my seraphina in homespun

kkms

nice!! I'm afraid to make one because I've heard that the pattern is somewhat difficult to understand.

Odd tangent I know, but seeing you in your basement makes me long to have one. No such thing as basements here in Florida. I miss having one terribly!!!!!!!!! Enjoy! :)

Granny will love her new shawl!

I know there is a post somewhere on C'Ville that gives the corrections for this shawl. I've never made it, but I saved the corrections for if I ever do get around to it. I think the original one looks beautiful, but the sts are too big for me. I would probably make it with a hook smaller than what is recommended for it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its beautiful.. I finally got the nerve to try one after eyeing it for a long time. The pattern was slow to start, but after I got to the first set of repeats I had it down and its going fast....really addictive..:lol

Odd tangent I know, but seeing you in your basement makes me long to have one. No such thing as basements here in Florida. I miss having one terribly!!!!!!!!!

Hey in Florida you have SUNSHINE! What do you need a basement for? ;)

I decided to use Caron Simply Soft. Its not as heavy as homespun or regular red heart. Hopefully she'll like it.

Your grandma sounds like a riot!.

Mine gets funnier and funnier as she gets older...she's a dirty old thing. She was in the hospital last year because of a heart attack. Do you know what she wanted when I came to visit? She wanted me to paint her nails and do her hair because she thought her doctor (in his 40s!) was hot. She figured she could trade in Grandpa for a younger version! :lol

oh you are very lucky!!!! my grandmother is a very stubborn ole mule - who sees nothing but the negative in life anymore! enjoys yours! i try but sometimes she makes it difficult

i enjoyed making my black seraphina so much i wanted to make myself another one. but while i was looking for yarn for it, my grandmother found one that she like so i decided to make this one for her. shhhh its a surprise.

Your shawl is gorgeous! I love the colors. I like your shawl much better than the original one. I know you said you left out some of the ch 1s, but did you also use a smaller hook?

if memory serves i believe i used a size k hook. i have to say though when i was looking at the yarn she picked this one up and i hated it! but when it was all done i think it did come out beautiful! i want to make another one - in the homespun barley. i left out the ch 1s becuse i don't like holey things and leaving them out made it perfect for what i like!

I know there is a post somewhere on C'Ville that gives the corrections for this shawl. I've never made it, but I saved the corrections for if I ever do get around to it. I think the original one looks beautiful, but the sts are too big for me. I would probably make it with a hook smaller than what is recommended for it.

hmmm never knew there were corrections for this shawl. i followed her directions for the most part but like i said earlier i left out most of the ch1.

Its beautiful.. I finally got the nerve to try one after eyeing it for a long time. The pattern was slow to start, but after I got to the first set of repeats I had it down and its going fast....really addictive..:lol

yes it is very addictive - i want to make another - no time right now though. its kinda like the round ripples they are addictive too.

oh you are very lucky!!!! my grandmother is a very stubborn ole mule - who sees nothing but the negative in life anymore! enjoys yours! i try but sometimes she makes it difficult

We do enojy her...and her antics...very much!

We warn every man that marries into the family to beware. Her wedding gift is to try to grab their jewels! No joke! My poor husband made wide circles around her for the longest time. :lol

We threw a huge party for her on her 80th birthday...she let us dress her up as a thug for funny pictures. She had the sideways cap, fake gold chain, borrowed rings from some of the men, a cell phone, and topped off the picture with a made up gang sign.

The woman is totally crazy and we love it! This past year her health has been deteriorating, so she hasn't been AS crazy, but we know she loves being a goofball.

I did one with homespun too, in tudor. I love the color you used. They are pretty addicting, aren't they. I've made tow of them, and plan on making a third one some time. That one will be for me though. I still haven't kept a single thing that I have ever made!

i know i am itching to make another one myself but i have sooooo many other things going right now i don't dare start another bag.

I should NOT have read this thread...... now I want to make another one.

Archived