Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

Designating a specific day to make dishcloths/face cloths is a really good idea! Forces you - but in a nice way - to work on only this type of project!

And Mel - the ones for your DD are so cute! I love the yarn!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a newbie in a crocheting world and I haven't tried making any dishcloths, I started with coasters in grade school, totally forgot about it and started making squares when I decided to go back working with my hook.

I guess I'll practice more with potholders, I don't think we will be needing any dishcloth in the house. Weird.

I did complete 1 and I'm hoping to complete another one by the end of the week. I know it's supposed to be on Tuesdays but with my schedule, it's whatever day of the week I can fit it in (sorry).

Here's a pic while it was a WIP. I'll post the completed pic tomorrow.

101_0738-1.jpg

Hubby and I were talking about my WIPS last night (luckily he is very supportive). My yo yo afghan for my charity group, the Miles for Smiles CAL here on the 'Ville and Dishcloth Tuesdays. When I said this one, he gave me this funny look. WHy dischcloths on Tuesdays only? Had to explain to him that on Tuesdays, my goal is to make one dishcloth. He thought this was odd, but a neat idea. Just wanted to share.

It looks great! ou should probably resize your photo,though. There is a size limit listed in the rules forum, and it tells you how to resize. Good work!

Amanda

Hi everybody! I won't be making a dishcloth this week or next, since I'm on vacation and didn't bring any cotton with me!

Amanda

What?? Vacation and no cotton?? Please tell me you did bring some ww yarn and hooks with you. lol

Enjoy and relax

I made matching dishcloths and potholders for dishcloth Tuesday. I think they will probably be Christmas gifts.

Those are so pretty. And they will make great gifts

What?? Vacation and no cotton?? Please tell me you did bring some ww yarn and hooks with you. lol

Enjoy and relax

Actually, I brought 4 WIPs with me! I just couldn't bring everything...snowflake mondays are getting skipped, too. I am working on a sweater for a friend's daughter, an ornament for an exchange, my cards for a card swap, and a tree skirt. Oh, and we stopped at a flea mall on the road, and I got 12 skeins of yarn for $10 bucks - they just need to be washed :yuck!

Amanda

Actually, I brought 4 WIPs with me! I just couldn't bring everything...snowflake mondays are getting skipped, too. I am working on a sweater for a friend's daughter, an ornament for an exchange, my cards for a card swap, and a tree skirt. Oh, and we stopped at a flea mall on the road, and I got 12 skeins of yarn for $10 bucks - they just need to be washed :yuck!

Amanda

And don't forget the walking you need to do for the Miles to Smiles CAL. lol Sounds like you are having a very crochet busy vacation. :D

And don't forget the walking you need to do for the Miles to Smiles CAL. lol Sounds like you are having a very crochet busy vacation. :D

I'm bad about taking on a lot of projects at once...oh well, keeps life interesting, and my hands can't be caught in the cookie jar if they are holding hooks and yarn :devil

Jaded Moon beautiful work.

I was able to do one at lunch today, start it. It was #55 Parallel Post Stitch in the 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches.

I did the amount of stitches they said to do and it's all ready 9 1/2 " wide. Using an H hook and crocheting lose.

1dishcloth.jpg

I don't know how the top ended up striped like that... :think But it gives it an interesting look.

I have a few more inches to go and then I'm done.

Debbi

I did it! 2 weeks in a row! :clap This one was a little bit of a challenge and I could not figure out why. :think The stitch used is called "paired stitch" from the Crochet Stitch Bible. It is just crocheting 2 sc's together. I have done this before, but my count kept being off for the first couple rows. (Loosing a stitch each row) Finally figured out where the stitch was being dropped. From there on out, it went quick. Something new learned and another dishcloth for my stash.

th_Picture935.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. See ya again next Tuesday.:hook

Jaded Moon beautiful work.

I was able to do one at lunch today, start it. It was #55 Parallel Post Stitch in the 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches.

I did the amount of stitches they said to do and it's all ready 9 1/2 " wide. Using an H hook and crocheting lose.

1dishcloth.jpg

I don't know how the top ended up striped like that... :think But it gives it an interesting look.

I have a few more inches to go and then I'm done.

Debbi

Thank you Debbi for the nice compliment.

I like the colors of your dishcloth, what brand and color is that? I always like working with var. yarn, you never know what is going to happen, :).

I did it! 2 weeks in a row! :clap This one was a little bit of a challenge and I could not figure out why. :think The stitch used is called "paired stitch" from the Crochet Stitch Bible. It is just crocheting 2 sc's together. I have done this before, but my count kept being off for the first couple rows. (Loosing a stitch each row) Finally figured out where the stitch was being dropped. From there on out, it went quick. Something new learned and another dishcloth for my stash.

th_Picture935.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. See ya again next Tuesday.:hook

Very nice, I need to get my hands on this crochet stitch bible, :lol. I like the hook also btw ;).

Looks great everyone! My stitch bible is an old out-of-print Harmony Guide. I checked it out from the library and liked it so much I tried to find my own copy.Couldn't get one for less than sixty bucks! So, I brokered a more reasonable price with the library and bought their copy:hook . So glad they let me...

Amanda

Looks great everyone! My stitch bible is an old out-of-print Harmony Guide. I checked it out from the library and liked it so much I tried to find my own copy.Couldn't get one for less than sixty bucks! So, I brokered a more reasonable price with the library and bought their copy:hook . So glad they let me...

Amanda

I would have never thought of doing that. What a great idea! Mine came from my son at Christmas last year.

Thank you Debbi for the nice compliment.

I like the colors of your dishcloth, what brand and color is that? I always like working with var. yarn, you never know what is going to happen, :).

It's Peaches & Cream the one on the cone at walmart, and Just red/white/blue verigated on the inside of the cone it says "Faded Glory".

I read on another post that the verigated helps keep dirt hidden in them and I never thought or worred about that for myself, but for gifts it might be a good idea. Of course I like the solid cotton yarns too.

Debbi

Very nice, I need to get my hands on this crochet stitch bible, :lol. I like the hook also btw ;).

Had to giggle when I read your comment about the hook. Traveled from FL all the way to Alaska to get that hook. (vacation) After I bought it, I read where it was made....California. lol And I thought I had a true vacation "find" lol

Had to giggle when I read your comment about the hook. Traveled from FL all the way to Alaska to get that hook. (vacation) After I bought it, I read where it was made....California. lol And I thought I had a true vacation "find" lol

:rofl

Archived