I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

Your welcome everyone. I thought that since we have so many pages that it would be easier for any new-comers.

I'm glad everyone likes the new leaf pattern. I think it does work alot better than the one from Sandi Marshall. And the 1600 squares does seem a bit scary. I just realized that I did the top leaves in green, so feel free to change the color to a more fall color. I just did it in MS Paint so I didn't have the color section like I would in PSP.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't mind me asking... what is the SKY CAL?

It's really called "look up in the sky" something like that. It was started by JulieKay to help all of us with our WIPs (works in progree) or UFOs (unfinished objects)...we've been very, very bad:devil

The Sky CAL is the Look Up In The Sky! CAL that we're using to clear out some WIPs but it's kinda taken on a life of it's own and it is a right hoot and a half over there! :yes Of course it's another of Julie's brilliant creations. She does the mostest fun CALs :yes

:rofl I bid on another copy of that book in case Wendy didn't get the first one, fell asleep, waaayyyy over slept (right thru the alarm) and won the darn auction :rofl Oh well, it's a super spiffy book and now I have a copy, too :D

Wow I never really thought about how many squares that leaf pattern would take. Sorry everyone. I took that idea and tried to design a new one.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/cheersmurf/newleaves.jpg

there's the new version of it. Feel free to improve it if it needs it.

Megan, I really like your pattern...thanks for sharing. :manyheart

:rofl I bid on another copy of that book in case Wendy didn't get the first one, fell asleep, waaayyyy over slept (right thru the alarm) and won the darn auction :rofl Oh well, it's a super spiffy book and now I have a copy, too :D

Cara thats quite funny.:lol :lol Thanks for doing that but at least you have your own now. Didnt you say you already had it though.:think

Mine all up came to 30 dollarsAUD, but I think its going to be worth it. Dont think hubby was too impressed with the postage cost but I said I will ask mum if she wants to give it to me for my birthday.

Do you know I wasnt even looking for that, I was looking up the spin art pattern to see what it looked like and I clicked on this auction.

Morning Tabby, Im sure Cara wont mind. It will be interesting all the different ones everyone will be making. Im going to wait for that book and make up mind then. One thing though I have given up trying to make my own design, thats best left to the experts in here.

Hi, everyone. We sure do have some creative folks in here. I think the one I'm trying to come up with is starting to gel. At least enough to start putting something down on graph paper soon. I don't know if anything will come of it, but time will tell. Thanks for gathering everything together Megan. And thanks for putting them on page 1, Julie.:hug

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Yes, I think I already have it but I can keep it for a swap or to donate to the auction next year or give it to the elderly charity here in town that is looking for knit and crochet supplies. It won't go to waste :)

Tabby - Why I don't mind one bit. In fact, I really wish you would :yes I have another one in mind as a lapghan that I wanna do. Still have to work out the kinks.

gina - I checked the site out. Broken Arrows is so perfect! (click on the image and look at the colored image on left upper corner - instant maple leaves!) A challenge with about 13 constrast colors.

There is a maple leaves image but I don't see how to put the stems in the crochet graph.

There are others I like if I wish to do quilts in different themes. Thank you for sharing the link! I got it bookmarked as a WIM. :lol

The stem would be easy. It can be applied as an applique afterward. My Wheels on the Bus cuddle ghan uses it on the roofline of the schoolhouse. I just made a chain the length I needed, laid it flat on the ghan and sewed it on. I worked out real well :D On my fall ghan the legs of the crows would be done the same way.

You can also slip stitch an applique on like that... Just keep your yarn behind your work, yarn THROUGH your work, grab the yarn and pull through the loop on your hook from the front.

Oh now I never thought of that!! That's brilliant!

You guys are really letting your creative juices flow. Cara and Krystal those are both great ideas for the appliques.

Diane thanks for posting the link:)

Gina I love that pattern too. Great choice in designs :yes

I'm excited for Sept 1st now so that I can start seeing how everyone's quilts are coming together.

Archived