Another ebay thief

How awful, but I'm glad it had a happy ending. The 'ville is a great place!!:manyheart

You had said you wanteded to find out how to put a text message on your photos. Most of us are running Microsoft, which comes with the Paint program. You can upload your photo into Paint, and add the text.

o-choose a color

o-click the text tool

o-two icons will appear on the right side, choose the bottom one, so the background of your text will be invisible

o-Place the cursor where you want the text to start.

o-Type your message. Select the text and right click if you want to change the font

o-If you click outside the text box, your text is "cast in stone", so if you want to reposition or resize the text box, do it before clicking!

o-If you mess up, thank goodness for edit>undo :lol

That's it!

Thank you for this. i was trying to make Paint dot Net do it but it was not working (ok maybe it was my brain that was not working :wlol ). I would like to have a "file" that I can just add when the pic is finished with resizing and or rotating. Is there a way to do this?

i will keep your notes and try again with a different pic. (the last one is toast :eek) :rofl

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that program, but it looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately the Microsoft Paint program is rather primitive, and you can't have 2 MSPaint files open at once so you can't paste the image from one file into another.

But, this works: You can save your copyright message in a text file (like Notepad), select the text, copy it, then go to your already opened image file in MSPaint. Follow the directions in my other post until you get to the "type your message" part, instead of typing, paste the copied text. You may need to resize the text box to fit it in.

Hope this works for you!

I'm sorry it happened but I'm glad it worked out for you. Although I'm not into making doll clothes, it's very sweet of you to share your patterns with us.

I took a quick look at her stuff and those baby scratch mitts look familiar too.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that program, but it looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately the Microsoft Paint program is rather primitive, and you can't have 2 MSPaint files open at once so you can't paste the image from one file into another.

!

if you have a picture in Paint, you can use the "Paste From" command under the edit menu to add another pic. I can't find a similar item listed in my Paint dot Net though. by the way, if you get Paint dot Net you do not lose your Paint program.

I need to go back and play with my notice as it is currently a blank 'page'. I did something to layer the text and it is just gone...:yes

Darski,

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. Your doll clothes are amazing and I have been one of those that was very thankful to reseive these patterns for you. My nieces daughter just loves them. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Its nice to know that there are people out there that will fight for you when they know something is just WRONG. I am glad to see that she took her stuff down but unfortunately this never really stops them all. I hope at least one person learns a lesson from this.

you can always check out myImager at http://www.myimager.com/

Click on file >> open then Browse. browse thru your files and find the pic you want to write on.

Click on Effects >> Text and it'll bring you to a page where you can type what you want, pick the size and font and click on the picture where you want the words to be.

It's much easier than it looks at first. Try it out and play around for a litte bit. It's fun to see allthe different things you can do with your pictures.

you can always check out myImager at http://www.myimager.com/

It's much easier than it looks at first. Try it out and play around for a litte bit. It's fun to see allthe different things you can do with your pictures.

That isn't too bad to use but I will still have to save every image to my computer and then upload them all to photobucket again. it wouldn't let me save to photobucket...well I couldn't make it work. I so hate all that address stuff... :sigh

(I'm sensing a pattern here of me not being able to use graphics programs :rofl )

2415049201_86186.jpg

I've bookmarked it - thanks.

darski, i feel so angry and frustrated for you. I for one, appreciate the fact that you're so willing to share your patterns, and are so helpful when asked for advice about those patterns. I'm am so glad that things turned out ok in the end. I love your patterns sooooo much.

birdlady1, that was really great of you to help out as you did.:clap:cheer A big thanks from me, cause without people like you, I wouldn't be able to share darski's wonderful patterns.

It is so frustrating that there are people out there so willing to profit from other peoples hard work. GRRR!

I think that is so terrible, especially since Darski was nice enough to share all of her patterns with us for free. I have started making the clothes and I know some other people have too. If anyone should make money on the patterns it should be her. Did you notice that the woman's english was strange and her spelling was off? I scrolled down and read her little description of the pattern. Darski, I wish you luck on getting her to remove that. She shouldn't be allowed to make money off of your stuff.

I think that is so terrible, especially since Darski was nice enough to share all of her patterns with us for free. I have started making the clothes and I know some other people have too. If anyone should make money on the patterns it should be her. Did you notice that the woman's english was strange and her spelling was off? I scrolled down and read her little description of the pattern. Darski, I wish you luck on getting her to remove that. She shouldn't be allowed to make money off of your stuff.

She has removed everything as it seems they were all taken from the Web.

She has removed everything as it seems they were all taken from the Web.

Darski,

That's great! Your discovery of an eBay thief yielded fabulous results! Maybe she'll at least hesitate to do this again. And you're now armed to prevent them from using the results of your creativity!! :clap:clap

No I was asking where your pattern was for the cheerleading outfit? I have only seen your pattern for the Christmas dress.

i think maybe I have been doing this too long. I didn't know I did a Christmas dress... need to check my files...<< searches desperately through everything>>

:rofl

Darski I feel your pain. Was she using your photos as well?

Yes. I only saw the primary photo but I have no doubt she would have just removed my copyright info and turned them into PDF's

...Which makes me think that I should include those books in all future pics as they are rather distinctive if they are in every pattern.

Someone did the same to me once. It was one of my teacosies. The photo was my teapot on my kitchen table with the kitchen in the background. These people are very cheeky ! It just shows how lazy they are!

That isn't too bad to use but I will still have to save every image to my computer and then upload them all to photobucket again. it wouldn't let me save to photobucket...well I couldn't make it work.

It'll be a small price to pay for the safety of your patterns. Just for the heck of it, I downloaded the photo that had your Darski Creations across the top and was UNABLE to remove the text. Then again, I don't have the most state-of-the-art software and I'm not the smartest computer person on the planet.

It'll be a small price to pay for the safety of your patterns. Just for the heck of it, I downloaded the photo that had your Darski Creations across the top and was UNABLE to remove the text. Then again, I don't have the most state-of-the-art software and I'm not the smartest computer person on the planet.

That is good to know. if they can just remove the thing it doesn't help. i was hoping there was a "watermark" assignment I could make -- oh well. I'll have to check picassa..

I think my paint program would do the same thing if I didn't layer it. I was just trying to find a lazy man's way of getting them done without having to redo every post and picture.

That is good to know. if they can just remove the thing it doesn't help. i was hoping there was a "watermark" assignment I could make

A lot of eBay sellers I know use the watermark method so it doesn't cover their item. They run it from the lower left to the upper right. If you want, I can ask a few of them what program they use and how they do it.,

Archived