Charity Ideas, My 5 year old nephew has cancer...

YaYa Yarnhood

Got this email tonight from his Grandma Pat and she asked me to share it with you all...along with her thanks and gratitude for all you're all doing...

hi RO

I was hoping to have some good news tonite ... they were thinking about letting brennie go home today, however, the drs

are still concerned as to why he isn't gaining more strength. So ... maybe tomorrow. I may be going up tomorrow to give

grandma Sandy a break. She has been wonderful ....taking care of Ethan and not letting him feel abandoned. I know he is missing his "BB" (Brendan) not to mention his mom and dad.

I am still overwhelmed by all the wonderful people helping Brendan get through this rough time. We all thank you so very much. Words cannot describe our gratitude.

I was at the hospital last nite and a friend had given him a Spiderman mask and gloves that make "webbing" noises. He

was really excited to put them on ... once he had them on he wanted me to pull his IV pole along with him .. he made

for the door and began "webbing" all the nurses - drs - and anyone else who walked by .... after a minute or so he was tired and sat down on the floor ... I got a chair and pushed it over so he could sit and "keep on webbing" it was so cute !! I wish I had taken my video camera! The nurses had a big laugh.

Thank you again to everyone!!

can you imagine, as tired as he was, still making people laugh! What an extraordinary child. Bless his heart! *tears*

will update you when I hear more...thanks again everyone!

hugs

ro

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Brendan is doing a little (at least!) better today. I have Ethans' snake 1/3 (?) way done. (17 inches from nose.) If I would stop visiting Crochetville, maybe I could finish it!:compute There is a picture of it so far, on my blog: timelesscreations.blogspot.com under "Ethans' Snake". My two year old found it, (I have been keeping it in a bag, taking it with me for car pool and 'whenever' times) and.... I think I will have to make another one, and keep Ethans' hidden! :lol I hope Ethan will like it this much!

Tina

Okay the keeping it hidden is not working- but now the two year old is helping me stuff it! (He still thinks it's "his", but he isn't playing with it...) Me thinks me is going to have to start a new snake today! "This one is yours, this one is for someone else, okay?":)

Got my first ant body done last night! It currently has one leg, because I ran out of pipe cleaners and have to get more. (I haven't broken my stash busters pledge~~I'm using what yarn I have in my stash.)

I also linked my blog to the Boxes for Brendan site.

BTW, what's the shipping deadline for the zoo critters? :think

Ok this is what I'm sending Hippo crocheted little Lion not crocheted, 2 coloring books a power rangers one and a dinosaur one some great bug stickers, and A Fear Factor notebook with worms on the front cover, oh and I had 2 Buzz Lightyear happy meal toys still in the packages so I'm sending those as well.I just wanted to update and say I sent it today

I am so completely overwhelmed by the wonderful response you all have given to our family and to little Brendan! Thank you all so much! I am so excited for him to have this great Zoo collection!!! And thank you most of all to those of you praying for him as well. I know God is working miracles with and through Brendan's ordeal. Thank you ALL!!!! :hug:heart :heart :heart :heart

Alisha, what a wonderful and thoughtful assortment of goodies, I know that Brendan will LOVE them! Did you take pictures of the hippo and all, I'd love to see it!!!

There isn't really a deadline for shipping...just get them done and ship when you're able I guess! And please let me know when you do so that I can update the website with status of each box in case his family checks to see what is coming against what has already arrived.

I'm excited, my first box for the boys should get there tomorrow, I sure hope they like their toys!

again, you all rock. You totally inspire me!

hugs

Ro

OKay, here's the Power Rangers beanie I posted out to Brendan yesterday. It looks more like a spider to me but I really tried to recreate the Yellow Ranger's helmet.

Click me:

th_IMG_4504.jpg

I really hope he likes it and the note I put in with it! :manyheart

Bec

Well, I finally finished sewing together the monkey last night. He's a little crooked, and understuffed, but he'll do. He was my first attempt at stuffing/sewing, so I hope Brendan doesn't mind! (I still think it's cute!) I'll be mailing it out this afternoon, once I run by Target and grab a few other things to put in the box (My hunny suggested hot wheels... will these be too small to have around Ethan?)

