Charity Ideas, My 5 year old nephew has cancer...

YaYa Yarnhood

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to see your fish, either, Diamond. I am at the tail end :lol of Ethans' snake. (Get it, tail...) I am hoping to finish it today, but if not today, then hopefully by tomorrow, and will take a picture. I wish I could do more animals, but we are going to be moving in two weeks, and I just don't think I can commit to anything more right now!:sweat Here is the picture- Hope it..PDRM0002.jpg

works- it turned out cute, I think! Now my eight-year old wants me to make him a Coral Snake.:lol I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me, once we get moved.....

Tina

I'm about finished w the blue porcupine w white quills he just needs eyes and a black tip on his nose he turned out really cute:) will post a pic as soon as I finish. Now the skunk was a bust he didn't look right at all so I may make a racoon or an owl or robin or maybe both.

Here's the package I'll be mailing tomorrow to Brendan. The fish is approx. 16" long (including tail) and almost 16" around (excluding dorsel fin). I made some adjustments to the original pattern ie: the tail is my own design as is the dorsel fin, the eyes were supposed to be those plastic kind that wiggle, I felt for a 3 & 5yo to play with, those eyes could fall off and cause a choking hazzard so I made my own eyes with yarn). The fish is filled with fiberfill but stuffed into a knee-hi stocking then inserted into the fish. The plastic animals were in my local grocery store and were bigger than I usually see, so I got one for Brendan and one for Ethan. The elephant measures about 9" long from tail to snout, and 4 1/2" high. The lion is 9 1/2" long and stands about 5" tall. I hope they like my gifts. Also, there will be 2 ColorWonder sets and a get well card for Brendan.

brendangifts7lq.th.jpg

Click on image to get a better look.

PDRM0002.jpg

Tina

OMG, Tina....that snake is just too cute!!! I'm sure Brendan will love it. H*ll, my sons would and they are 25 & 18. They both have real snakes. I would prefer your snakes tho!!!

Thanx Alisha. I had fun making it! My hubby wants me to make him one next. He wanted this one but I said it was for Brendan and he would just have to wait! My hubby loves to fish so I think I'll make him one for Father's Day.

that fish is soo cute.

So is the snake,

I'm working on the dolphin

Can't wait to see the dolphin Kari. Cheryl usually nobody around here like my stuff only when I have plans to give them away then suddenly everyone wants them :lol

Wow, have y'all been busy while I was at work. :c9 Everything is soooooo cute. I know they are going to love them.:cheer

Aww I love what everyone is making. I've had some setbacks but I am still making Brendan a little piggy or two. I was thinking of also making an alien or something else.

Hi you wonderful ladies!

First of all, my sincere apologies for going AWOL on you all the past two days or so, the weekend was mad crazy busy and I had a chance to spend the whole day alone today and I just had to unplug a few hours and sit and crochet and hear myself think, I didn't even look at the computer until now! Much needed stress relief and recharge day, those don't come along too often when you homeschool! LOL

I will be updating the website right away with all the great wonderful new pictures too and thank you all for your kind words about the pages and all.

Before I get to telling you how much I LOVE the new animals, I want to give you an update on Brennie. Poor lamb is having a rough go...

This is from Jody, as told to her by Sean ( Brendan's dad)

Sean called this am and wanted me to send you all an email and update you on Brennie. He doesn't have email at his work and they had a very busy weekend with Bren. They were at the hospital all day yesterday with him as he is swelling up, and his tummy was big and hard. So they took him in first thing. After testing etc. they decided to lower his steroids in half. The kidney tests showed the kidney is still functioning good. They took one other test and haven't got the results back from that yet. Bren is really moody from the steroids. Sean says he cries over every little thing. Last night they had taco's and his shell broke, so he started crying. They made him another one, and a piece of tomatoe fell out so he started crying again. He cries all the time now . I feel so sorry for him. He can't help his moodiness. I don't know how long he will have to be on the steroids. So anyway, it is still day by day, and he will have continual testing. We will keep you informed and please keep praying for our little sweet boy. Thankyou. They still don't know what is wrong with him.

Ugh. Poor baby. I don't know about you ladies but I've taken courses of prednisone before and it is evil. It does things that are important, but, for want of a better term, it makes you feel possessed! I remember that feeling, I can't imagine how hard it has to be for a four year old to feel it. He's just a baby :(

Thank you again so much for all you're doing. The porcupine is wonderful, so is Ethan's snake I know he's gonna love it...the fishy...all of it. So wonderful.

Tears in my eyes as I go off to update the website now. Thank you julie for telling folks to post pics here, you're absolutely right, then I can snag them for the webpages.

You all amaze me, completely. Just completely.

love

Ro

P.s. sorry I can't remember who it was who said they needed the mailing address please send Jody a PM or an email and she will give it to you!

hugs

ro

Poor little guy. It breaks my heart thinking about how rough a go he is having.

I haven't been on the steriods before but I know what I am like when my thyroid is trying to get itself (and the med) straightened oiut, It's hard to even TRY to control my emotions. And we are old enough to understand these things! Imagine being so little and going through it. :(

But he has a good family you can tell ( and the C'ville Comfort Warriors) and that will be the one thing that helps him through alot.

Poor little boo :( I know how steroids can make you so moody you can't control your emotions I've taken them all too much for asthma. Not fun at all and especially being so little I sure hope the little sweetie feels better soon.Sending good thoughts and prayers his way.

Kari! that "C'ville Comfort Warriors" name is just too cool! We need a button, I tells ya!

I mean, think of it...we're comforting people with a vengeance! (well, only vengeful toward the stupid diseases that make people suffer...and comforting with great force and all our might to the kids and families!) it sounds so noble, I love it!:clap I mean, it even comes from the french...from dictionary.com

Idiom:

with a vengeance

1. With great violence or force.
  2. To an extreme degree: December has turned cold with a vengeance.

[Middle English, from Old French, from vengier, to avenge, from Latin vindicamacr.gifre. See vindicate.]

What we're accomplishing...a picture is worth a thousand words.

Look at this smile...

brendanandethantoyscrop.jpg

I'm so proud of you all :)

Keep those animals coming!!! That smile is so precious, we have to keep it there as much as possible during this rough time for him.

xoxo

Ro

woohoo!

WTG Everyone.

Ro, I liked C'ville Comfort Warrior as soon as it came out of my head. I'll work on a button when I get this Brendan's dolphin done.

Archived