September Charity Square-A-Long (September 14th - 17th)!!!

LavenderBear

Hello! This month's round is coming SOON!! If you would like to join others who make charity squares of any size, any color, and given to any charity, COME JOIN US! Just gather your yarn, warm up your hooks, and let us know you'll be participating! :clap:yarn:cheer

We will begin when we each wake up on Friday morning (the 14th) and stop when we go to bed on Monday night (17th)! And after you are done with your squares for the round, you post your totals to this thread so I can tally them up and give us a GRAND TOTAL! We made over 300 squares last month, and I bet we can beat that number this time around?! :yay:yes:hug

Mark your calendars and we'll SEE you on Friday! :hook

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how much time I'll have for this as we have a big party coming up on Sunday, but I should be able to do one or two of my preemie blankets for this somewhere along the line. I turned in the last batch (with matching caps) last week, so it's time to make some more. :hook

I want to sign up. I am either going to put some squares together or make more. I have some that I need to sew together. I am going to try to sew them sometime this week..but it is a busy week for me. We shall see.

Hi Suzanne

where do we send the sqaures to

I send mine to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/project_rest_assured/.

Also some times people in the charity section. You can send them to any group you want. Because I usally make 12" squares I save mine untill I have enough for a complete blanket then send it in.

Do a web search for Charity Ghans and you will find one that suits you!!:manyheart

:sheepjump I am warm and ready!

Granny

Any size square you would like to make for any charity you wish to donate to. I have two charities I tend to give mine to, every now and then someone on the ville is looking for squares of certain colors or sizes so I will donate to that....so as you can see there are endless possiblities.

Looking forward to you joining us on this.:hug ....Be careful this can be addiciting some of us watch for this and plan our family events around it...mmmmm that would be me :blush:devil:manyheart

Thank you. I have a lady who just dropped off two big bags (large garbage bag size) of yarns to me this morning so I have plenty of yarn.. She asked me to help make baby afghans for the families of the soldiers at Fort Drum Military Base... they have put in a request for 40 and they supply the yarn... guess I'll put my crocheting to use this weekend... I just finished 2 round ripple baby afghans and am ready to move on to something else for awhile...

Hello! Welcome back to those of you who have been here before, and welcome to all of our newbies! :yay:hug:clap

I am going to be making 8" squares for baby afghans for the Crisis Pregnancy Centers our local crafting group (Metro Detroit Crafters) gives them to! You can make squares for whoever you would like, whether it be someone here on C'Ville or someone else!! Or maybe you have in mind to bless a local charity of your choice?! It's totally up to YOU! :yes

Have you guys decided on colors and patterns yet? Let us know! :cheer

I've never done one of these nor have I made anything using squares. Is the goal to just finish the squares or finish making the afghan or whatever with the squares? I could make something to donate to our Christian school for their auction but I doubt if I could finish something like that in a weekend. Can I play if I just try to make as many squares this weekend as possible?

thanks

John S

Sounds like fun, and I am way ahead on my other CAL, and have finished my 3 charity projects, so I am armed with my hook and ready. Gotta hit the books and find myself a square or pattern, or maybe even create my own...got lots of yarn left from all the other projects, so no shortage of ammunition here...

I decided to use square #8 from the 99 squares booklet. This way I can use all my leftovers for the flowers and I have 4 shades of green for the leaves.

Still trying to make up my mind for the background color, if I want to stay with white or use an ecru or tan instead. Should make a lovely garden type theme when I join them with the latice technique I use. Gathering all my greens together so I don't have to hunt thru the stash when time comes to start.

Hi everyone: Looks like I will be making 7" granny squares in bon bon varigated, teal, blue, purple, pink, and lt. raspberry. This is left over from an afghan I just finished. I am donating mine to Camden House here in town. It is a shelter for battered and abused woman and children. They are building a new facility and need to furnish it. I think the women in my Sorority are going to get together and put up their Christmas tree. We are planning a snowman themed tree. It should be lots of fun.

The squares and colors you ladies are describing sound so pretty. We need to post some pictures of our squares. I just love to look at what ya'll crochet. Everything is always so pretty.

stillwjo

hello and welcome

if the auction is months off,you can get a jump start on making squares for it.

the goals vary,sometime people make squares,other months they join them,it all counts.

or you can just make as many squares as you can for the 4 day event,it all counts one square or a hundred and one.

post your total Monday night when you are done.hope that helps.Linda

pineknot (Linda),

Thanks. I'm getting good at repetition. However, I'm very green at design. I posted a design help thread to see if someone can help me figure out how to make the PCCS afghan. I'm going to my inlaws this weekend so I should have plenty of time to work on stuff.

John S

I decided to use square #8 from the 99 squares booklet. This way I can use all my leftovers for the flowers and I have 4 shades of green for the leaves.

Still trying to make up my mind for the background color, if I want to stay with white or use an ecru or tan instead. Should make a lovely garden type theme when I join them with the latice technique I use. Gathering all my greens together so I don't have to hunt thru the stash when time comes to start.

"Best laid plans....":rofl well mine went that-a-way... Not enough of any one color for background, and can't buy more (hubby will give me a choice of yarn or him), not enough room for it in this itty bitty room.

So on to 2nd choice square, #60. Reminds me of a granny with a star in the center, good for Holidays.:D

Archived