Charity Ideas, My 5 year old nephew has cancer...

YaYa Yarnhood

UPDATE! My Power Rangers beanie is almost done. I did it in yellow (his favourite colour, right?) microspun. It's SUPER soft for his little head. Then the hunny tells me the yellow power ranger is a GIRL!! ACK. I hope brendan doesn't mind. But I do also have red microspun so I can make a red one instead. Took no time at all to make so I totally don't mind. I hope to post his *Ranger Beanie* out tomorrow.

Bec :hug

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about halfway through with the snake so far, I should be able to finish it either tonight or tomorrow. The great thing about the snake is I can just keep going, making him longer and longer and looooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggger until I run out of steam. I'm no where near to that point yet. I may (debating, not quite sure if I have the right stuff for it) try to add beads to the last couple inches of the tail so it would be a rattlesnake. I think the beads I have are too small and it wouldn't look right, so I might start it then frog it back. Time will tell. :hook

My turtle is done! Little but cute. My middle daughter (20) loves turtles & said "For Meeeee?!!) I will have to make her one. I will ship Brendans out soon.

LOL about your daughter wanting the turtle! Sounds like something mine would do (or I would do !)

I cannot WAIT to see pictures of your items, guys that is wonderful! :cheer I know he's gonna LOVE that snake, Julie! And the power rangers beanie, who knew yellow was a girl? I sure didn't! Cause my daughter isn't into power rangers I had no idea.

My husband and dad hauled the box of toys to the UPS store today for shipping, its on its way! I held onto the mickey hat to go along in a different box with the duckie which I plan to start making soon as I finish this post...will post pics of course when he's done!

I am getting emails from people off the board too, relatives of Brendan and such who are jumping on our bandwagon to send boxes...what a wonderful thing. It's beautiful to see everyone rally around this little boy...

hugs!!!

Ro

Here is Brendan's snake. :D

th_brendan.jpg

It's almost 4 feet long, just 45½ inches. I came so close! :lol I'll mail it out tomorrow or Tuesday, whenever we're due to go to the post office again.

Brendan got his first package Saturday, I am passing along the e-mail my brother (his Daddy) sent me along with the photo that was attached...

"Brendan recieved his blanket and stuffed bear today. He has been using the blanket all day and has taken it and the bear everywhere we have gone. He has had another rough day but not as bad as yesterday. He named the bear "Rainbow."

Thank you all for your kindness,

Sean and Allie

and of course, Brendan"

Brennyblankie.jpg

Poor thing! He looks tired and worn out already, but I'll bet he was very excited to get that blanket and bear!

Oh, Jody. He is too precious for words *tears*

I don't know who made that blankie and bear, but if you're from c'ville, thank you and bless you. I will list them on the webpage and put "anonymous" until I know your name, if you care to share it...

I finished the egg to go with the duckling...the effect is really cute I wish you could see it in person! My husband was so cute when he came up with the idea...his heart is so tied up into this project too, he did all kinds of extra stuff around the house while I've been working on webpages and making the items...I couldn't do any of the projects I do without my sweetie's support!

One of my other trusty and trusted PSF buddies just emailed me, she has two boys just Brendan and Ethan's ages and she wants to send a box too. I'm amazed every day by the continued love and support for this project...thank you again everyone.

Julie, your snake RULES. I put the picture on the zoo gallery page, I hope that's okay!!! I'll put a link to your blog on the description :)

big hugs and thanks again everybody, please keep those pictures of completed items coming I love to see all your beautiful work.

love

Ro

Oops forgot, at least I think I forgot, I'm sooooo tired tonight sorry guys! Here is a link to the page where I will put all the animals as the pictures come in. Shari, did you get to take a picture of the turtle??? I'd love to see it.

Brendan's Zoo Gallery

hugs

Ro

Awh, thank you so much Julie. Your snake is awesome, he will love it!

Here is Brendan's snake. :D

It's almost 4 feet long, just 45½ inches. I came so close! :lol I'll mail it out tomorrow or Tuesday, whenever we're due to go to the post office again.

