September Charity Square-A-Long (September 14th - 17th)!!!

LavenderBear

Happy - good luck with your recently repaired glasses I hope the tape holds and you'll get them fixed tomorrow

Sounds like you had your hands full with the kitty and the ball of yarn......just like them to mess with the exact thing you need

Looking forward to seeing your completed ghan

Kelly

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slowed down some today. Total for today is 17 1/2, 1 1/2 of the first style squares and 16 of the new ones. Lost lens again this evening while preparing dinner. Cat was asleep upstairs, so no problem retrieving it this time. Pastor stopped by after dinner for a visit, but only stayed a little while, so I got to do some squares afterwards. Used that magical stand by for all repairs to hold lens in this time...yep, you guessed it, duct tape. Don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow, as I HAVE to get glasses fixed.

HappyOldCro, I'm SO sorry you are having issues with your glasses! I'd loan you mine, but I am far-sighted in one eye (and have been since 1st grade - even got to wear a patch for a full year in 4th hoping that would correct my eyesight) and near-sighted in the other! Next year I get bi-focals - yeeee haaaa! Praying that duct tape holds them together until you can get some newbies!

I'm sorry, but I can't remember who has blisters from their crochet hook (pineknott???), but I could pass you some latex-free band-aids from my First Aid Kit, if you'd like?! Here you go - - - passing through the monitor, onto the screen, and into a special little envelope to your inbox! Hope that helps!!

I got 10 more squares done today in between church, going out to lunch, and attending a car show with my hubby and his race car! So that gives me a total of 24 squares so far! I will have time tomorrow after my mall walking to work on some more, and maybe a little time after Hospice Volunteer training tomorrow evening! I will post my Grand Total before I hit the sheets tomorrow night! I can't wait to read how everyone has done this round! We've had some very good descriptions of squares, some interesting stories about this round's adventures, and have gotten to know a few new people who like to make items for charity, too! I LOVE IT!! :yay:yes:clap

Ok, I HAVE to sign off so I get some sleep for my BUSY day tomorrow! Sweet dreams to everyone - - - and good morning to those of you across the pond!! Nite!

Well I did 5 more of the baby yarn squares, ... 6 squares in varigated and pink yarn... and 5 more of my multicolored squares... in between taking my grandAngel out to breakfast, church and getting things ready for the girls for school tomarrow and their baths / showers ... then I fell asleep soon aftere they did... I just woke up and decided I might as well stay up as I have to call the oldest grandgirl at 6 to start getting ready for school..

I got 12 7-inchers done so far. I feel so slow this month though. But 12 is great to go with the other 23 I have. Pretty soon I will have it done. I have 7 squares done with 2 rounds and 13 squares done with 3 rounds-I am doing 6 rounds total. I may get a few done after work tonight. I wish someone would drive me to work, I could get a bunch done. lol Monday's are always too busy to do anything at work, most times you can't get lunch. But I will try!!!

I got 12 more done yesterday for a total of 24. I have to switch square styles tonight so I'm not sure how many I'll finish up with. The ones I've finished didn't match the pictures but they look ok anyway. I wonder if the next style will look like the pictures....

Hi, thanks for all the good thoughts about my glasses. Got them repaired and as soon as I eat something, check out my email, clean the kitty litter (yuck), and plunge the toilet (double yuck), I will be back to my crocheting.

PS: while at WM waiting for them to fix glasses, checked out crafts area and picked up some hooks, a felting booklet and some plastic canvas nylon thread. All on CLEARANCE!!!! :yay

Hi Everyone, I cannot believe how many squares are being made during this CAL. I did not realise I could/should have posted over the weekend to say how I was doing. Focusing so completely on my charity squares really helped me get things done.

Friday I assembled 2 of my little totes I make for the hospice fundraising sale. Then I got my new varigated chunky yarn out and started my squares to see how many I would get from one ball (I have one ball in two colourways to try out). I made 14 squares from each ball and then had enough for three extra in one colour and one extra in the other colour. It is funny the way the same 100g ball goes futher in one colour ??? So that was 31 squares by Saturday evening! (11 small one round/one single trim squares and 20 two round/one single trim squares).

Sunday I got up real early to try to assemble the charity totes and used the 28 squares I needed to make my 4 little bags. Then I went to my scrap yarn bag and crocheted as many circles of hope as I could and got 64 before I was too tired and had to head off to bed.

All I got done today was a quick steam of the seams of my 4 totes and then the few minutes to count my circles of hope. No actual crochet today as I had to catch up on all the jobs I didn't do because I was crocheting for three days! :0) I am real pleased and my total squares(though most are one round only!) is: 95

Next time there is a CAL for charity I will know to check in over the weekend and share more. I really enjoyed reading what everyone else has been upto! It is 8.30 pm now so I have to get organised and off the computer as it is almost time for me to get to bed (I turn into a pumpkin after 10pm :0) But I guess you can't be an early bird AND a night owl that is too much to ask!!!!

I am pooped, can't push to do any more squares. Only did 11 today, so that makes my total 63. But I did empty 2/3 of my partial skeins tub, and got all my balls wound for the little bits that were left. AND got glasses fixed, :lol.

(Hubby did kitty litter and plunging for me, so I got out of doing the yucky stuff.) Gonna take a day or two off from crocheting and then work on putting those 36 squares together. The Spanish tiles will be on my WIP for now. Got other projects to work on (shhhhh, sewing to do.....got a pile of mending calling out to me).

Hello! It's quite late for me and it's been a long day, so I am going to sign off and add up the totals tomorrow! If you haven't posted yours, please do so ASAP! :hook

I made 12 more squares today, giving me 36 squares for this round! Pretty good since I've been SUPER busy this round! :yes

Can't wait to hear all of your totals and send you a GRAND TOTAL! :cheer:yay:clap Stay tuned . . .

I fell asleep before posting so here goes...

20 - 3 toned blue crocheted and joined

13 - baby yarn doubled 8"

9 - 6" squares in varigated, salmon and yellow

2 - hexagons in white and lavender

7 - multicolored from scrap yarn

25 - granny daughters

20 - circles of red and white which look peppermint candies..

for a grand total of 96 ... I need to finish 7 more to put together a blankie in bsby yarn, 21 more 6" squares to finish the orange, yellow and varigated one... I'm quite happy for the results I should have those 2 blankies finished by the end of this week...

My total for this round is 21 squares. Not as many as I did last month, but still I am happy with my total. I was on call this weekend and I had to work late last night, so I did good with the time I had. Sounds like everyone did excellent. My gosh our total will be huge this month. Way to go ladies!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Thanks for making this a fun event. I will be back for October. I will post a picture of my afghan before I give it to Camden House.

Archived