Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should have a nice stack for your daughter by then. Great idea!

I'll call you contrary if you want me to unless you're willing to share your first name. I like using first names...friendlier that way. But it's up to you. We can still be friendly. :hug

I'd like to join in this CAL also! I have just started crocheting dishcloths. As a matter of fact, I had just completed one last weekend because I picked up a booklet at JoAnn's about learning a new stitch called Waffle Weave and that was the first pattern in the booklet. It came out very thick and stretchy. I like it a lot!! This will be fun to be able to do more of them. I have two sons that are no longer living at home and it would be nice to make them some and send them so that they have something to remind them of me. Can't wait to start tonight!

Renee

Very nice and lovely, Jadyn. Or is your name Ada?

I'm confused though. That looks like 2 dishcloths to me. I love painted dessert.

Enjoy your company today!

My name is Ada, (Jadyn is the little girl that makes my Avatar). It's just one dishcloth, but in the 1st pic there was no light to show the color, and just the light from outside showing off the design, :lol

Thanks for the link, Tristi. I like both of those patterns. Wonder if they'd look good in variegated.

Andrea has a few on here but my favorite is the wavy dishcloth pattern found here http://knitsandknotsweb.blogspot.com/search/label/free%20pattern

Done in 2 colors it works up easy and looks great!

Interesting about the name Jadyn. Jadyn is the name of the little girl that was my DD's flower girl in 1995. She was about 5 or 6yo, I think. A beautiful little girl. My ex DIL was at the wedding and absolutely loved the name and I knew when her daughter was born a few years later that she would name her Jadyn, and she did.

The pics of your dishcloth make it look like you made a mesh in the pineapple design (1st pic) and then filled it in (2nd pic). Interesting. Gonna have to try that pattern, too.

Did you enjoy your company or are they still there?

My name is Ada, (Jadyn is the little girl that makes my Avatar). It's just one dishcloth, but in the 1st pic there was no light to show the color, and just the light from outside showing off the design, :lol

Praying for your mom's recovery, Mel. And for you too with your back and neck.

I have to go do some stretching exercises for my left upper arm. It's been hurting for 3-4 weeks and I finally went to doc and she sent me to physical therapy, of course. I could probably get it better on my own by just doing the exercises and save all those co-pays which tend to add up.

Went to PT yesterday and did the exercises for the 1st time and, of course, afterwards it hurt worse. The therapist then hooked me up to something bigger and better than a TENS unit which helped a lot. Today I don't have that. She's supposed to put in a script for a TENS unit for me. Used to have one but don't know where it is now since a divorce several years ago. Oh, well.

I made 3 dishcloths while I was at the hospital during my Mom's surgery. I"ll get a picture posted in a bit.....trying to get my back and neck to settle down some right now.

Here is the picture. Sorry it is so dark and they are wonky. It hurts to bend over, so this is the best I could do.

The top two are dishcloths and the bottom one is a Hot Pad.

They are my own creation. I was trying to get ridges and got them. On the dishcloths, one side is ridged and the other is smooth. The hot pad is ridged on both sides.

I still have some tweaking to do on the patterns.

th_082608Dishcloths.jpg

clickable for close up

The pics of your dishcloth make it look like you made a mesh in the pineapple design (1st pic) and then filled it in (2nd pic). Interesting. Gonna have to try that pattern, too.

Did you enjoy your company or are they still there?

Nope the mesh is in the 2nd pic too, just doesn't show well from that angle, lol.

No my company is gone now, yes I enjoyed it very much, it was my friend Colleen, she is helping me assemble comfortghans and I was showing her the ropes. We got to sit and crochet all afternoon, which in my opinion makes for a good day! :manyheart

Here is my completed dishcloth from my first Dishcloth Tuesday! I used the pattern for the Pineapple Dishcloth I have company coming just after 1 o'clock today, so I didn't have time to do a knitted one, I will work on that sunflower later tonight though. But wanted to make sure I completed one. I took a picture of it hanging off the window latch next to my comp so you can see the detail of the pineapple, unfortunately it doesn't show very well with the verigated that i used. The color is painted dessert.

th_DSC01420.jpg

th_DSC01421.jpg

Very Pretty :yes Gonna have to try that pattern. Thanks for the link.

dishcloth tuesdays is a great idea! I finally took the time to join in! I love this pattern and it is from a Leisure arts book called Kitchen Basics in Cotton. My daughter is getting married in November and I am starting a stack of assorted dishcloths for her! :hook

dishclothtuesdays1_11471.jpg

Very Nice. Good start on the stack of them for DD.

