Groove-Along

JulieKay

Thanks! I've been looking at my Circle to Square afghan this week...haven't worked on it, just looked at it! LOL

I'm hoping to get back to it next week. I'd really like to finish!

Kim

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how Groovy this is since I saw something similar on That 70s Show (a little later in the groove era), but I noticed the Mar/April 2008 Crochet Today magazine had a round pillow that I saw on an episode of That 70s Show. For some reason I couldn't see it on the magazine's website of pictures... but it's the magazine. The one in That 70s Show was more 70ish colors. I was thinking whatever I have leftover of my Babette Inspired afghan I will make one of these pillows! I think it's called a Wheel Pillow.

Debbi

th_BabetteMarch08.jpg

Here's my complete Babette. I used the Interweave pattern I downloaded for the most part. I only used 7 colors though. Since I used the bulky yarn it made the blanket 77" x 77", it fits atop our king-size bed. I used Paton's Shetland Chunky yarn I got on clearance at Michaels. For all the squares I used a K hook, except for the 2 round squares I used a J. I also used a J hook for the edging.

The colors in real life are much richer than the picture shows. I'm tickled pink with how it turned out, it was fun to make. It took me a little over a month, working in the evenings.

Debbi ... that is a way groovy idea... I was also looking at that pillow pattern. I like the idea of one to match your babette! Keri your babette is groovalicious! Love it! I am still working on mine. Slow going but getting there!

I still have not restarted my Babette Inspired afghan. I've seen some nice ones getting done and it does inspire me, but maybe later I'll do more. But I am working on a Groovy Vest. it's a 1969 vest from the Groovy Crochet site (archived so no link can be posted here, one is on my blog). Someone asked about it on here, so I started it and put up some pictures of how to do it on my blog. Well what I have so far, as I've just started it. I've made a few of these groovy vests and since they aren't really a "dated" look, I wear them and no one every questions it.

Debbi

I'd love to make my very own Babette, but I can't find the pattern anywhere! Not even on Ebay. Is anyone willing to loan or sell their magazine when they're done with their Babette? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Sharon

I have totally been slacking on mine. :( Life just keeps getting in the way. I haven't even kept up with the board. But I'm dying to take some time and look at everyone's babettes. Hopefully, I get to backtrack through this thread this week and light a fire under my rear to get it moving along again.

th_BabetteMarch08.jpg

Here's my complete Babette. I used the Interweave pattern I downloaded for the most part. I only used 7 colors though. Since I used the bulky yarn it made the blanket 77" x 77", it fits atop our king-size bed. I used Paton's Shetland Chunky yarn I got on clearance at Michaels. For all the squares I used a K hook, except for the 2 round squares I used a J. I also used a J hook for the edging.

The colors in real life are much richer than the picture shows. I'm tickled pink with how it turned out, it was fun to make. It took me a little over a month, working in the evenings.

This is stunning. I love the colors and I'll be with that yarn, it's super cozy.

My Babette blanket is all done now :clap I finished the border on it this morning. I am not 100% happy with the final product though. It is a bit ripply and wonky but I still love the colors and the overall effect :manyheart My two round squares didn't fit in quite right. They seemed to be a bit big compared to the rest. I didn't block anything while I was making it so maybe that was the trouble... Oh well, it's done and I may just have to try a nap under it this afternoon (just to test it out :yes )

th_DSC07836.jpg

This is awesome. I think you should be so proud of the final product. :clap

I was wondering if I could jump in on this CAL... I just got my yarn for a babette today :yay

Here it is:

th_DSC01078.jpg

It's all bernat that I got on sale: pink camo, purple camo, oatmeal, honey, pale antique rose, medium antique rose, pale damson, lite damson, forest green, and rustic

I may add a few more colors from my stash, but this is what I've got to get going.

So.... can i join??:crocheting

• 2 weeks later...

Those are beautiful colors, Ada. Welcome to the CAL. :)

I finished all of my squares this weekend and now have to finish piecing the bottom right corner together. Can anyone who is working from the pattern tell me when you do the border, are you using dc or sc?

Ada, those are nice colors. I can't wait to see how it comes together.

Becki, I haven't got to the boarder. I haven't got to mine for a while at all. I really am ready to start up again (when I stop starting new projects).

Debbi

oh man. i am in loooove with the babette blanket. Im going to try and wing it... ill go get me some graph paper and flex those plotting muscles....

My first one will be for my lil bro (14) and i got me some yarn today. Im using wool-ease-lionbrand (first time too... its very lovely) and hours after yarn shopping i realized im missing one color. hot pink. im off to do some searching in hopes that such a color actually exists in woolease... i shall update on my quest, my colors, and another groovy project here soon.... : ) happy crocheting (knitting!)

Amy Jo

This isn't much, only the first 12 round square, then I got sidetracked by other projects that I've ignored for a LOONG time, going to work on some more squares tonight though, but wanted opinions as to how the colors look together...

th_DSC01089.jpg

Archived