Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debbie, I do double crochet when I have a little time left over. Plus they're great to go in pairs with a more advance stitch one. This way you're giving someone variety and everyone gets something. That's my plan with the basic dishclothes.

Debbi (no 'e' on the end to confuse people:lol )

Debbi, your cloths are great! When we go on vacation, we stop at just about every flea market/antique mall that we see a billboard for. I saw lost of pretty thread dishcloths and potholders. There was one that I'd love to make (in cotton). It had a ring for hanging in the center, and then worked outward in a circle. Anybody seen a pattern like that?

Also, has anybody ever actually used a thread dishcloth or potholder? My grandmother has several, but she only uses them for decoration.

Amanda

Debbi, your cloths are great! When we go on vacation, we stop at just about every flea market/antique mall that we see a billboard for. I saw lost of pretty thread dishcloths and potholders. There was one that I'd love to make (in cotton). It had a ring for hanging in the center, and then worked outward in a circle. Anybody seen a pattern like that?

Also, has anybody ever actually used a thread dishcloth or potholder? My grandmother has several, but she only uses them for decoration.

Amanda

Thank you.

I've never saw that one before, with the circle in the center. Too bad you didn't have a camera;) , that's what cell phones are great for;) .

Maybe you could try one. I know they sell plastic circle rings in the craft department, and you can crochet around them...

So was it a circle dishcloth or square one?

Hmm...

Debbi

Hey Debbie - Love the stitch you used. As for last Tuesday? I was dead to the world. We picked our daughter up from the airport Monday night at 11:45 PM!! Of course, the Navy couldn't fly her in at the airport 45 minutes from home. NOOOOO!!! They had to fly her into Jacksonville - 2 hours away. LOL That is o.k. Atleast she is home with us now.

Next Tuesday I will have to double up on the dishcloths. lol

Beautiful dishclothes!

I've been working on scarfs for Christmas gifts to get a head start and wanted to finish one, so I did that on Tuesday instead. I think I'll continue doing these and give some to my friend for Christmas, she just had twins (yesterday). I gave her 2 "washcloths" at her baby shower, but you can never have too many with 4 kids, 2 dogs, and a husband.:lol

Debbi

It's a combination of double crochets and chains and single crochets. It is from Marlo's Crochet, if you have her website. It's called a Chain Stitch Wash Cloth. I made mine smaller, starting with only 28 chains, and I only did a ch 2 where the pattern calls for ch 4.

Those are very pretty Debbie, what stitch are those?

I have some new dishcloths made :clap:clap

They were all made with Sugar N Cream.

Shades Of Green

th_ShadesOfGreen.jpg

Potpourri Ombre

th_PotpourriOmbre.jpg

Floral Prints (I think that is the name)

Made a washcloth and matching facecloth.

th_FloralPrints.jpg

All Clickable

I made matching dishcloths and potholders for dishcloth Tuesday. I think they will probably be Christmas gifts.

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

Were these also from that book? I have that book and don't remember these... maybe I need to go and look again. :)

What a great idea!!

Just saw your thread. I've been quietly making dishcloths whenever I get a moment and like the idea of reserving a Tuesday for this. Problem is, I just have to remember to do it on a Tuesday. I think I'll put a task in my e-mail to remind me on Tuesdays when I start my computer. :lol

Funny thing is, I wanted to make some for myself.

As I started the first one, I discovered that the church sale was fast approaching and our "dishcloth lady" will no longer be making stuff. Okay, so I decided to make a few for the church.

Then, in the PTA office at my daughters' school, there was a big discussion about how there isn't even a dishcloth handy to clean up with. Okay, there went some more dishcloths.

A few days ago at my friend's house, she was using a dishcloth (that looked like it had definitely seen better days :eek) and mentioned that her mom hadn't sent her a replacement in ages. Okay, there's another one.

If you make them, they will go...:P

The point of the story---I still don't have a dishcloth for myself! :no

I guess if I make one every week, eventually I'll have one for myself.

Cheryl.

P.S. Here's my favourite crochet pattern:

http://www.kaleidesigns.com/crochet/patterns/archive/dish005.html

The Chain Stitch Washcloth I started, ummm, last week (??) finally got finished 2 nights ago. (Was working on an lapghan too) Thank you Debbie for sharing the site for this pattern.

Can't upload any pics 'cause my puter is slowly dying. The color used was ecru. I need to go to the dreaded Wal Mart and get more cotton. I have enough left to make a few small dishcloths, then my cotton stash will be all gone. And we all know that this is just not acceptable. lol

Have a great weekend!

A few Dishcloths (pattern is from Bernat.. but not a current one, it's on the web archive, so I can't post the link according to Crochetville rules. sorry.)

th_BernatSunflowerDishcloth_Red.jpg

th_BernatSunflowerDishcloth_PurpleGree.jpg

th_BernatSunflowerDishcloth.jpg

And a couple of Santa Hot Mats. One in Red, the other in Burgundy.

th_SantaHotMat_2nd_Burgundy.jpg

th_SantaHotMat_1st_Front.jpg

Archived