Charity Ideas, My 5 year old nephew has cancer...

YaYa Yarnhood

PDRM0003.jpg

Here's my penguin. I named him "Wheezy", he reminds me of Wheezy from Toy Story. :D I used this pattern: http://www.kreinik.com/PDF/crochet_penguin.pdf I used an H hook, and RH yarn instead of the Kreinek stuff. And did the stomach part different than what they called for.

Tina

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tina that penguin IS wheezy! That's fabulous!!!!

Jody, that is the best news, I've been on pins and needles hoping he wouldn't need that biopsy!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made good progress on Brendan's 'mystery animal' last night...hope to get it finished today and then I hope to make something for Ethan too before I send.

You guys all inspire me so much! I just cannot read this thread without crying.

See how much good love and crochet hooks can do??? :) ONWARD!!!!!!!:hook

ro

looking for the kleenex again!

All the news is so great! Wheezy is really cute. FYI, he was in the second Toy Story. My turtle is going out probably this weekend. I am getting the yarn for Ethans Star blanket, next week. I didn't have anything in my stash that I liked for him. After that is done, I will send it & the blanket from Project Linus.

Glad to hear that all that's being done is boosting the whole families spirits:c9

Wheezy's adorable :cheer Allthought I don't remember her from Toy story.

He was in the Toy Story 2. Andy's mom "put him on the shelf to get his squeaker fixed"... And Woody saved him from the Yard Sale. :P

Tina

He's really cute, Kari. Dorsel fin is a little big & crooked, but Brendan will never know the difference. :D Which pattern did you use? I have several and would like to see if there's a difference between the ones I have and your's.

Kari, the dolphin is PERFECT. It's the little unique touches that make each hand made animal precious and perfect just as they are. I love his fin!

You put so much love into that dolphin, think of it this way; there isn't another that has ever been made in the world that is just like it, and no manufacturer could ever make one as special even if they had all the parts positioned with laser precision. Brendan will know that this one was made with all that love just for him. Please don't be unhappy with the way that he came out! You're so hard on your work and it's so great!

He's just the best, I love him. And I guarantee you my daughter would love it too and she's always my best judge of what will be a hit with kids and what won't!

Now, to unveil my mystery animal...talk about imperfections LOL...he is imperfection incarnate but I think he's kinda cute anyway :) I've never done this pattern before, it turned out to be more time consuming than I thought it would!

Picture_857.jpg

Now to decide if I want to make another one for Ethan or maybe try something different...hmmm...

great work everyone, everything is so adorable!

:clap

Ro, that is too cute. If it is very time consuming, you might want to pic something different. Besides, that way, together they have a complete zoo/jungle!

that's a good point, Shari I didn't think of it that way Thank you! I was tempted to try the elephant that is in the same brochure and figure that Brendan can keep one and give one to Ethan whichever he or mom decide, is anyone actively working on an elephant or should I give it a go? Even if someone else is working on it, that'd be fine anyway I guess that two elephants is better than one eh? :)

I just cannot get over how amazing everyones stuff is. You are all so talented, I bow to your skills! :nworthy

it wasn't the main part of the giraffe that was so time consuming, it was stitching on all those spots and the eyes kept coming out wrong, was supposed to be a bead but I won't use those for fear of choking. I just used yarn and finally got them the way sort of anyway that I wanted them LOL

hugs

Ro

p.s. Oh Jody I didn't see your post dear! I used the Noah's Ark leisure arts booklet #2964 has a monkey and an elephant in it too, that's the elephant I'll make and I believe that is the book that Natalie got the monkey from, cause hers looks just like the one on the cover :) P.S I love your new avatar, I can see you!!! :)

Kari- Your dolphin is SO cute! I know my son(s) would love him (or is it a her?)!;) (Ever since we went to visit my mom in Florida last summer, they love dolphins, sharks, snakes, and esp. alligators.) Plus their whole school "theme" is dolphins. Orcas, Duskys, Hectors, Belugas... (These are all the class names.) I know Brendan will love it! :manyheart

Ro- Your giraffe is cute, too! I think an elephant would be good; of course,I was thinking about an elephant myself, but ended up making the little penguin. But I don't see that anyone else has made any elephants yet either.

Brendan and Ethan are going to love their zoo animals, and all the hard work everyone put into them. :c9

Tina

Tina, you reminded me of a funny story, when I was in second grade we had to pick an animal name for our reading groups. Well, my group was bummed that "puppies" and "kitties" was already taken. So I said, "Lets name it dolphins, they're just about one of the smartest animals in the world!" You should have seen the look on the puppies and kitties when they went from all smug to hearing the teacher praise our creative choice LOL.

I got the head and neck of Monsieur le Elephant done last night! I am going to work on it today and hopefully have pictures by tomorrow. Even if anyone else makes another elephant, the more the merrier!

I'm glad you guys like the little 'raffe...I'm tempted to make another one but then I'd want to keep it! LOL

My daughter had an idea, she thought it would be cool if I crocheted a lion for Lukas, the little boy who gave up his lion to send to Brendan. I have a big Jungle Cats booklet but I've never made an animal that big before...and I don't know if I could pull it off or finish it in a timely fashion, cause I have to get started on some more UMC hats and I keep getting myself distracted! LOL Anybody know of any small lion patterns out there?

Have a great day, Crochetville Comfort Warriors! Kari, if I have time I'll work on a coat of arms for us LOL. I used to have a template for one somewhere...(not in crochet, though with the new software I suppose that could be done too!)

xoxo

Ro

All I could find for a crocheted lion was this: http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/july_crochproject.html and this: http://home.wideopenwest.com/~sag55/lion.html maybe you could make them bigger for a hand puppet? I will keep my eye out for a lion though....

I found this one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41232&item=8191969284&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and "King of the Cookies": http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3095&item=8191916020&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

They had another one, Leo the Lion. He was long and weird looking- didn't look like a real lion. (Well.. less than these do, anyway...)

:shrug

Tina

I would love to send the Child something if you would send me the address of where to send it too. My husband and I are former childrens pastors and we will add him to our prayer list as well.Thanks!

gwen:)

Hello Gwen and welcome to Crochetville! *hugs* thank you for taking an interest in Brendan!

If you send Jody (Ya Ya Yarnhood) a private message she will get you the address to send to, thank you so much! If you crochet him an animal be sure to let me know which one so I can add it to the webpage!

Well last night I got the elephant stuffed head body and legs done and started on the trunk but the pattern was giving me grief! There was no way it was turning out right using a G hook as the pattern called for (only then did I see "Or size needed for gauge :eek ) so I went way down to an E and it's still giving me trouble! I finally had to put it down and get some sleep last night but I hope to try it again today. If it fails me this time, I'm gonna just improvise something on my own!

That leaves arms, eyes, and ears do to then hopefully I'll have pictures!

Thanks again everyone for all your good and hard work! rock on!

xoxo

Ro

Archived