Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

Renee - Your dishcloths turned out great! Have fun making the 99 dishcloths. (maybe I need to find that book!). I am doing the same thing with a granny square book mom gave me. 100 Squares - seems like a lot, but I have about 15 already done. Can't wait to see what else comes off your hook.

Jana - Wow! How cool! 100 Granny Squares... What are you going to do with them when you are done? I think I might send some of my dishclothes to my son in Oregon, keep some for myself and see if I can donate some to a needy cause. I just don't know if people take handmade dishclothes as donations...:think

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jana - Wow! How cool! 100 Granny Squares... What are you going to do with them when you are done? I think I might send some of my dishclothes to my son in Oregon, keep some for myself and see if I can donate some to a needy cause. I just don't know if people take handmade dishclothes as donations...:think

The granny's that I made already were sent to one of the girls in my charity group. We have 2 girls that collect squares, assemble them, then the finished afghans get mailed to one of the causes we support.

YES!!! There are places that will accept your handmade dishcloths. For one, check out my siggy line. The women's shelter will gladly accept them. Or look in your community for shelters. I bet they would LOVE to have them. Keep your hooks flying!

It is finally done! Sat my behind down last night and made the Tuesday dishcloth.:clap It is from about.com and the pattern is called Pointed Edging Double Crochet Cloth Pattern. Turned out bigger than I expected, but I guess that is o.k. Some people like bigger cloths. Hope to post a pic this weekend.

Now to find a pattern for next Tuesday - or will it be Thursday again. lol

Need to weave in ends and maybe put an edge on it but it was done on Tuesday and I have been diligently working on my flannelghan since :D

th_cloth3.jpg

Tristi - That looks really neat. How did you get the red diagonal stripes in there?

Tristi - That looks really neat. How did you get the red diagonal stripes in there?

It just worked out that way, its a varigated yarn, cherry swirl I think its called.... Its always amazed me at how the varigated yarns somehow do the striping thing on their own....

Well, I was gung-ho to make a dishcloth once a week but to me most of the patterns are cutesy and not practical to use. Therefore, I get tired of making the same pattern over and over.

So I probably won't be on here a whole lot but will post my dishcloth/pot holders/kitchen stuff when I have something.

Have fun everyone! Sorry it didn't last very long for me.

:hug

Sure, after all, it's a free pattern. You'll love it.

This pattern is so easy! I finished it, but won't be able to upload a pic til this weekend. I used Bernat Handicrafter - Blue Grass. Had problems with the cotton splitting on me while doing the tc stitches. But other than that, it was so simple. Thanks for posting the link.

Loving your Dishcloth Tues idea. I have made tond of dishcloths for gifts and also for the food pantires to include in their food baskets. I usually also incluse a bottle of dishsoap and wrap n tuck the dishcloth around it. Seems to add to it.

I will be a part of this, thanks for the idea and sharing.

I am trying so hard to do one dishcloth a week ~ whether it be on Tuesdays or on Fridays. Tonight I made the Waffle Weave dishcloth. It turned out a little bigger than I thought it would. Next time, maybe I'll use a smaller hook size. This one will be mailed to the Pretty Bird Women's shelter on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Still have not had time to take pics and post them from previous dishcloths made. Hopefully this weekend I can do that.

Is anyone else trying to keep up with this CAL?

• 3 weeks later...

I actually printed off this pattern the other day. I just finished the Cathederal Window afgan for my dd for Christmas, so have some breathing room now.

Charlotte

Love it - count me into dishcloth Tuesdays :) I actually made one on Tuesday for a yahoogroup exchange... My husband has been nagging me and nagging me to make some for us... so now I pledge to make 1 a week for a year... or so... lol so we should have lots and lots of dishcloths - at least 52...

Has anyone done this yet?

Yes I have and I liked it. I now made this http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/BK4K-0602003.html?noImages= I guess it is a pot holder or could be a small hot pad. I like it too. Just have to put the edging around it. I have to figure out how to post pictures on here.

Does anyone have or knows where I can get the pattern for the Dishcloth Flowerpots?? I saw these on another thread, and the site is also an aol.hometown site, and is permanently shut down. I don't think it is a free pattern, but I would like to know where I can get it!! It looks like it is an octagonal/circle type pattern, which shouldn't be hard to find, but I guess there is a specific way to fold the dishcloth into a flower. Then there is a dishcloth you make in dark green as the foliage, then insert all in a flower pot. A nice presentation for an inexpensive gift.

• 1 month later...

Archived