I'll be sure to share pics before I send him off.

LOL, Oh yeah - I need an addy to send it to! Jody or Ro, could you PM me with it? Thanks!!

I saw the picture of Brendan with a soccer ball. I finished a Head Hugger hat for him that looks just like a soccer ball .. and a matching IV cover. sport06.gif

Included two other IV covers.. One is a bright multicolor and the other is his favorite color, yellow. Mailed everything yesterday.

Ro, I have a turtle that I would like to send. I know he has one already, but we could pretend for a moment about Noah's ark? 2 by 2....

Anyway, let me know what you think...

Jessie :turtle:hook

Jessie, that will be great! Perhaps that turtle could be shared with Ethan since his list of animals is still kinda short. Thank you! PM Jody and she'll get you the address..

Nat, sent you a PM!

Bec, that is one of the most unique beanies I've ever seen, it's a perfect PR helmet! He's gonna love it :)

Bobbie, you rule! Thank you so much for making him the soccer head hugger and the iv covers...will update the website now with all the new info and sent packages!

I'm so so excited because my first box is gonna arrive today. I hope Ethan likes his Little People castle!! :) Wish I could see his face.

I feel like it's Christmas, and for such a wonderful purpose. You all rock!!!

*misty eyed again*

Ro

Newsflash! This just came in from Jody via email:

Brendan got to go home last night! Hooray! Lets hope and pray he gets to stay there this time!

Woo hoo! He's back home from the hospital, lets all hope he can stay there!!!

You go, little man!!! What a trooper!

love

Ro

There's a pic on my blog of the hippo but I sealed everything else up and forgot to take a pic. I'm so amazed at how much everyone is doing for Brendan :cheer:hug to everyone.

That beanie is awesome! You rock Frangipani!

OKay, here's the Power Rangers beanie I posted out to Brendan yesterday. It looks more like a spider to me but I really tried to recreate the Yellow Ranger's helmet.

Click me:

th_IMG_4504.jpg

I really hope he likes it and the note I put in with it! :manyheart

Bec

Good morning ladies! sorry for no update yesterday was spent running around like a loony and taking care of real life-offline (read, non-fun LOL) stuff. But I have wonderful news of just how much good your work is doing...and how much Brendan is loving his goodies!

His mom emailed me and said that they boys were having a total blast with all the new toys they've gotten. She said that it was a good, low pain day for Brendan but that he had to play inside and that the gifts we've sent were serving a very important purpose, keeping him occupied while he gets better! She said that what we have done is "one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for" their family and that they are so thankful to all of you!!!

She also told me that we have helped make a very unhappy time happy for them, and that they are going to take some pictures of the boys with their gifts soon as they can so I can post them on the website. Isn't that cool?

You've all done so good! I am so proud!! Thank you to everybody, and to the folks who haven't sent their stuff yet no worries, cause I'm sure he will need to be occupied for awhile and spreading them out is good!

Chiscrochetcrazy I can't wait to see your skunk and/or porcupine! I want to make some more goodies too (mailed off his hats and the duckling yesterday!) and something for Ethan, just need to catch my breath first!!!

huge hugs to you all, you are all mothers today in my eyes because you have shown so much love to this little boy, that is 'mothering' and that is love!!! You all, quite simply, RULE my crochet world!!!:manyheart

love,

Ro

just another update for you all, Brendan had to go to the doctor today, he's having some med reactions hopefully it is something they will be able to fix by cutting back some dosages...please keep him and his family in your thoughts still! His Grandma Pat wanted me to tell everyone again how grateful they are for all you've done.

You all are just the best...

hugs

ro

My fish is ready to be mailed but I have no address. He turned out really cute. My hubby loves him which is weird because usually he'll just say "That's nice" or "Good job" or something along those lines. But this time he said "I really like that fish. It's my favorite. It's the cutest thing you've ever made." Now mind you, I've made countless items in the years I've been crocheting and have never heard him exclaim over an item like he has this fish. Guess I'll have to make him a fish for Father's Day. I'll be posting a picture later today. Do I post it here in this forum or is there a special place?

Archived