I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

Cara, that looks great...I love the colors!

One thought popped in my head: what about WHEAT insted of corn in that section...or...not sure it can even be done...a hatstack or something like that. I was thinking of the seasons' hay rides...

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy you're a genious. I never thought about it. We have pony bead banner patterns too. Those would work out perfect for a quilt ghan. Thank you so much for the idea. Now I'm going to look through those.

Oh Cara, I love it. Now I really want to make this one. What size did you use for it? Is it the size of a cuddle ghan?

Alright ladies. I took one of the ideas from the link Wendy gave us and made up a picture quilt. My question is do you think 28x24 is too big for a picture ghan? If so then I have a bit more tweaking to do.

Can't wait to see it. :D

Donna - look great! I think it will be fine with roughly 2" squares which make it 4' x 4' 8" afghan.

Working on the falling leaves graph... I use Microsoft Paint, and use print view to see the full screen as Paint don't have any zoom in beyond 100%

Thanks girls. I might try to make it for Meaghan for her bday. It's oct. 16. I'm not sure if I can get one finished that fast but I thought it would be fitting since it's the same month. lol. We will see. I really want to make Cara's too. lol I think I have all the colors except the blue. I'm thinking windsor blue for the sky on it.

Cara (and any other "Saltine-Expert" in the crowd :lol)... do you think it's possible and / or feasible to make a 1/4 colour saltine (similar to the 1/2 colour)? A thought just occurred to me and I haven't tried it yet, but if we could do it, it could make some very intereting possibilities.... :think

Hmm... must get some work done today but maybe I'll try it during a break.

Peace out!

~k

Cara (and any other "Saltine-Expert" in the crowd :lol)... do you think it's possible and / or feasible to make a 1/4 colour saltine (similar to the 1/2 colour)? A thought just occurred to me and I haven't tried it yet, but if we could do it, it could make some very intereting possibilities.... :think

Hmm... must get some work done today but maybe I'll try it during a break.

Peace out!

~k

Actually I think busy-bee-lmt does a 1/4 color square. Not real sure how she does it but she designed just the cutest train ghan that uses them. :yes

For the heck of it, here is the instructions quoted from BHG, Christmas Crafts To Make Ahead: This instruction use two colors, red and ecru for 1/4 sqs.

Two - color squares:

Rnd 1: With red, ch 3, join with sl st to form ring. Ch 2, wrap hook with ecru (leave 3-inch tail) and ch 2 with ecru (counts as 1 dc and ch 1) 2 dc into ring with ecru (hold dropped color at back of work and crochet around it to carry it along hereafter) 1 dc in ring pulling red through 2nd 2 lps to pick up red and drop ecru; ch1, 3 dc in ring with red, pulling ecru through last 2 lps of 3rd dc (drops red and picks up ecru; use this method of changing colors from now on except at beg corner); ch 1, 3 dc in ring changing colors on 3rd dc; ch1, 2 dc in ring, wrap around ch 4 and join with sl st, sl st into 4th ch.

Rnd 2: Do not turn. Ch 2 with red, wrap with ecru, ch 2, * 3 dc in same corner (wrapping around dropped color at back of work) 3 dc in next corner changing colors on 3rd dc, ch 1. Rep from * twice more. 3 dc in same corner, 2 dc in next corner, wrap around ch 4 and join with sl st, sl st into 4th ch.

Rnd 3-4: Rep Rnd 2 inc 1 grp of 3 dc bet corners each rnd. After joining 4th rnd, fasten off.

Note: Rnd = Round, inc = increase, grp = group, bet = between, ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, dc = double crochet, lps = loops, rep = repeat.

Here is the Falling Leaves. I am not really happy with it. Please share ideas and thoughts.

th_Falling_Leaves.png (After I uploaded it, I realized there are some little mistakes.)

Oooh. I like it!

Archived