Praying for your mom's recovery, Mel. And for you too with your back and neck.

I have to go do some stretching exercises for my left upper arm. It's been hurting for 3-4 weeks and I finally went to doc and she sent me to physical therapy, of course. I could probably get it better on my own by just doing the exercises and save all those co-pays which tend to add up.

Went to PT yesterday and did the exercises for the 1st time and, of course, afterwards it hurt worse. The therapist then hooked me up to something bigger and better than a TENS unit which helped a lot. Today I don't have that. She's supposed to put in a script for a TENS unit for me. Used to have one but don't know where it is now since a divorce several years ago. Oh, well.

Thank You :hug

I go to PT 3 times a week for my neck. Some days it helps and some days it makes it worse. Gotta take the good with the bad. And the weather affects my neck and back too. If a front or storm is coming, I could be in pain 24 hours ahead of it, and there is nothing I can do to help relieve it.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

all of todays dishcloths look great guys! :cheer

Oh, and I also mustered up some more of my sunflower, might finish it tonight during tv watching, but might fall asleep too :lol I just finished row 40 of 56.

I finished a cloth on but I dont have the picture posted yet. I will post to my blog later tonight. I just can't get pictures to post on this site. Yes I have read all the helpful hints still cant figure it out.

Ada, you're a much better woman than I am. I'm trying to make the Pineapple Dishcloth (the trivet actually) and finding the instructions a bit strange.

First off, once you form the ring, does that ch3 count as the 1st dc or do you have the ch3, then begin the (2dc, ch2) 5 times.

And why would you have (2dc, ch2) 5 times, then (2dc, ch4), then (2dc, ch2) 3 times. I assume the ch4 is the loop and it sounds like it will be off center. You have 10dc and 10 ch's on one side and 6dc and 6 ch's on the other side.

Once you complete Rnd 1 as above, do you turn or just keep on going for Row 2. When you do turn what do you do each time you turn at the end of the row. Do you ch1, ch3, or what?

I worked Row 2 without turning and the loop was off center. I worked Row 2 with turning and the loop was off center. My name is loopy1 and I'm off center! :lol

I practiced it at first and thought I had it. I'm working with 2 strands for the trivet and was doubtful all those dc would fit in that ch5 ring, but I made it. If I can just get to Row 3 and the (dc, ch5, dc), I think I'll be okay with the pineapple.

:help

I'm gonna go eat Werther's Original hard candies and :book.

Ada, never mind. I think I got it. At least the ch5 looks like it's centered beneath the ch4 loop at the top. But I'm doing a ch1 to turn at the end of each row and sl st to the ch2 sp to begin the side shell.

you don't chain on this one when you turn, you just turn and sl st into the first ch2 space.

The (2dc ch2) 5 times, then 3 times, works out when you do it, at least it did for me :lol I'm gonna do another one, but my fingers are knitted out, I FINISHED my sunflower!!!

th_DSC01423.jpg

Jeannie, I'll look at the pattern again tomorrow and tell you what I come up with.

I think I'm okay with the pineapple pattern, Ada. I quit for the night after the dc, ch1 in the 10dc's row and it's looking okay. It's centered. Amazing how she did that.

I love your sunflower cloth. I've been wanting to make some of that type that has a raised design but just haven't gotten a roundtuit (around to it).

Thanks!

you don't chain on this one when you turn, you just turn and sl st into the first ch2 space.

The (2dc ch2) 5 times, then 3 times, works out when you do it, at least it did for me :lol I'm gonna do another one, but my fingers are knitted out, I FINISHED my sunflower!!!

th_DSC01423.jpg

Jeannie, I'll look at the pattern again tomorrow and tell you what I come up with.

Debbie, it looks pretty thick which should be good when washing dishes and pots and pans. I like the colors--very pretty--and the fan design. Is it a variegated cotton?

Archived