Charity Ideas, My 5 year old nephew has cancer...

YaYa Yarnhood

I would love to attempt the lion/tiger/panther. I have been looking for a pattern to make a Koala or kangaroo, so he can get something from "down under" but no luck so far, so if you are happy to share the pattern, I will do them up

Here's a Koala pattern for you, Samio. Koala Pattern

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to attempt the lion/tiger/panther. I have been looking for a pattern to make a Koala or kangaroo, so he can get something from "down under" but no luck so far, so if you are happy to share the pattern, I will do them up

I sent you a PM about the pattern. :U

hey everybody,

wanted to give you the latest on Brennie, he had to go back to the hospital for pain management, poor little lamb :cry His Grandma Pat emailed me to thank everyone for all that they are doing for him, she said it means so much to the family, and I wanted you all to know that! if i hear anything else I will post soon as I can.

Thanks to everybody who has already sent packages and who are still working on animals for him...he's going through so much, I know that he will be able to feel the love that you're all putting into every single stitch.

Sam, whatever animal you want to make is fine...just let me know what you settle on hon and I'll update the site.

thanks for the great feedback on the pirate hat, unfortunately when I try to write out a pattern it makes sense to only me, and even then not so much . maybe it's just lack of sleep, i'll keep working on it! in the meantime jody I emailed you about the hat for your boy...decided to take it on last night when I couldn't sleep and had brendan on my mind and it's almost done. i made it a bit larger since your boy is older, this one fits me so it should fit him!

i want to make an animal for ethan too...maybe a little star blankie cause i've been wanting to try those...just a little comfy for him too so he doesn't feel left out. will do my best to get going on that.

carry on, wonderful people. i'm off to find more coffee; i think i'll just eat some beans to save time and for maximum effect lol.

:hug

ro

carry on, wonderful people. i'm off to find more coffee; i think i'll just eat some beans to save time and for maximum effect lol.

:hug

ro

Ya know, Ro.....Starbuck's has these great chocolate covered coffee beans that are so yummy. Maybe it'll help instead of eating plain ol' beans! You've been doing great things for Brendan, hang in there.

Hey Ro,

I will be more than happy to make a little star blanket for Ethan, Unless you just want to. Let me know! Thanks for all your help & time.;)

Shari, that would be wonderful if you could do that...would be one less thing on my plate heading into a crazy month with two dance recitals, a tae kwon do test for my daughter, visiting relatives, my anniversary...and of course, the most important thing, the charity stuff! I have to update Brendan's website and so appreciate your offer to do that. You're a sweetheart!!! :hug

I'll add it to the webpage that you're going to make it. :yay

Diamond, I haven't tried starbucks...I am out of coffee beanery ones...gone straight to the raw stuff, and the scary part is I actually like it LOL. Who needs to liquify it...just eat a handful and I'm good to go for another couple hours LOL

you guys are the best :manyheart

love

Ro

Diamond, I haven't tried starbucks...I am out of coffee beanery ones...gone straight to the raw stuff, and the scary part is I actually like it LOL. Who needs to liquify it...just eat a handful and I'm good to go for another couple hours LOL

you guys are the best :manyheart

love

Ro

I need to invent and patent a way to get caffeinated intraveneously (sp?). (I have an espresso vice of my own)

And I agree, you guys are the best! :manyheart

Thank you all!!

Jody

Here's a tip from me if you like espresso/cappuccino....Mr. Coffee has this cool maker, sort of like the CocoMotion machine (makes hot chocolate & looks like a blender), it's called the Caffe Latte machine and it's wonderful!!! Looks like a blender, add 1.5 cups milk (or Soy milk if you prefer which I do), 1/3 cup water, heaping teaspoon instant coffee, packet of Splenda and push the button. Instant cappuccino. It heats it while it blends it. Push up the pour spout lever and it goes into your mug!! It cost about $30, I got mine at Linens N Things. Even if you don't like instant coffee, you will with this machine. Would make a great Mother's Day gift! I love mine and use it all the time and I don't like coffee. I love Starbuck's and cappuccino but don't like coffee. Weird, right??? :coffee

Ok, I finally took a pic of Brendan's little turtle. He needs eyes yet, but I have not wanted to embroidery. Won't take me 5 minutes! Also, is a pic of the blanket & Beanie Bear Project Linus is giving to him.

480x360_giftsforbrendan.jpg

That's so wonderful Shari, I LOVE that turtle!!!!!! Will post the picture in the gallery, thank you!!!

big hugs

ro

Isnt there a pattern some place in C'ville for a squid purse? We could make one of those & stuff it instead of line it or something. :U would go great with the octopus. :D

I have one dragon done, & am working on the other one. I also am making a skunk & a porcupine.

Great work so far every1! :clap

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Homestead is having issues at the moment, it keeps telling me to download the new version of their software but I already did! So I can't update the site at the moment, but I am making note of the animals added to the list and hope to have this resolved by the end of the day!!!

big hugs!

Ro

Sending prayers and good thoughts for Brendan and the whole family. I will send some things for him and for his little brother. Somewhere I have a pattern for a horse, if I can find it I will make one for him.

hugs,

Stacey

Aww, thanks Stacey! Be sure to let me know what you decide on so I can put it on the list...

My friend Nancy made the coolest frog, am putting the picture up now, finally got homestead to work again! was a firewall issue...i mean, isn't it always?

I locked myself out of the house today lol. fortunately i was with my dad so we just hung out at his house until my husband came to claim me, but needless to say it threw off the rest of the day. so i've gotta run, back later!

love ya all, you wonderful ladies! (and drew, if you're lurking. love you too LOL)

ro

Tween, those are awesome! I love Sue who runs Headhuggers, she is such a sweetie! I haven't talked to her in a long time, I should email her :)

hugs!

Ro

Melissa, those sound fabulous! Esp. the penguins, and I bet he'd like the tarantula and ants too a lot loving fear factor as he does *shudder* LOL

hugs and thank you for making them!!!

ro

Okie dokie! Brendan's Power Rangers beanie is complete. I will be posting it to him today and I can put up piccies of it tonight. The kangaroo will come later this week as I get paid tomorrow but I couldn't wait to get the beanie out to him. Be back later with a pic.... :D

Archived