I will take a picture of the little turtle before I send it out. Also, I wanted you let you all know that my friend Sally, that heads Project Linus, brought me a little quilt & beanie bear to send to him. I was thinking I would stagger the packages so he doesn't get everything now, & nothing later when he really feels bad!

Ooo, thanks, can't wait to see the sweet little turtle!

That's a good idea about staggaring them...I plan to do the same thing, was another reason I didn't wait on sending the toys till the duck was finished...now I will work on some other things and also plan to staggar them out.

Your friend from Linus was so thoughtful...If you email or PM me her first name I would be happy to thank her on the webpage for her kind and wonderful gift.

hugs

Ro

Count me in. I'm going to make a dolphin!!

I see that Kari is making a dolphin. I have tropical fish that are really cute, I can make him one of those.

His Mom asked me to post this to all of you wonderful angels...

"Brendan had a pretty rough weekend. He is in a lot of pain but wants to tough it out at home. The doctors said we could admit him for pain management to the hospital again but he doesn't want to be in there anymore.

The docs still think it may be PTLD- Post Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder. The biopsies showed up as negative, but that is one characteristic of the disease is that it can change its apperance often. We will just have to wait and see i guess. He will have to have his tonsils, adenoids and a few lymphnodes in his neck removed, possibly this week. They are too swolen and it interferes with his breathing.

We wanted to thank you all for doing this for Brendan. He was so excited the other day when he opened his first package. I know these gifts are going to cheer him up a lot and hopefully make him forget about some of the pain that he is dealing with right now.

That is all I know for now. I will try to keep you all updated on him and how he is feeling. Thank you all again from all of us.

Sean, Allie, Ethan and "Super Brendan" "

Your little grandson Brendan is in my prayers.

Our charity sewing group is making Pediatric IV Covers. The crochet pattern can be found at: http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/iv-wrist-cover.html

The clinic oncology nurse that I spoke with said that these can be crocheted or knitted in colorful yarn or sewn on the machine .. using Super Hero fabrics. She said that would help the children remember that they are in a battle right now .. and that they can win it.

I'll be happy to send along a couple of IV covers for Brendan.

Thank you diamond, I will put you down for a tropical fish! :) He'll love that I'm sure!

I spent the day figuring out how to make Brendan a Tri-cornered Captain Jack Sparrow pirate hat...and I just finished it! It came out so cool that I would wear this hat! LOL

I'll probably make him a little red cap to go under it too, just like Jack had his bandana...

Big hugs Jody thank you so much for the update! I will post it on the site. Thank you to Julie too for plugging this project so whole heartedly on her blog! :hug

Thanks too Bobby for the offer of the IV covers I have emailed Jody to send you the address info!

big hugs and keep those animals coming folks! you rule!

love

Ro

Thanx Ro! So you can see what I am going to make him (and maybe one for his little brother). Hooked On Fish Also, I have gotten them each a set of ColorWonder Markers and ColorWonder Coloring Books. The markers will only mark on the ColorWonders Paper. It's great for little kids who tend to coloring on anything & everything. Crayola Color Wonders

woo hoo! Thanks Diamond! I added the markers and books to the list, that is so wonderful!!!

I put up pictures of the Capn Jack..er, Brendan hat! I have to hide it from my husband though or he's gonna want it LOL I'm gonna have to make him one I bet lol. Hat pics I hope Brendan likes it! I have to put together some pirate booty to go with it of course before I send it...

hugs

Ro

Both hats are super cute, Ro! Any boy would love either of them! I can just picture my sons (when they were little) playing pirates with that tri-cornered hat. And those Mickey Mouse ears are great! Better than the ones at DisneyLand and I'm sure fit better and more comfortably.

Ro, those turned out great. He is sure to love them both!

Jody, thanks for the update. He is such a brave little boy, it brought tears to my eyes. But, we are going to help him be strong!

Ro, the hats are fabulous!! :clap

I sent off the snake today, addressed the package to "Super Brendan" as his mom referred to him in her email update to Jody. Poor little boy. :cry

I would love to attempt the lion/tiger/panther. I have been looking for a pattern to make a Koala or kangaroo, so he can get something from "down under" but no luck so far, so if you are happy to share the pattern, I will do them up

Archived