Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was writing a post before your last post and my Firefox shut down on me. But I was saying how much I like working in the bump on the chain. I did it for the first time when I made Krakovianka's dishcloth pattern and it does make a nice finished looking edge.

When I get around to yours and if I have any questions, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks again!

:hug

I was writing a post before your last post and my Firefox shut down on me. But I was saying how much I like working in the bump on the chain. I did it for the first time when I made Krakovianka's dishcloth pattern and it does make a nice finished looking edge.

When I get around to yours and if I have any questions, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks again!

I go into the back bump all the time now. I love how it gives a finished edge, and it matches the ending row, so if you don't put a border on, you can't tell the beginning from the end.

Tristi I like both of those! This week i didn't finish a single dishcloth on tuesday, but I worked on my Michigan Cherries one, I'm on a crunch to finish a blanket for my 5 yo dd, and school has started ( i home school) so there is less and less time in a day.

Trish I like both of those! This week i didn't finish a single dishcloth on tuesday, but I worked on my Michigan Cherries one, I'm on a crunch to finish a blanket for my 5 yo dd, and school has started ( i home school) so there is less and less time in a day.

Just as a side note... my name is Tristi, not trish ;) its easy to mistake as Tristi is NOT a common name

However, mt point for posting is I have great respect for you for homeschooling... I tried. I kept my DD home for kindergarten and it was pure misery for both of us... we're too much alike and clash and butt heads... near the end of the school year, she said "mommy, I want friends"... how could I say no?

Hi. I am ready to make a dishcloth this week, but I don't have a camera to send up pictures. I hope that is okay here? I can send the link up to the group and tell you guys what color and yarn I chose, if that will be fine? :think

Tristi I like both of those! This week i didn't finish a single dishcloth on tuesday, but I worked on my Michigan Cherries one, I'm on a crunch to finish a blanket for my 5 yo dd, and school has started ( i home school) so there is less and less time in a day.

What is the Michigan Cherries one? :yarn

Sure it's okay, Lydia. Although we'll all be disappointed that we won't get to see what you make. And yes, that would be perfect if you to give us the links, colors and yarn you use. Do you have a regular camera? You could always scan the prints, upload them to an online photo storage site, and then post them.

Hi. I am ready to make a dishcloth this week, but I don't have a camera to send up pictures. I hope that is okay here? I can send the link up to the group and tell you guys what color and yarn I chose, if that will be fine? :think

Well, nobody responded about the other dishcloth cal so I guess we'll stay here. Like I said, we've got a good group here and I'm satisfied.

Hey Ladies! There's another dishcloth cal. Wanna move and join them? I like "the more the merrier" but we'll do whatever you want to do. We're getting a pretty good group here! :yes

Very nice, Tristi! For some reason, I just don't enjoy the Tunisian way. Tried to participate in the Tunisian CAL on Ravelry but just didn't like doing it. I love the results, though.

I've got pics I need to take off my camera and upload to Photobucket and just haven't done it.:blush

2 dish cloths I have made the last 2 weeks. Made the orange one last tuesday and the tunisian christmas one this tuesday... been slow getting things posted

th_wavesorange.jpgth_tksdishcloth.jpg

hope you like them ;)

Hey Mel! I made your dishcloth and had no problems at all with it. The only question I have, and I have it with some other patterns, too, is when you ch1, turn, do you sc in that very 1st st where the ch1 is? Or do you make the 1st sc in the 2nd one? I made my sc in the 2nd one and let the ch1 "lie down" to be the 1st one. Hope this makes sense and ain't as clear as mud. :lol

Another Tuesday -- another dishcloth !!

HPIM0848.jpg

Another of the dress dishcloths that I like to make. Very easy to make and so pretty.

HPIM0850.jpg

This is not a dishcloth -- it's a double thick potholder -- the kind that you work around and around and it folds into itself to make a square hot pad. Lots of fun to make and it really is nice and thick.

Another Tuesday -- another dishcloth !!

HPIM0848.jpg

Another of the dress dishcloths that I like to make. Very easy to make and so pretty.

