thought I would share my hooks.......

These my DH made for me. I first started asking him to make the handles for my thread hooks then it went to make them for my small hooks then on to I want all wood ones for the larger sizes. So now I have a wood handle or a all wood hook for each size that I use in hooks. I have 3 more that are in projects right now also. These are my treasures that I will have forever from him and I use the tar out of em as well. So when he is gone far far away I always have a piece of him with me and know how loved I really am because of the time and effort he took to make these for me. I am very spoiled and know that I could never buy another hook again and be happy with them cause DH has spoiled me so with these. There are also a few villagers that have these from trades as well as him making to sell. But all of the ones you see in the pics are.............. mine mine all mine I tell you................... :rofl

Enjoy! Just don't get em wet please. :wink

100_0268.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0270.jpg

oh and my new roll up case cause I was tired of fighting to get them into the smaller one. So I just made me a new one for them and I think I may use my old one and the new one.

100_0272.jpg

They are all just beautiful! My dad did woodworking and I am sure if he was alive today, I would also be getting wooden hooks made. They really are something very special to treasure forever.

Nikki, those are beautiful hooks and I truly mean that! You are so blessed to have a hubby that is talented with the woodworking and makes these gorgeous hooks for you. I guess I can say that I am a bit, (okay, a lot) jealous! :blush They are really a treasure to hold on to forever. :yes

The hooks you show us made from love :manyheart

That work the yarn yet fit like a glove :drool

They not only crochet but are pretty to the eye :artist

The wood worked well with oil and dye :2magic

You have the large sizes, maybe C through K :faint

But you also have the steel, cuz you got it your way! :rolleyes

These hooks that you cherish, not only pretty but sentimental

are heirlooms indeed, to be pasted down, that's elemental :c9

So, I guess buying faint copies of your treasures are out

We just get to look at the pictures and pout pout pout :P

So thank you for sharing, it was nice to see

said the starving kid to the food on TV :icecream

:devil

lol well I don't sleep much, waiting for the boys at their activities, Tuesday is my day off and I usually get half of the day to work on something, sometimes at work.............. I just make the time. :)

my boys are older 11, 14, 16. So they can do something for themselves. Like feed their faces..........:rofl. No really I just make the time because while DH is away it keeps me busy and my mind off o f things.

They are beautiful! I was the lucky recipient of one of her husbands thread hooks with a wood handle during the cotton swap. I absolutly LOVE it! It's my favorite thread hook and I rarely use my others now!:hook

ditto except i got mine with the christmas ornaments swap over the summer. i adore that hook! it is so comfortable to work with. thanks again to you both for a wonderful suprise! :hug:manyheart

I used to kid around and say I only wanted a husband so I'd have someone to mow the grass... maybe I need to revise that requirement a little. :)

Those are truly beautiful and you are very lucky to have such a sweet husband!

Archived