September Charity Square-A-Long (September 14th - 17th)!!!

LavenderBear

I'm in too! I am finishing up assembling two Grannie Square totes today for my box for the local Hospice then I will be ready to start tomorrow morning! I am going to make circles of hope to send with the ones I have already for Bonnie and if I use up my bag of scraps and still have time I will start the squares for my next Hospice Baby Blanket as I have a 100g ball of a new variaged yarn I was given in an exchange and I want to see how many squares I get from it! This is such a fun idea! Happy Crocheting everyone! :0)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOWZER is all I can say right now! I am NOT getting all of these posts (I'll have to go back to the daily upates instead of individual posts) and here there are MANY more here joining in!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :clap

No matter where you live, we have less than 24 hours to begin this round! Whenever you get up and started on Friday and until Monday night when you are ready to quit (and living life in between, of course), your round will be in session!! :yes

SO . . . grab your hooks, your yarn, your scissors, and your needles (if you had ends as you go) and be ready to get going SOON! :cheer:yarn:yay

"SEE" you tomorrow and post as often as you'd like telling us how many squares you've completed! Just DON'T FORGET to post your totals!!:manyheart

P.S. THANKS to those of you who answered questions for those who had them! I STILL can't believe we've been doing this for over a year now!!

Hello! It's been a BUSY day of studying for a class tonight, but I have made 3 charity squares so far! And I'll be working on more tonight after I get home! :yay

How is everyone else coming along?! :manyheart

I can't start until late tonight or tomorrow. Working today then traveling 4 hours tonight. I can't read in a car so I probably can't crochet...pity. I think I've figured out a square to use for an afghan. I'm hoping that my daughter (9) will make some squares, too. She seemed excited about the idea of us "competing" to make a bunch of squares with you guys. She hasn't finished anything yet but I hope she'll be willing to learn this weekend.

Hey, where did everybody go?! I know! I know! You guys are SO BUSY making charity squares (and maybe watching t.v.??) and can't pull yourselves away?! Chime in and let us know how you're coming along! :cheer

John S, how COOL that your daughter may join your in crocheting this weekend! :clap

I've only made 5 squares with my BUSY day and then class tonight, but I will be back at making more tomorrow! :yes

Keep on hooking!! :hook

Hello... I've been a very busy lady.. while watching the Yankees beat the Red Sox tonight I crocheted 20 - 6" squares in three shades of blue. Earlier today I got 4 done that are about 5" square... I also got about 30 granny daughters done which are the basis for my 5" squares .... they are from scraps so will be all different colors with the outside row done in white.. Enough of a break back to my hook...

Made 18 squares on Friday, didn't post it last night cause I dozed off while crocheting. If I can make 18 more today, I will have enough to finish the afghan, it will just have to be joined. Then tomorrow I will start a join as you go afghan....

I'm afraid I'm not working as fast as everyone else. I only finished one square last night and have another about half way finished, but.... I'm going to the local knit & crochet group for 2 hours today and then I'll be home the rest of the day so I should get a few squares done.

Ok, so I haven't officially completed 1 square (I am working on grannies) I have 37 in various stages of progress. I should complete 6 this morning and work on the rest later. It's going to be busy today. I am putting up my fall decorations (I absolute love fall) and then I am going to a charity ball tonight. Do you think I should bring my squares? I might get some rows done in between dancing with my husband! lol

Good morning, everyone! :hug

Looks like a few of us have gotten started with our squares and granny's daughters . . . yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! :cheer:yay:cheer

Carol, I think you should take a tote of yarn and hooks and do a little round robin right there at your table. You start the first row, pass the yarn (maybe even a different color?) and hook (or let each one have their own hook while waiting), and let the next person add their round, and so on!! Who knows?! Maybe you'll get a group of crocheters together where you guys can meet every so often to work on projects and chat?! :clap

I'm going to be in and out today, but I will be working on squares when I can! And I think I might even pull out a favorite movie and watch it later while doing so since it's in the 40's out there and is only suppose to get up to the low 60's! Looks like fall is here now in Michigan! It's been a little on the chilly side the last few days! :wbrr Makes me want to climb back into bed and go back to :sleep !!! What's the weather like where YOU are today?!

Way to go, everyone who's been able to start. I spent yesterday and today so far running errands and cleaning in preparation for a huge party that we are having here at the house tomorrow. I actually never went to bed last night. Got my second wind somewhere around 4:00 am. So far I'm not doing too badly. I've got to start making potato salad and coleslaw soon, but with luck, I can start crocheting after that. I have a little more straightening up to do, but the major stuff is done. At least the part I'm responsible for. I think I hear my hook calling me.:hook

I see some of you have flying hooks :yay what a great way to start

I will probably do the most tonight and tomorrow during the football games. Right now I have 3-12" squares done and 1-8"

Keep up the great work everyone:hook ...talk to you soon :yes

Hello! We're at the halfway point tonight - WOW - and I'm here to post my totals! I made 5 squares yesterday and 9 today! I will hopefully feel better tomorrow and make more then, but for now I'm going to sign off and do a little reading and get a GOOD night's sleep!

Sweet dreams, everyone! And keep those hooks flyin'! :hook

Only 16 1/2 squares done today, then my glasses broke. I have hot glued them and hope they make it until Monday when eyeglass place is open.

If they hold up I can finish the other 1 1/2 tomorrow and start on the join as you go thingee. Too tired now, goodnight all. :yawn:tired:night:sleep

I finished 12 of the 7 inch basic grannies today. That's 1/4 of the 48 I'll need. I'm doing 2 colors with 2 styles each. I found a basic granny square and a more solid granny square at pumamouse. I just did one color of the basic pattern (holes).

Jennifer was busy with stuff at Grammy and Poppy's so she didn't have much time to work on crocheting. We tried to get a square going but she's not quite clean enough to keep everything untangled, but, we're making progress.

Sunday's church, lunch then the 4 hour drive back home. Probably not a lot of crocheting. Hopefully 12 is an ok number for my first try.

I forgot that it goes through Monday. Maybe I can get a few more in. We'll see....

Got tired and went to bed before I posted... Saturday I connected my blue squares and crocheted around in white so that baby blankie is all done... I did 5 more of the 5' multicolored ones. I did 2 hexagons with white centers and lavender outside... I also have 3 - 8" squares done in baby yarn doubled... I have trouble with my hands so have to keep changing hook size... therefore the different ones going on at once..

Good morning or afternoon to all of you! :manyheart

Congrats to you who have made at least one square! Remember, even if you get ONE done, you have succeeded!! Every square made is a help to those in need! :yay

I've got church this morning and then we usually go out to eat. After that, I will be home crocheting and relaxing today!

I'll be back later tonight with my totals for today!!

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone!! :cheer:yarn:cheer

Well, the glue didn't hold. So now I have scotch tape holding lens in place. Makes things a little blurry :think, but I can always close one eye to see where I am, :lol . Anyhoo, was going through tubs to pull out more yarn, and found stuff I forgot I had, and tons of yarn needing to be rolled in balls (I like to use them for appliques). That's when the glue gave way and my lens came out and rolled across the floor, giving the cat :cat the idea that I wanted to play. As I dove for the lens, the balls rolled onto the floor too, so now the cat and I are playing who can grab the most the fastest. 45 minutes later everything is back in place and the cat is sulking cause I took his new toys away. I got to finish the 1 1/2 squares to complete the first afghan (still needs to be joined) and started the join as you go. It is called Spanish Tiles from the Join-As-You-Go Afghans by Kathy Wesley. My colors are different, but the squares are small and work up fast. Will post how much done today later this evening.

Archived