I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Cara - does Tuon snuggle up with you when you nap? Just had that image:)

I have a feeling it's going to be hard to decide which pattern to use when the time comes...Tab's is really cute...and not too many bi-color squares, either - I checked!:lol

Hi, Cara - does Tuon snuggle up with you when you nap? Just had that image:)

No not yet. She still sleeps in a cage. Safer that way :yes But Misa is still my nap buddy :manyheart:cat

No not yet. She still sleeps in a cage. Safer that way :yes But Misa is still my nap buddy :manyheart:cat

There's something about being able to fall sleep easily when you're next to something furry - when DH is traveling I love snuggling with my dogs:lol :lol :lol

The only time I snuggle with my dog is when it's REALLY cold outside and that morning fire hasn't kicked in yet. I lay on the floor in front of the wood stove, and he sees that as an invitation. So, all 75 pounds of him decides he wants to be a lap dog and half lays on me...

Hey, Tabby, how's the weather up in NY State??

It's very nice and cool down here by the Jersey Shore - and except for the rain this morning it's been WONDERFUL!!:) :) :)

Rain, rain, rain & more rain. It's finally stopped but it's just so dark & chilly. Good jeans & sweatshirt weather though & we won't have to sleep with the AC on. I love being able to have the windows open & enjoy the fresh air. :) I'm glad your weather has been beautiful today. Everyone needs that every now & again. :yes Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful here & thankfully because the twins b-day party is outside. :)

Well, I don't have much of a choice since I have kids. I do it for every kid. :eek But I am smart because they only get to invite one friend each. Only one kid can make it this year so it should be okay, it's more of a family day. The only thing I may regret is inviting the kid for a sleepover, ecspecially since Hubby has to work on Sunday. I've never let anyone sleepover so I didn't know what I signed up for until the kids Mom told me she does it & they don't sleep all night. So if I look like this :tired on Sunday you'll know why. :lol :lol

Tab, they DON'T sleep on a sleep over....the voice of experience here:P Have any sleeping pills on hand:lol ??

You'll get through it okay - and maybe get to nap after the kid goes home:hug

Oh Tabby good luck. I don't think I'm ready for sleep overs just yet. We are having Maddie's bday party next weekend. It's only going to be a couple of hours and she has three or four friends coming over. Hopefully my apartment will still be in one piece.

Tab, they DON'T sleep on a sleep over....the voice of experience here:P Have any sleeping pills on hand:lol ??

You'll get through it okay - and maybe get to nap after the kid goes home:hug

I always thought it was just a gabby girl thing with staying up. Oh well, shows ya what I know. :lol

Me nap? With 4 kids? That is too funny. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'll have to go get some heavy duty cough syrup, ya think his Mom will mind? :rofl

I'll get through it, I just may never do it again. :P

Oh Tabby good luck. I don't think I'm ready for sleep overs just yet. We are having Maddie's bday party next weekend. It's only going to be a couple of hours and she has three or four friends coming over. Hopefully my apartment will still be in one piece.

Yeah, well my twins are 12 so I thought it was about time to be nice for once. And only once. :devil:rofl

Happy early birthday to Maddie. :manyheart

Tabby, you KNOW how boys can be - and gabbing ain't the half of it!:lol

You'll at least have ammunition when they ask to do it again - and you say no.

Donna, I remember my DS's 5th b/day party at our house. It was inside...the girls sat there playing quietly in a corner while the boys ran themselves silly running through the downstairs rooms of my center hall colonial:eek

'night, ladies....

Tabby nice pattern you have come up with. Im finding it so hard to do but then maybe Im just not doing it simple enough, if you know what I mean. As for sleepovers, the girls have had a few for their birthdays and never again. 2am we had to yell at them to get to sleep. they just wouldnt stop gasbagging.

I have been looking for cross stitch patterns or coloring in pages to try and make up a pattern when it came to me that my girls used to do Hama beads and make them into patterns and then I would iron it. Not sure if you have heard of it.

Anyway if you go to this site you will find lots of patterns that are already done for you and as they are for beads there are no bicolor squares or curves involved. So instant pattern to use. Here is the site, I love the bumblebee.

http://www.beadmerrily.co.uk/beadpictures.php

I have been looking for cross stitch patterns or coloring in pages to try and make up a pattern when it came to me that my girls used to do Hama beads and make them into patterns and then I would iron it. Not sure if you have heard of it.

Anyway if you go to this site you will find lots of patterns that are already done for you and as they are for beads there are no bicolor squares or curves involved. So instant pattern to use. Here is the site, I love the bumblebee.

www.beadmerrily.co.uk/beadpictures.php

Exactly!! Like I've said....it's the Lite Brite method of crochet design :lol

Barb yes it probably would I guess. Have to find smaller patterns unless we can scale that bumblebee down.

hehe Cara I just cant design, I envy you that you can do it. But if I can find a way to convert something into a quilt thats the next best thing I guess.

One thing you could look for is avatars. They are usually 50x50 or less. You can also shrink down clip art. If you use a pixel per saltine, then you'd hit the jackpot.

Seems easier to play with crayons and pencil, though.

Why doesn't somebody just draw a pumpkin, and someone else do a leaf, another do a bee... then we can mix and match into one quilt?

Misa - that is so great! I am not sure how the crows' feet can be done. I really like the design. :)

I found a fall colored leaves chart in a knitting book. I don't want to copy it as it can be a big risk of copyrights. I will think more on it.

Tabby and Cara- great work on your designs ! You guys are braver than me !

I'll just sit back and watch the creative process in here. I have never even been able to draw a straight line, let alone design a complete afghan, so I'll just leave that to more talented people .

Keep up the good work, and we still have a little over 2 weeks til the project starts, which will give everyone time to still think of something if they are working on it now.

Archived