Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few Dishcloths (pattern is from Bernat.. but not a current one, it's on the web archive, so I can't post the link according to Crochetville rules. sorry.)

th_BernatSunflowerDishcloth_Red.jpg

th_BernatSunflowerDishcloth_PurpleGree.jpg

th_BernatSunflowerDishcloth.jpg

And a couple of Santa Hot Mats. One in Red, the other in Burgundy.

th_SantaHotMat_2nd_Burgundy.jpg

th_SantaHotMat_1st_Front.jpg

I love those dishcloths! Different and very pretty! The Santa hotpads are cute, they made me smile.

You know, I'm not really keeping up, considering I started this thing, lol! I've made one hotpad lately. As I explained in a different thread, I can only focus on one thing at a time, and lately it's been weight loss. As these healthier habits become more of a habit for me, I'll be able to return to normal crochet time. If I try to sit down and crochet now, though, I'll end up sitting on the couch for hours! (Admit it - you guys do it, too!)

So, I'm only allowing myself small bits of crochet time. As soon as I replace the batteries in my camera I'll post my hotpad pic.

Everybody's cloths and hotpads look great!

Amanda

Those are from this book.

89354b.jpg

These are the ones I did some of mine in. The spiral one and a few others. I like this book.

I finished one more today, no pic, but it's just like the others on my blog. I did it at lunch while I had a moment. Just 2 rows of SC, one row of DC until I was finished with 2 more rows of SC and 2 rows of SC for the boarder. Easy peasy.

Cheryl, that is funny! I haven't had that problem yet, but only a few poeple know I make them. I've kept these ones hidden that I"m doing in red/white/blue because I know one coworker here will want to buy them all.... LOL. And they might be a gift for a few people around here (most of us wash dishes from our lunches or snacks). Oh you could put it on your computer for Monday too so you remember to get out your cotton or make sure you have some.

Those Santa hotpads are super cute!:cheer

Debbi

Two Potholders.. patterns were free from AnniesAttic this past spring or summer.. don't remember exact date.

th_VioletsPotHolder6Nov2007.jpg

th_RosePotholder6Nov2007.jpg

Dishcloth pattern I made up (sorry that the white on white is hard to see):

th_SnowTreeDishcloth6Nov2007.jpg

Snowflake Coasters

th_SnowflakeCoasters.jpg

The Santa HotMat shown earlier came from here. I didn't follow the pattern exactly... I figured out a way to keep from cutting the yarn on each row when making the square for the front. Also, the pattern says to crochet the front and back together and then sew on the face...I find it easier to sew the nose, eyes, eyebrows & mustache on (in that order) Then attach the back and then put the hat trim on. That way you have little or even NO sewing showing on the back. Mine doesn't show anyways. Hope someone else makes one so I can see their take on that pattern.

Lisa -

You sure have been busy. And you have put me to shame. :blush I totally forgot yesterday was Tuesday and I was to work on a dishcloth. Instead, I finished a scarf and started working on another yo yo lapghan. Tonight I will dig and see what cotton I have left. I really need to hit Walmart to get more cotton. I have a few partial balls lying around.

I know it's not Tuesday, but I NEED a dishcloth and will finish a simple, all hdc one tonight~and I thought of y'all! My plan was to do dishcloths for Christmas presents, and while a different pattern is my favorite, this makes up so QUICK! LOL! and I always have such lofty goals to complete~I might just keep saying I'm new and continue to make these simple ones, as TIME is slipping away from me all too fast! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

OMG, too cute. With Family Dollar and cloths being real, and I mean reall cheap it would be so hard for me to do this. But, I applaud you ladies! Gone 'head with your bad selves.

sandi, if you do one or two a week, you can have a handful for Christmas gifts. Those simple HDC ones are nice stitches and work up quick. I've done them.

Cloth ones are not necessarily cheaper, yes you can get 12 for $5 or so, I can get a cone of cotton for $6.50 or so at walmart and I have made 12 so far and still have yarn on the cone.. However, those that are cheap are not very durable and these are so nice. I have a coworker who bought some from me because her hubby wouldn't do dishes unless he had crocheted dishcloths to use:lol.

Plus these are fun to make and you can do different stitches, I did most of the 63 Squares for the Heirloom afghan book in dishcloths. Learned new stitches and had gifts for everyone.

But you don't have to do them, some don't like them or want to do them. That's what I love about crochet, so many things to make... so little time...

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...

What a great idea! If you don't mind I'd like to join you all :)

I've been learning to crochet by doing dishcloths, but decided to try out an afghan for a change of scenery hehe. Haven't done a dishcloth in a couple of weeks! So schedueling a specific day just to make some dishcloths would be a nice change of pace.

I did do mine~ch 31, hdc til I had a square, sc around in white, finish with a scalloped border. I've done nine more without the border so far and have lots more I hope to finish. Anyone else's fingers hurtin'? LOL! and my biceps are even sore~I must have a vice grip on my hook and yarn! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the pattern used, you can get about two dishcloths from a skein of Sugar 'N Cream crochet cotton, with a little wad of yarn left over. Hmmm, what to do with those little leftover wads? Well, of course, you take them all and make a dishcloth of many colors.

th_DishclothofManyColors1.jpg

LOL LOL Isn't that cool?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to join this dishcloth tuesday--I have lots of cones to use up. I have one done and working on another now. Post pixs later.

Love all the ones Ive seen so many to chose from.:D

Archived