instead of stretching if a few more squares could be added:think either changing the bottom part (in the left bottom) to add 4 more 2 round squares across the bottom or change it to 4 of the 4 round squares without any 2 round squares (like in panel 5 with the 4 of the 4 round squares togehter):think. This way it wouldn't have to be stretched so much... I'll find out when I get there. I'm working on the 8 round square, finishing crocheting it, then I can see where I'm at with panel 6.

Anyone else have that problem with panel 6?

Debbi

I'm a latecomer....but I've been captivated by the Babette blanket. It's just so fun and fresh and versatile. I have mondo stash to get through from Christmas, so I think that I will be doing one of these blankets. However, I can't start now...bogged down by UFO's and a promise to myself not to move on till they are done! Argh....

I will be keeping tabs on the progress of everyone though!

Keep up the good work!

I'm on panel seven.....12-2, 6-11 and 6-12 done! :clap:c9

Moving right along!:clap

I have part of panel 7 done, due to the fact that I was going to start there in the corner and changed my mind... but I don't have the 12 round one done. That is going to be a big one. Plus all those 10 round ones. But they are great to do while watching TV or listening to good music.

Debbi

I just did a 10 round one today...it is big! I have a lot of 4 rounds done, and started the 1st round of about 40 2 rounds, a couple 6's, and 1 8 round. Getting ready to do another groovy bag for my dd's friend!! I'll take a pic and show u all when its done.

We are soooo slow at work right now, so i've been taking my basket of :yarn with me and working on my babette...:crocheting

LOL.....Geesh....Seems I'm updating on my Babette with EVERY single square I add!!! LOL...

th_001.jpg

Looks GREAT!

Please update! I was going to with panel 5, but then was working on panel 6 so I didn't take a picture, then I put it aside... so no picture yet:lol.

Everyone's work is fantastic. Way to go.:yay:clap

Here is my Babette all done. I only did 8 panels as it was quite big enough.

th_P1030164.jpg

Absolutley beautiful!!!! I love it!! :cheer

I

Everyone's work is fantastic. Way to go.:yay:clap

Here is my Babette all done. I only did 8 panels as it was quite big enough.

th_P1030164.jpg

Absolutley beautiful!!!! I love it!! :cheer

I love the yellow....I wanted yellow in mine so bad but there was NO yellow at all!!!

My Babette is in the joining stage now. All of the squares are made (plus one extra two round :think ) I have laid the entire thing out on the living room floor so that I could make sure no edges had the same colors touching. I stitched together panel one and two. I have a little ways to go :lol I do need to move along with this baby since I can't really leave it on the floor for too long. It takes up too much space. I'll post pictures once it's done (or at least once the squares are joined - I need to decide on the border).

Archived