Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just love this idea. I have been crocheting forever but have yet to do a single dish cloth. I may just have to jump on this band wagon.

• 2 weeks later...

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n366/carlajob/1216694895.jpgOkay, as a break from the doily along CAL, I went ahead and crocheted 2 dishcloths from s&c a lady from church gave me. I used Krakovianka's pattern. And two small testers that the dogs kept trying to play tug of war with, so those ended up being their toys.:)

1216694895.jpg?t=1216695392

The above are the two dishcloths i did. The 3x3 post it notes are for a reference of the size of the cloths.

• 1 month later...

Anybody still interested in Dishcloth Tuesdays? I have so much Sugar 'n Cream and Peaches & Creme that it's ridiculous and I want to make some to send to my long time best friend. That is, if I can remember when it's Tuesday. :lol

Then let's get together next Tuesday! I know how I will remember...I'll put it on my Yahoo calendar or try out my Windows calendar that DH has been using for himself.

Amanda started this awhile back and here's what she had to say:

I decided to institute Dishcloth Tuesdays on my blog to force myself to make some dishcloths! You see, we moved and after the movers left, we couldn't find any dishcloths. I kept telling my husband, "Don't buy any; I'll make some." Three months later, I have two. That's it. It;s pathetic, I know.

So, inspired by Snowflake Mondays (a webring to which I belong), I am announcing Dishcloth Tuesdays. I'm not starting a webring (frankly, I know nothing about doing it and don't have the time), so it's an unofficial thing, but anybody who feels the burning desire to make dishcloths is more than welcome to take up the banner and shout, "YAY! DISHCLOTH TUESDAY IS HERE!"

You can see my first one here:

http://amandascrochetconfessional.blogspot.com/2007/09/dishcloth-tuesday-1.html

It's not pretty; it's functional (truth: I almost forgot to do one).

Amanda:hook

So, I'd say just make at least one dishcloth each Tuesday.

Well I am on a big dishcloth kick and I have a dishcloth on my needle right now. I have knit several dishcloths this month. I am currently working a Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth. I love the pattern it is very quick and easy and looks great in ombre's and varigated and also self striping cotton. I have posted pictures of recent dishcloths on my blog crochetgoddess.

Theresa, I'm gonna have to check out your blog. Is the Grandmother's Favorite on there? Is it a free pattern?

You can find the pattern at http://www.jimsyldesign.com Then go to dishcloth Boutique. Some great pattern listed and they are free. I think the Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth is on page 2 of the knitting patterns. I got mine from a link on Ravelry. I just can't seem to stop knitting these dishcloths. I have to find all my varigated yarn in my stash and use it to make this dishcloth. I think I will make some for the family for Christmas!

Well I'm going to join this for Tuesdays, sounds like some fun! And I have a book of patterns I want to complete, although my dishcloths will be knit at first. I also LOVE the Fire Blossom Dishcloth over on crochet pattern central, it is so easy, a great size, and works up super fast!

Let's get busy and make a dishcloth today! And I don't care what anyone says, "KNITTING" is not a dirty word! :lol

:crocheting:knit:crocheting:knit:crocheting :knit:crocheting :knit:crocheting :knit:crocheting :knit:crocheting :knit

not too sure 'bout that knitting smiley...she/he looks bewildered, confused

Now I'm going back to :sleep. CU later!

Here is my completed dishcloth from my first Dishcloth Tuesday! I used the pattern for the Pineapple Dishcloth I have company coming just after 1 o'clock today, so I didn't have time to do a knitted one, I will work on that sunflower later tonight though. But wanted to make sure I completed one. I took a picture of it hanging off the window latch next to my comp so you can see the detail of the pineapple, unfortunately it doesn't show very well with the verigated that i used. The color is painted dessert.

th_DSC01420.jpg

th_DSC01421.jpg

Very nice and lovely, Jadyn. Or is your name Ada?

I'm confused though. That looks like 2 dishcloths to me. I love painted dessert.

Enjoy your company today!

I don't know the link to the dishcloth I'm making :eek! But it's Krakovianka's favorite. She calls it "Just the way I like 'em". She says she likes her dishcloths light and stretchy. No dc stitches--too thick and bulky--and doesn't like holes. Wants to be able to wring it out well. I am in total agreement so that's why I'm making this one.

If anyone wants me to find the link, I'll pm her. Or maybe someone knows the link???

So, I'm off to finish it.

:hug

I don't know the link to the dishcloth I'm making :eek! But it's Krakovianka's favorite. She calls it "Just the way I like 'em". She says she likes her dishcloths light and stretchy. No dc stitches--too thick and bulky--and doesn't like holes. Wants to be able to wring it out well. I am in total agreement so that's why I'm making this one.

If anyone wants me to find the link, I'll pm her. Or maybe someone knows the link???

So, I'm off to finish it.

:hug

link is http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72991

I am a big fan as well

Archived