Groove-Along

JulieKay

Here is the groovy bag so far...all that I have to do is sew it together with the lining, and it will be done...

Front panel: th_DSCF0099.jpg Back panel: th_DSCF0098.jpg

Front flap: th_DSCF0100.jpg Inside lining material: th_DSCF0101.jpg

The panels really are square...i haven't ironed them yet. I will post a pic when I get it all put together.

Also, the original pattern called for mini squares to make up the handle...i actually did these, but it was too time consuming to attach them all together, so i am making the handle outta the lining. i think this will give it more strength too.

:jumpyay this is the FIRST project i have ever done!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow karen, you r really gettin alot done!

i think i'm gonna start one...maybe just a lapghan. i also saw this pattern on lion's website...would like to try it too...

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70201A.html?noImages=

:crocheting:yarn :yarn :yarn:crocheting

so many projects...so little time!!

thank you kim. :)

i actually bought the lining material 2 or 3 years ago. i collect ladybugs, and love love love the bright colors, just figured i'd use it for something. Then along came the groove along, and i was done for!!! i was born in the mid 60's, so i was just a little kid during the groovy days, but somehow got lost back in the flower-child days!!!

Hi all. I arrived back home today from my overseas adventure and am pleased to report we all had a wonderful time. I have spent the afternoon sleeping as I return to work tomorrow. I have quickly skimmed through to catch up with the progress on this thread. Wonderful progress! I love the way yours is coming together Wendy. I will get myself together and then dig my Babette out so I can continue it.

I am still feeling disorientated so I need more sleep but I will get back to reading more as soon as I get my time zone right.

Here's my Babette so far. The top big one is the 1st panel for the 12 round square. since I had it, I started from there and added on the lower 7 & 8 panel part I had done. The lower right hand square will have to be frogged since I didn't sew it on right:blush but that's okay. I did weave in all the ends of the center part, it's the lower part that I haven't done all the ends.

bab1-22.jpg

More close up pictures on my blog.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Love the bag and the ladybug lining! Super Cute.

Karen, can't wait to see some pics. I would love to see the squares even not put together. Just to see your colors you used.

Debbi

Debbi and Poochie, your blankets are looking awesome!

Kim, your shawl is pretty.

And Crissie, I love the colors of yarn and the fabric for your bag.

As for me, I've been working too much. Sorry it's been so hard to stop by. But, I've been working like crazy on my babette and I'm more than half-way there. I promise to take a pic soon but everytime I go to do it, I think "just one more square" :) It has been addicting and I'm loving the way it's coming out. This blanket will be mine, all mine. (insert evil laugh)

:woo wow debbi your babette is looking great!! i'm gonna start one soon....need more colors though...getting bored using the same colors i used for the bag...goin shoppin on thurs!! Yay!!!! :yay

Is it too late to join this crochet along? I have been dying to make a hippie bag - the design has been swimming in my head every night before going to sleep!

Never too late with this bunch! Welcome:hug

...now, back into lurk mode....:lurk

I'm still working on my squares. I now have half of the four rounds done and am plugging along. I'll try to take a picture of the squares this afternoon when I have some better light.

My totals:

15/50 - 2 rows

26/49 - 4 rows

16/16 - 6 rows

7/7 - 8 rows

2/2 - 10 rows

2/2 - 12 rows

Morning....I'm just checking in too. Once the kids are at school it's off to Walmart I go for a couple of things......and it's C-O-L-D today so lots of crocheting to do when I get back!

HOORAY! I'll be making a hippie hobo - with hippie patches crocheted on - I'm making up the patterns for the bag and the patches but I've already started working on it! I love the 60's and 70's and hoard crochet books and patters from that period. Groovy ladies, Groovy!

Archived