Groove-Along

JulieKay

Wow...You all have done a great job!! i need to get working on mine!! I just did the a 12 round (its really big!!)

Mine is supposed to be for a queen bed, but I may not make it so big...thats alot of joining...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen, can't wait to see it all together!

I have a question on the joining. I reread the pattern instructions on that part, and they suggested using one color to join all the squares. I've just been using the same color as the last round as the square I'm joining to the afghan. It's working for me. But just curious, what are you doing for the joining yarn color?

Debbi

If anyone is interested in buying the Babette pattern, it is for sale for $6.00 on the Knitting Daily website.

http://shop.interweave.com/store/Babette-Blanket-P235C0.aspx?src=KP080212&utm_source=BB-T5b&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=KP080212

I've been lurking here, thinking about doing some variation of this afghan. It's a WIM.

Karen, can't wait to see it all together!

I have a question on the joining. I reread the pattern instructions on that part, and they suggested using one color to join all the squares. I've just been using the same color as the last round as the square I'm joining to the afghan. It's working for me. But just curious, what are you doing for the joining yarn color?

Debbi

I left a tail at the end of each square and am using that to join. When the tail wasn't long enough I just grabbed a bit more from the stash of leftovers. There are so many colors in this baby that it doesn't matter what color is used to join (but that is my opinion :devil )

I have the first five sections done and am on to section six and more today. We got a snow day here so I am at home :clap :clap I do have some school work to do but I also have some extra crochet time :D

I haven't worked on mine since my last post. We've been blessed with a stomach bug. My son...then daughter and now husband have had it.........ssssshhhhhh...no one say anything....if you know what I mean!!

I haven't worked on mine for a while. I've been crocheting other things. I love it hought. I did work on it a little last weekend but haven't since. I would like to put together a few more squares before I take a picture, but maybe I'll take one anyway I haven't for a while. So this weekend I'll work on it and take a picture to post on Monday (I figure if I leave myself accountable I'll most likely do it).

Debbi

I've been lurking for awhile, admiring all your groovy projects. When the Babette pattern became available, I bought it and then waited for yarn inspiration. I found a great deal on Patons Shetland Chunky at Michaels and my decision was made. There are 7 colors. I've joined 4 rounds.

This is my first CAL and I'm excited to be a part of your groovy group!

th_013-1.jpg

Keri, your colors are nice. I started out with 10 colors, now I have graduated to 16 colors..."yarn inspiration" I have that every time I go into Walmart, or visit Joanns.com....:think I think thats why i have so many colors!! Didn't want to leave any out!!

So here is where I am at with my Babette:

th_DSC07800.jpg

All sewn together and now I need to make a decision about the border. I am looking for suggestions please :yes I was thinking of one round in dc with Caron Simply Soft in cream (off white) and then one round each of two other colors. Maybe light pink and green or med blue or... What do you all think?? I am posting this in the SKY CAL also for advice there.

Your afghan is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors!

th_DSC07800.jpg

All sewn together and now I need to make a decision about the border. I am looking for suggestions please :yes I was thinking of one round in dc with Caron Simply Soft in cream (off white) and then one round each of two other colors. Maybe light pink and green or med blue or... What do you all think?? I am posting this in the SKY CAL also for advice there.

Great afghan! :cheer

I didn't get to work on my this weekend. Had other things to do.

I couldn't decide on teh boarder either. I like the idea of the off white and then 2 colors. Since I didn't use off white... I don't know... I was thinking any that I have left that has enough on the skein:lol

Debbi

th_DSC07800.jpg

Beautiful Babette!!:clap I like your idea of the cream and then two other colors for the border. My suggestion (fwiw) is to make the last round the darkest color. To me it kinda finsishes off nicely. But that's just me. I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect :yes.

Ok - my boyfriend and me decided you should use the darker green, yellow, and the dark red/purply color (the outside color of the 10 round square in the lower left corner of your pic). These colors are not dominate in the majority of your squares, and would help set them off. The teal color, pink and cream would look good too. I like the colors you used - you did a great job. I need to get mine out again and join some of what I've done.

th_DSC07800.jpg

Very lovely!! :clap

I haven't been here for awhile.... But I have been working on my babette inspired afghan! I am doing mine with all scap yarn that I have so it has at least 30 colors in it! I also let a tail aon each square to use to sew togather. Mine is going to be pretty big. I am using 2 rnd, 4 rnd , and 8 rnd grannies and there will be a solid black motif in the middle of the ghan made with 2rnd and 4 rnd grannies. I'm not going to tell what the motif is... be will tell you it is way groovy! It will be suprize as to what it look like! Also... because I am using so many colors I don't dare start sewing them togather till I'm all done with the grannies cause I am afraid that I will endup with the same colors on each section of the ghan if I sew toagather as I go.

I didn't sew mine together until I had all the squares done so that I also wouldn't have two same colors touching. I hit Wallyworld yesterday and found some cream, and the medium green and medium rose color to do the border in. I need to get a baby blanket done first and then I'm on to the border on my Babette. I'll post a picture when she is all done :manyheart

Jackie, I can't wait to see your 30 color afghan!

I'm working at mine at home when I have time (maybe this weekend) to make sure I don't have 2 colors touching. Because I have about 30 of the 4 round ones that I can add to for 6 or 8 or 10 round ones. But I am sewing as I go. I like to see the progress and feel like I'm accomplishing something. But that's just me. I've done them where I've waited and I prefer to put them together as I go. Of course it could be fun to play with this afghan, kind of like a puzzle.

Debbi

Jackie,

I too can't wait to see your 30 color Babette! I'm using only 7 colors and it is challenging not to have colors touching. I do one panel at a time and write my colors down on the pattern before I make them. When I have one panel's worth of squares, I block them, sew them together in the panel, and sew that panel to the rest of the ghan. I've got 6 panels sewn together and I'm working on the squares for the 7th. This means I can do some crocheting, some blocking, some sewing and it doesn't get too old. Mine is made from chunky yarn with a k hook, so it promises to be good sized. I was hoping it would cover our king bed.

I'm looking forward to seeing your surprise motif!:yes

Just took some pic of the progress that I have made.... AND I wanted to prove to ya'll that I am really working on something! So here it is!

These are the one rnds that I have left to finish:

010908020.jpg

These are the two rnds that I have done:

010908017.jpg

And these are the 4 rnd and 8 rnd ones I have done:

010908009.jpg

I am only using 2,4 and 8 rnd grannies!

Archived