Other crafty hobbies?

I do plastic canvas as well and I want to try quilting, but I don't have the space to put my sewing machine or supplies because I have too much yarn.

I make high-end teddybears and other animals from mohair and other plush fabrics.

P.S. The mohair I use comes from a special breed of goat. The animal is not hurt; s/he is shaved much the way a sheep is shaved for its wool. The fur is then weaved onto fabric.

I also love to needlepoint.

I learned two things in a home ec elective class.

Crochet and needlepoint and I love them both. MY teacher was Mrs Travis. She was a little itty bitty woman with blue hair and I am so glad she taught that class. I have my needlepoint sampler from that class still. :)

I cross stitched from when I was 6 till about 15. I still have a piece that I've worked on off and on for over a decade for my mom. She always collected carousel horses. This design is about 30 by 36 inches and had many many different colors, stitches, using one strand mixed with another color strand, tons of backstitches. I'm about 85 -90% done but over the years other things got in the way and my mom hasn't collected horses in a long time, so I'm not sure she would even want it by the time I'm done, lol.

Now I knit, crochet, make cards, and sew a little. I'd love to get into making jewelry but just like all my other hobbies I buy everything there is then end up not knowing what to make so I just admire all my stuff. :-)

I knit as well as crochet. I tend to alternate, depending on the state of my tendonitis. I've tried sewing and it's definitely NOT my strong suit. I admire the people who can do it. I can just barely sew a loose hem, a button, or seams for a crocheted/knitted wearable. Other than that, I'm just lost...

I love all things crafty....I do not discriminate! :clap

Among my faves....crochet :yes , scrapbooking, stamping, jewelry making, beading, cross stitch, sewing ....there's always *some* project I'm in the middle of!

I have just started "quilting". I love to piece the tops but don't much enjoy the extensive "hand quilting" part. I also do silk ribbon embroidery which goes faster than floss embroidery. I've tried my hand at making rag rugs which I find are great fun but take a TON of fabric. I also am very involved in rubber stamping cards and creating unique envelopes.

Crochet and knitting are my all time favorites. I also do sewing, embroidary, plastic canvas and quilting.

Same for me. Just add "playing with polymer clay" and cancel the quilting in my case... :lol

Crochet is my favorite but I do plastic canvas, some knitting, some sewing, and now trying out some bead and wire crochet jewelry.

I don't dare try anything like quilting because I would have to buy all the fabric I could and have quite a stash, just like I do for crochet!:lol :lol :lol And my husband would not be happy! :lol So I just won't try it!

:manyheart

i love to locker hook (think old rag rugs weaved on a cotton canvas grid). my gramma showed me how to do it and i make potholders. they make FANTASTIC gifts for different holidays.

i have dabbled in sewing. i would love to know how to make clothing. i have tons of fabric and patterns collecting dust in my basement.

:yes Yes, when I need a brake from crocheting, I like to embroider or do counted cross-stitch.. I also tried plastic canvas, but got tired of it..:D My new year resolution was to learn how to knit but I only got as far as trying my new gadget,"the pocket knitter" and I do not know where I put it!!:think My passion is crochet.. so Happy Crocheting to all....:yarn

I love to knit and crochet mostly, but I also cross stitch, quilt, sew, needle tatting, and embroidery.

~Tami

is "needle tatting" different from tatting?

Archived