Dishcloth Tuesdays!

amandapace

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this idea, I am working on some dishcloths that were requested by my father-in-law. I have done several over the past couple of weeks, only one is crocheted. The rest are knit, he likes a really close tight weave (no holes) so I have been trying different patterns. So if knit ones are ok I will join, and keep knitting until I find a workable stitch that is as close as the knit (using size 3 needle).

Finished another one.

You can see it on MY BLOG. Still using the red/white/blue cotton. Have a big cone so it will be a while. I thought I would start or finish on Monday and post for 2 reasons. I have lunch with a friend every Tuesday and this will remind those who are doing this too, can remember and start one.

Debbi

The dishcloths are great! I'm itching to get home so I can get started again! We are leaving sometime today (DH is a late sleeper), and will get home tomorrow sometime. Since we have a 2yo DS, we take longer to travel than everyone else in my family!

Amanda

I'll be able to make one at lunch today, our lunch was rescheduled. I was looking at the 2007 crochet pattern a day calendar and they have one from the weekend and yesterday (it was a complete kitchen set). So I'm going to do that one. It says only 5 rounds, so I'm not sure how big it will be, but we'll see. If it is only 5, I should finish it during my lunch:cheer . I'll post what I do today in my blog.

Debbi

Ok, I have been working on these since last Tuesday, I finished the yellow one this afternoon. I like the yellow, it has a very tight stitch that will be great in the kitchen. I am not so sure about the mint green one, looks more like a doily to me, but pretty though, :). Have a great day everyone!

IMG_5949.jpg

Beautiful dishclothes!:clap

The one I'm planning on making looks like your green one. I figure someone can just use it for decoration more then anything. Although at one Thanksgiving my aunt was using a very open one I gave her... not sure how that slipped by... she said it worked fine though and was using it.

Debbi

Yesterday was Tuesday already??? lol I remembered while I was at work and wrote myself a sticky note "Dischcloth Tuesday". Put the sticky on the kitchen table when I got home. Then I got sidetracked. Somewhere around 8:30, after I finished ANOTHER One Skein Scarf, I saw the sticky on the table. Uh Oh!! Only 1/2 hour til bedtime, better get my H hook out and get a move on. Found the Crochet Stitch Bible, picked a stitch and a ball of cotton then got the hook a'movin'. The dishcloth is half done. Can't finish it tonight - hubby is taking me out to dinner for our Anniversary. Thursday we are painting our daughter's room (she is coming home Monday from Navy boot camp/A School). So, guess Friday while hubby is in the woods hunting, I can finish this elusive dishcloth.

How did everyone else do on working on their Tuesday dishcloth. I love looking at all the neat patterns everyone comes up with.

Enough babbling for now. Must get back to work. The witch (boss) should be here soon.

If you need another dishcloth pattern, I'm working on Krystal's Eternity Squared pattern.

I knew I'd have a short lunch to crochet with (had to run errands in between, yes short ones) and found this from someone's finished afghan. I thought it would make a nice dishcloth too. It seems easy so far. All in one piece too, so that's nice. Round 11 looks open but that might be okay since the rest isn't.

Debbi

Archived