Time for another confession! Okay, who is guilty of...

Guilty. i have so much yarn right now, (5 full XXL ziplock bags), buried in the closet, I don't know what I have, so it's easier for me to go out a buy what I need at the time.:hook

I probably do this because I am always buying yarn to keep my 'staples' in stock. (I understand some people do this with cooking supplies - imagine that:2eek ) I don't do this so much with special yarns - just the usual suspects.

Because I am always doing something that "needs" certain yarns, I keep them on hand. :wlol

Well, I'm kind of in the middle on this one...

I don't go buying yarn that I KNOW is in my stash but what happens is that I'll buy yarn for a project and then a week later I'll happen upon the exact same yarn that I didn't even know I had!

My problem honestly is that 99% of my stash is one skeins of this and one skeins of that. Not really enough to do anything major...

I really want to try and use up my one skeins so that I'll know exactly what I have and be able to make something with it!

i am the same as donna, but i do which ever is easier buying or looking thru my stash...i have only bought 1 skein of yarn in the last few months, trying to get out of the negatives in my stash busting.....

Sigh... OK, this should tell you all what it's like at MY house... I just bought three more (that makes 14 total) of the HUGE plastic containers (the biggest ones Walmart carries) to re-organize and figure out what exactly I have so I DON'T have to go buy more... DH keeps threatening to put our storage shed on ebay...

I should always have whatever I need, but sometimes I just HAVE to order new stuff anyway!! :D

I can say very honestly that I'm not guilty of this. I own a reasonably small stash. (two large clear tubs...18-25 gallons probably... with some overflow of a few bags nearby and a couple small boxes.) If I have what I need for a project I use it but generally, I don't if it needs to be a certain color. I only go get more of the yarn I need if I have some on hand simply because I only have one skein or so of it. Also, I just couldn't afford to do that! Being a full-time student and looking for a job doesn't lead to me being able to shop for yarn like that!

I have to say that even if I do have the color chances are I don't have enough to do a new project. So I usually just buy it again and hey, if I keep doing this then the overflow WILL equal enough for another project. lol

It actually doesn't take much money to get carried away Kitty, I don't have it either but crochet is my entertainment budget and luckily yarn isn't expensive. :)

I'm guilty of that. I have 12 33-gallon trash bags plus four 27" television boxes full of yarn, yet when I decide on a new project I go buy more! My reasoning? If I use the yarn I have then I won't have it any more, so I buy more so I don't have to use my stash. I know. I know. But it works for me. :blush

Elle

Not guilty. Keep all my yarn sorted by type and ply. 4 tubs, 1-novelty yarns (fun fur, chenille, suede, fancy fur and boucle). 2- 4 ply yarns 3- sport and 2 ply 4- baby yarn

1 container with wood lid for cotton (includes thread), and a large plastic bag for balls. As soon as I bring yarn into house it gets sorted and put in it's place.

crochet is my entertainment budget and luckily yarn isn't expensive. :)

This is how it is with me, too! We don't go out to eat because of the hours I work (3-11 six days a week) and because of the nerve damage in my spine, we don't go out dancing or going to clubs. DH's hobby is his Playstation 2 and his Gamecube, and we buy his games from Ebay for pennies compared to what they cost new from the stores. He also loves playing his guitar, and he gets together with a couple of other guys who live here to play a couple of times a week. My relaxation and enjoyment comes from being online and from crocheting, and I spend about $100-$150 a month on my yarn and supplies. If we were going out like a lot of people do, we'd be spending that in a weekend between dining out and going dancing or the movies or whatever, so it might sound like a lot of money to spend each month on yarn and thread, but in the grand scheme of things, it works out to about $25-30 a week for enjoyment purposes. I work 104 hours a week between being behind the front desk here six nights a week and being on call from 11 pm until 7 am seven nights a week, I owe it to myself to buy whatever yarn I want each month. :hook

Elle

I am definately guilty of this one. I have about 15 of those large rubbermaid totes in my craft room full of yarn. Sometimes its just easier to go buy new yarn than to go through all of those. I do have them organized as far as types of yarn...baby yarn, sport weight, 4 ply pastel colors, 4ply dark colors and special yarns. That's about as organized as I get. Love those plastic totes.

Not Guilty!!!

I actually don't have that much of a yarn stash but that is only because I have a huge fabric stash :yes. I love to crochet but I do try to stay on one project before starting a new one...doesn't alway work, but I try.

However I do have a lot of crochet hooks. I will forget that I already have a size J and buy another meanwhile I don't have an I hook...oy vay...I am a true blonde!

Not guilty. I don't have an overly large stash of yarn, at least now, so I know every skein I have. I too keep it separate as to yarn type. I have mostly wool and acrylic and then a few cottons and blends and a few left over fun furs, etc. But I like mine stored in either tote bags or clear plastic containers because if I had to stick my head into the bottom of a huge garbage bag to find yarn, I know I'd never do it. But sometimes I will buy some yarn just because I feel like it and really like a new color or something. I don't tend to put myself on a guilt trip for doing this kind of thing either because as an earlier poster pointed out me and mine spend very little on entertainments. He will go to races in the summer and go fishing (we have a camper at the lake) and mine is my crafts. So, if I want some new yarn for no special reason, I get it, but at the same time I don't want to have to build on an addition because I can't fit my yarn anywhere.

Archived