HPIM0850.jpg

This is not a dishcloth -- it's a double thick potholder -- the kind that you work around and around and it folds into itself to make a square hot pad. Lots of fun to make and it really is nice and thick.

very pretty love the colors. happytee

Hey Mel! I made your dishcloth and had no problems at all with it. The only question I have, and I have it with some other patterns, too, is when you ch1, turn, do you sc in that very 1st st where the ch1 is? Or do you make the 1st sc in the 2nd one? I made my sc in the 2nd one and let the ch1 "lie down" to be the 1st one. Hope this makes sense and ain't as clear as mud. :lol

I am glad to hear you had no problems with it.

I have done it both ways. On this pattern, it makes no difference which way you do it.

Did you post a picture of it? I don't recall seeing it. Then again, my memory is shot with all the meds I'm on right now.

I really did have all good intentions of making a dishcloth yesterday. Even printed out a pattern during lunch. Then hubby called and invited me to meet up with him after work. Ended up meeting up with not only him, but all 3 of our adult kids (and the boyfriend that is attached to our daughter). So, maybe tonight I will pull out that pattern and give it a shot. Don't give up on me....I am still here. lol

I did it! I finished my second dishcloth! :cheer Of course, I finished it it two days instead of one.:blush I was at the craft store the other night and bought a book called The Big Book of Dishclothes. It has 99 different patterns,I decided I was going to start at the beginning and see if I can complete all 99. Of course, I don't know what I am going to do with that many but it just seems like fun to me!!! I haven't posted any pictures because I haven't figured that part out yet, but as soon as I do I will post them.

Have a great day!

Renee

I am working on dishcloths, kitchen items, a baby blanket and one bootie to go with the other bootie :haha, and crinoline lady doilies. Not making headway with pictures though. But I'll get a round tuit. (that's around to it) Ever see those little round wooden things that have the word "tuit" on them? I need a lot of round tuits.

Sometimes I just get in a funk and don't want to do things. So that's why no one heard from me yesterday. You're probably glad I didn't add to your private message inbox! :lol Well, except for those of you who like to see that little window pop up saying you have a message. I know, I like to see it too.

Gonna go have a Stargate marathon and watch about 8 episodes of Season 9 while I finish the baby blanket and the one bootie and who knows, maybe something else.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry, I didn't look over the posts but I will next time. Everyone have fun!

:hug:ghug

Thanks, Mel, for the offer to pm anytime but it's not that kind of funk. Actually, I don't know what kind of funk it is.:lol Sometimes I just lose or misplace my crochet mojo. When that has happened in the past, Krystal16 or one of the other members in the infamous Sky CAL usually had it.:lol

But thanks again for the open door. I may need it at some point in time. My doc has put me on a medication, Lamictal, that has been used with soldiers who experience post traumatic stress after returning home from the battlefield. She said research has discovered a specific gene in these individuals which causes their problems. This Lamictal is supposed to help level out your mood. It takes about 4-5 weeks to know if it's gonna help and I've been taking it for 2 weeks now, going into my 3rd week. So, I'm hoping and praying it works for me. Yes, I've experienced some stuff in my life that could result in post traumatic stress.

I did it! I finished my second dishcloth! :cheer Of course, I finished it it two days instead of one.:blush I was at the craft store the other night and bought a book called The Big Book of Dishclothes. It has 99 different patterns,I decided I was going to start at the beginning and see if I can complete all 99. Of course, I don't know what I am going to do with that many but it just seems like fun to me!!! I haven't posted any pictures because I haven't figured that part out yet, but as soon as I do I will post them.

Have a great day!

Renee

Renee - Your dishcloths turned out great! Have fun making the 99 dishcloths. (maybe I need to find that book!). I am doing the same thing with a granny square book mom gave me. 100 Squares - seems like a lot, but I have about 15 already done. Can't wait to see what else comes off your hook.

Oh, and no I still have not done my Tuesday dishcloth. Seem to be getting home from work later than normal for some reason. Maybe tonight?? I have the pattern, the yarn and the hook. Just need the time.

Archived