roses are blue

kkms

so money is tight and i could not buy a decent present for my grandmother for her birthday so i went for the next best thing.

the pictures are not that great, i was hurring.

pics should be clickable! sorry can't figure out how to rotate the picture now.

th_IMG_0330.jpg

th_IMG_0329.jpg

Those roses will never fade and die like real ones. I think they are awesome. Did you make them up yourself or did you have a pattern? (Did you put pipe cleaners in the 'stem'? Just curious... :P ) Very nice! Oh, and I don't think you could buy blue roses, either! (Can you?) Way cool.

Tina

Those roses will never fade and die like real ones. I think they are awesome. Did you make them up yourself or did you have a pattern? (Did you put pipe cleaners in the 'stem'? Just curious... :P ) Very nice! Oh, and I don't think you could buy blue roses, either! (Can you?) Way cool.

Tina

no tina i can't buy blue roses. the last time i did it was a special order for my moms casket.

i did have a pattern for the roses and i crocheted around floral wire for the stems. pipe cleaners wer not sturdy enough.

thanks everyone for your warm comments. she does love them.

How beautiful!! And how sweet!! You made something that came from your heart!! Been that I am a grandma--I would cherish those flowers 4-ever!! Great job!!:)

• 1 year later...
I think it was a great idea. She can enjoy their beauty forever instaed of just a few days. This was a gift form the heart and those are the best kind!

I so agree those are the best kind. Absolutely beautiful. Where did you find the pattern? My mind started thinking that I might try the pattern in thread.

Archived