Chocolate Cakes

lacy lucy

I'd been wanting to make the "chocolate decadence cake" ever since I saw pictures of it at Gourmetcrochet.com. Now that I've made it, I'm not too sure I like it all that much.

I couldn't find WW yarn in chocolate colour, so had to substitute. There were a few other modifications that I made which could probably be why I couldn't get the level of perfection I was after.

The cupcake is also a gourmet crochet pattern. The shortcake is from Norma Lynn Hood.

cake3.jpg

cake2.jpg

chococake.jpg

Hey... this is for crocheted items... Where do we post baked goods? The Gourmet Crochet Diet... Turkey, Smashed potatoes... all the fixings and deserts... no calories... No prep time after the 1st year and no clean up. Just put out every year, enjoy the "feast" and then eat lean cuisine! LOL It just looks so real! It would be fun to play on family though... hmmmm

I couldn't find WW yarn in chocolate colour, so had to substitute. There were a few other modifications that I made which could probably be why I couldn't get the level of perfection I was after.

When I read that I immediately recognized the WW as meaning Weight Watchers yarn...lol!

You were speaking of desserts.

Jules

Very yummy. I love those patterns. I made the chocolate covered strawberries from Gourmet Crochet. I also made the chocolate cake with the strawberries on top. Due to limited space, I made them in thread.

I really like yours. Wants me to go out and get a Chocolate cake.:hook

Archived