Good News about Cathedral Rose Pattern!

Mermaiden

Guess What!!!!!!!!! ...!

"Award-Winning Afghans: Cathedral Rose Windows Afghan"

I wrote to Annie's Attic last month, beseeching them to please consider reprinting this. I got back a generic canned response of course... 'yeah, that pattern's not available anymore.' (No Duh, really?) I wrote back and said 'I know, that's why I'm writing you. :lol Please pass this along to your marketing folks - a ton of people are dying to purchase this. It'll be well worth your while.'

So out of the blue one day I got a reply back to the email from a Customer Relations Manager (this is paraphrased) stating that

'the catalog directors have decided to bring this pattern back. They're in the restitching phase and are making all the necessary adjustments and corrections to the original pattern.' She also included that since this pattern has a lot of detail and is over 4 pages long, they're hoping to be done with all this by March 2008.

:clap:cheer:yay

I had to share!

This is good news indeed! :cheer:clap I will definitely get another copy of this pattern, especially if there are corrections to any errors in the first publication. Now I want the month of March to hurry and get here :D .

If the pattern is reissued, I think I will buy it...and make it in thread. It would make a stunning piece of wall art, I think. Then I'll hold onto the pattern until it goes out of print again, and sell it for a fabulous price! :rofl

I wonder if a write-in helped. I e-mailed them and the standard reply from just about any business "Your suggestion has been sent to management to consider." came back.

I can't wait, this is a great pattern. I think i remember seeing it, but probably thought it too hard (didn't have Crochetville or know about it for help or to tell me it wasn't).

I'm definately getting it.

Debbi

Oh that is SO wrong! I did the same thing about a month ago and they told me that because of the editing they would have to do they wouldn't be reprinting it. That is great for all who want this one but bummer for me cause I just got the old one and mine will have the errors.

wow! you ROCK, Mermaiden! thank you so much for taking the time push this. I personally do not want to tackle that pattern but I see how popular it is. I have written them about the swivel-double ended hooks, in hopes that they will once again produce them. you and others input made a difference. keep up the loud voices!! this is why knitters have so much more, because they buy more and they demand more.

Mermaiden: Thank you! That is so great! I would love to tackle this pattern, but I could not justify paying the going price for the existing pattern book! It will be great to see the corrected version in March 2008 though.

I called and spent 30 minutes on the phone with the customer service department about the pattern. I am really glad to be told they are going to do this one.

I have emailed them about once a month for the last six or so months saying they should bring it back, too. I can't imagine we have been the only ones, nor that AA is living under a rock and doesn't see the demand for it. Good for them for actually listening!

Thank you all for your hard work on getting this pattern re-printed. I have coveted this pattern for ever....I have refused to spend $50 or more for an originaly priced $10 pattern! That was just soooo wrong to me! I just never needed it that much!

I can't beleive that the people at AA hadn't seen the prices that this old pattern was getting on ebay and they didn't re-print it just to get their share of the profit.

Thanks again! I will be stalking the AA site in March!

If the pattern is reissued, I think I will buy it...and make it in thread. It would make a stunning piece of wall art, I think. Then I'll hold onto the pattern until it goes out of print again, and sell it for a fabulous price! :rofl

:lol That is hillarious! I think I'll buy a case of the pattern just to sell!:lol

I feel like we've all won the lottery (except for Empress):P !

:lol This really is a nice afghan but....I just don't see the "must have" feature of it. I have looked at it several times and just don't get it.:lol

Thanks to those of us with the squeaky wheel (voices that love to be heard) we will be the ones getting the grease (the patterns that we want)!:lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived