I Hit the Jackpot - Magic Crochet etc

Today, i had to get my flu shot,:eek so decided to go downtown early and hit the thrift shops. First i went to Value Village, and found one (1) Magic Crochet. WhooHoo- never found one there before. Cost me 69cents. :yes Well my day was made but still had lots of time before my appointment, so on the the next shop. Well, this shop sells magazines for 25cents, I started flipping thru their craft books and there they were, 36 crochet magazines.I grabbed the pile and went to the checkout, she rang up $8+ then said books and mags are half price this week, so took 50% off. Came to $4. something. Couldn't believe it - that's 12 1/2 cents each! :yes Pile included 4 Decorative Crochet and 25 Magic Crochet! All in perfect condition. When I got home i checked them with the ones I already had, and not 1 duplicate. Couldn't believe it. Sorry about the rambling on, but i'm still so excited. :D Jan.

Today, i had to get my flu shot,:eek so decided to go downtown early and hit the thrift shops. First i went to Value Village, and found one (1) Magic Crochet. WhooHoo- never found one there before. Cost me 69cents. :yes Well my day was made but still had lots of time before my appointment, so on the the next shop. Well, this shop sells magazines for 25cents, I started flipping thru their craft books and there they were, 36 crochet magazines.I grabbed the pile and went to the checkout, she rang up $8+ then said books and mags are half price this week, so took 50% off. Came to $4. something. Couldn't believe it - that's 12 1/2 cents each! :yes Pile included 4 Decorative Crochet and 25 Magic Crochet! All in perfect condition. When I got home i checked them with the ones I already had, and not 1 duplicate. Couldn't believe it. Sorry about the rambling on, but i'm still so excited. :D Jan.

Whoa girl!!!!

God obviously loves you best :wlol

I used to buy magic crochet (and have given them away :eek) so I am completely jealous now.

What is a magic crochet hook ?

Does it do the crochet for you ? HaHaHa Seriously have never heard of this.

I can't believe how lucky you are. If someone flukes a book at the op-shop for me, it usually ends up being a double which I then pass on to my wicca friend who taught me how to read a pattern. The best find that I ever had was an early 1900 edging book that my Mum found at a Garage Sale and brought for me because she knows that:-

1) I love crochet

2) Old books are heavenly to me.

Score!:tup I lost a large stash of Crochet Magic magazines in a broken water pipe incident many years ago. I never pass a garage sale, thrift store etc without checking for them. My stash is slowly growing again. :hook

Sheryl

Wow that is great!

I loved Magic and Decorative crochet magazines. I use to make doilies or things in thread all the time and loved the diagrams. I think I liked Magic Crochet best because the picture was on one page and the pattern on the next. Then I could just flip over to see the picture as I was working on it. I just wish they had easier large tableclothes and bedspreads, they were always "advanced" or "experienced" or once in a while "top expert".

Debbi

Thanks for all the comments, everybody. Can't remember who said what, but I'll tell you one thing- I won't be selling them, Ebay or anywhere else-when the time comes and I can't use them anymore, I'll find somebody who'll love them like I do, hopefully one of my granddaughters (5 & 7yrs now). My 2 daughters know how to crochet, so maybe they'll pick it up again when their lives slow down. My oldest loves doilies, especially flower ones, and that's good because the stack in the drawer is growing.:yes Off to Vancouver tomorrow to take in a basketball game (Arizona Suns and Seattle Sonics). My DH is good about stopping at any thrift store we pass just so i can 'look'. :devil Let you know if I find anything. Jan.

Archived